Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dedicated Server in one folder

Refugee
    After a few bumps, everything is working as I imagined. Thanks for the help guys!

Now, no one has to leave their computer overnight on to allow the other person to play. Everyone is able to host the same dedicated server anytime they want, meaning no one person has to leave their computer running constantly.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    So... Now that's been done, why not build a dedi? Everyone chips in? You'd be set for around 500.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Seems to me, since you can set the save game up on Google drive, that you could all have full copies of the dedi locally, all just pointing to the google drive folder for the save. The disadvantage, if it is one, is that one user could use mods when they host.

All in all, nifty idea. Kudos for getting it to work.

Refugee
    Hello! I'm rather new to 7DTD and have been loving the game. I've been playing with a few friends and was hoping to implement the same functionality that SgtFlexxx has setup of syncing our multiplayer gamesave to GDrive and have any one of us host when we want to continue playing our gamesave.

Would it be possible for someone to write up a step by step guide to set this up? So far I've been mimicking what I can from this thread, however, there seems to be a lot missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!