Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Backup, archive, and clean your seeds!

Hi Sophung, the serverconfigmain.xml on my server is in the root directory, so /94.250.222.71_XXXXX in my case. No extra config folder, I will contact my hoster tomorrow if they could switch at least the name of the config file back to the serverconfig.xml, to make it more easy for tools like yours

Regarding your other questions, my Statistics are the following:

Players: Total: 386 Active: 153 Inactive: 233 Inactive: Admins 0 - Players expiration set to 30
    LCBs: Total: 102 Active: 57 Inactive: 45 Inactive: Admins 0
    Regions: Total: 1232 Active: 61 Inactive: 1171

Nag me, if you need more info, you also may add me on Steam. I also have a rented test server, which I can wreck while testing, if needed. My online times are european ones, so for today I am off

Survivor
    PM me your steam name, I'm going to PM you and fabi-88 a test version

edit: your file location is accounted for in this test so your provider is fine

Thanks
    Last edited by Sophung; 01-21-2017 at 07:16 PM.

Refugee
    @ Sophung

i have tested offline and online, same error

it is in the Bulk File Tools

the files is /.local/share/7DaysToDie/Saves/Random Gen/AbenteuerLand

the error is on Clean Regions it is red (Busy) then Unable to archive region r.-1.2.7rg . Error code -1

Unbenannt1.jpg

Unbenannt2.jpg

Unbenannt3.jpg

Unbenannt4.jpg
    Last edited by fabi-88; 01-22-2017 at 12:42 AM.

Survivor
    can you friend me on steam?

Just tried the test version.

The Unable to get /saves/serveradmin.xml Code -1 is still present.

Backup Players: 24 of 157 active are saved, all from 23.12. to 30.12., stopping with the New Year. Maybe an issue with the years transition?

Backup Regions and LCBs: all is saved correctly

Backup Misc: Success: //Failed: serverconfig.xml, output_log.txt, serveradmin.xml.

the error message Success: //Failed: serverconfig.xml, output_log.txt, serveradmin.xml stays when any action to players is done (backup or clean), but vanishes when LCB's or regions are backed up.

I also downloaded the 7D2D BARC (sorce code).au3 file, but cannot open it with AutoIt Editor, get error message for Line 10 - #include <XML.au3>.

Survivor
    The source code will need the xml library found here https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/f...lwrapperexau3/ download, extract and move xml.au3 to here "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include". The source code is only needed if you'd like to review, tinker or compile

Test version 20170122.2 is doing well but I'd like to fix the xml file backups for you before I publish.

Thank you both for helping me find and fix these bugs!

Edit: while working with both of you I've concluded that each server has their xmls in different places and with different names. Instead of continuing to guess, I'll be adding the file paths as settings fields. This especially helps Ubuntu servers (looking at you Fabi lol)
    Last edited by Sophung; 01-22-2017 at 11:14 AM.

Survivor
    version 20170122.3 is available now

xml file locations have been reworked so you have to tell the program where they are.
    It makes changes to the player buttons to fix year-end trimming.
    The region archive pathing had a typo and is now fixed.

Thx Fabi and Puschpa for your help with these bugs!
    Last edited by Sophung; 02-21-2017 at 01:50 AM.

And it works now perfectly. Thanks!

Survivor
    20170123.1 is aesthetic with a button color change and an 'i' being changed to lowercase.

Thanks all

Survivor
    I would love it if anybody is willing to help test the UNC version found here:
    https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...hare_link_copy

**The UNC version has not been tested against any real or test servers. I've only performed very limited tests against my local save game and local server files. Please use a test server for any orange buttons**

You don't need to download the source code or current FTP test version. (Future/new/stable test versions are stored here before full release.)

Please give feedback and thank you for helping

I might be able to do that. But what does UNC mean? Is that local singleplayer or locally hosted multiplayer? Or something else? I might just have a brain overload after hours on hours trying to learn some coding for the first time, but I just cant find any suitable things UNC might be short for :P And I'm guessing LCB is land claims?

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasimiyao View Post
    I might be able to do that. But what does UNC mean? Is that local singleplayer or locally hosted multiplayer? Or something else? I might just have a brain overload after hours on hours trying to learn some coding for the first time, but I just cant find any suitable things UNC might be short for :P And I'm guessing LCB is land claims?
    Lcb is land claims.

Yes to both; it's local or locally hosted.

UNC is a path type and some examples are like this "\\server\share\folder\seed"
    "\\192.168.1.5\share\folder\seed"
    "\\server\c$\folder\folder\seed"

A local path also works which would be
    "C:\users\me\appdata\...\seed" (minus the "...", I'm not at my computer to give a real path)

Nice! What language are you learning?

Ok, cool Thx. What does the letters UNC short for?
    The languages used to edit this game :P I think that would be C# and whatever the xml's are written in. Never coded a line in my life, so I just jumped into the dll's for adjusting inventory size first, and have just successfully (I hope) merged a few mods in with Valmods Expansion by redoing a few xml's, and fixing some bugs in a couple of the mods that I encountered. Next step is trying to make some stuff myself, not just rewriting others work.. The dll's I actually managed to do, but for some reason the serverside dll I made wont work, even tho its supposed to be the exact same things that needs edit for backpacks to work properly. And toolbeltsize, well I gave up. Code behind an enumerator stopped me. Can not find a way to edit whats behind/inside the enumerator, whatever that even is :P I know what needs changing, but that one line of code is just refusing to reveal itself..

Survivor
    It stands for universal naming convention, the counterpart is LFS which is Local File system such as c:\

I'll rename it to be less 'techno-nerd speak' and more clear that it's for single player + LAN based servers.

Your tinkering is already deeper than I've gone into the game files I don't have a solution for you but keep at it!

Survivor
    version 20170220.1 has been released for both FTP and Local. FTP has had several improvements thanks to working on the local version. The local version has had a few minor changes since the initial test release.

some of these improvements are:
    -A minor fail-safe catch was out of order. (FTP only).
    -Several XML fail-safe messages were rewritten. (FTP only).
    -The region backup directory was not properly clearing itself before downloading new files (FTP only).
    -The default Total Buffer value of "26" was wrong -- only visual and only for first-time users, it fixed itself after you click Apply and stayed correct after each following launch. (FTP and Local).
    -The update checker for local edition is now independent from FTP. (Local only).

Edit:
    20170220.2 (Local only)
    -Readme.txt has been updated.
    -The bandwidth notes on the 'region calculator' and 'bulk file' tabs have been removed from the GUI.
    -The archive path note on the bulk file tab now takes up two lines to deal with the longer local path lengths wrapping.
    *FTP is still 20170220.1
    Last edited by Sophung; 02-21-2017 at 02:42 AM.