Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Base Defense meta

Roland said : Seems to me every post on the subject is people pleading with the devs to give some zombies leaping abilities, other zombies digging abilities, and all zombies the task to smash nearby blocks
    these requests come from those who seem to think that an underground base is an affront to the game and the possibility of bedrock bases must be stamped out at all cost. That the player MUST face the horde.
    some of us old farts dont have the reflexes or skills to run around with the horde whacking them on the head with a club!
    some of us like to survive and craft ( thats still part of the game right?) Any sane survivor would avoid zeds whenever possible especially on a horde night. you play your way but why am i not allowed to play my way?
    The game will go in the direction MM wants no matter what we say. If it happens to go a way i find i cant play anymore then i have more than got my money's worth. But i will always give the game a chance to see how things play out. This is the only game i seem to be playing lately..

Quote Originally Posted by spud42 View Post
    these requests come from those who seem to think that an underground base is an affront to the game and the possibility of bedrock bases must be stamped out at all cost. That the player MUST face the horde.
    some of us old farts dont have the reflexes or skills to run around with the horde whacking them on the head with a club!
    some of us like to survive and craft ( thats still part of the game right?) Any sane survivor would avoid zeds whenever possible especially on a horde night. you play your way but why am i not allowed to play my way?
    The game will go in the direction MM wants no matter what we say. If it happens to go a way i find i cant play anymore then i have more than got my money's worth. But i will always give the game a chance to see how things play out. This is the only game i seem to be playing lately..
    You always have modding.

MM and other devs have mentioned they intend to keep a strong support for the Modding Community.

So far they've kept their word and it's created a really good relationship between the community and the developers.

Modding the game so it's always the way YOU want to play is one of the best things about 7DTD.

Refugee

Impenetrable base

If you want an Impenetrable base that is easy to set up, low cost, easy to repair, available from early game, requires no active or passive defenses, then use horizontally stacked poles adjusted to the upper inside 3 high in a square on flat ground with 2 to 3 blocks flat out from the poles to form a platform and a ramp up to the platform. There you go, hoard proof. Melee or shoot zombies through the poles for uber amounts of xp and loot. Cops are the only ones that will do damage and shoot through, crawlers will be able to come under.
    However, I hope they patch this so the AI will attack poles stacked in this specific manner.