Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Backup, archive, and clean your seeds!

Hi Sophung, a quick question regarding cleaning players since it wasn't explicit, does the cleaning function also delete their land claims? So was it intended that you would clean up old land claims then restore regions without land claims? Or does the region cleaner ignore land claims where the player has been "cleaned"? Thanks.

Survivor
    Hi 7dayguy!

The player buttons only interact with player's .ttp and .map files in the player directory. The rest of this application is unaffected by this.

The lcb buttons only interact with players.xml.

I'll give a small unrelated tip here, the lcb expiration in this app only needs to be a minimum of your game/server expiration. Meaning if your lcbs expire at 7 days then you can safely set this app to expire them at 7 or 8 or 15 or 30 but not 2. In this way you can give your players more leniency.

Also worth noting, lcb backups could help you restore a region and the expired lcbs therein.

And region buttons only interact with .7rg files but read lcbs from players.xml to decide if it should reset each region.

lcb cleanup does interact with your region file backups, cleanups and restores but not in a tangible way for the active players to notice unless you restore over a currently active region, in which you'll set back player's building and storage progress in the region.

The way it's intended is to backup fewer active regions and archive or delete more inactive regions. It indirectly impacts restores because if you're restoring from backup then you are restoring less of the world (in a bulk restore, not an individual restore).

Edit, TLDR;
    Removing expired lcbs from a region can change the way this app handles that region because the only deciding factor for activity is the existence of lcbs.

I hope I understood and answered what you're looking for. Sorry for the long answer
    Last edited by Sophung; 03-04-2017 at 04:51 PM.

Scavenger
    An excellent program, looking at the potential
    I'm having problems with the setup, help me please
    Left top - config
    Top right - view from the program
    From the bottom left - my virtual game directory
    On the right, from the bottom, the program has created directories and looks there for Players, server config, and so on.Attachment 19400

Thanks for any help

Scavenger

Need help with settings

Hello
    I need your help in setting up the program
    I attach a screenshot
    Top left - settings
    Top right - view from the program
    The bottom left is my way to ftp
    Right from the bottom - the program created this path when connecting to the FTP

Thanks in advanceAttachment 19406

Survivor
    Remove '/IP' from your FTP path, leaving only '/Saves/Random Gen/SBS-PvE'

This path is based on the root where an FTP client (like winSCP or filezilla) would default to when they connect. Bottom left illustrates this without the IP, your bottom right shows the path as a directly connected o: drive to the server itself and not through an FTP client, which I believe means you could use either edition of this tool

Edit: you can also safely delete or move any misplaced archive directories, it'll recreate them when you fix the pathing.

Thx and enjoy
    Last edited by Sophung; 03-11-2017 at 12:45 AM.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophung View Post
    Remove '/IP' from your FTP path, leaving only '/Saves/Random Gen/SBS-PvE'

This path is based on the root where an FTP client (like winSCP or filezilla) would default to when they connect. Bottom left illustrates this without the IP, your bottom right shows the path as a directly connected o: drive to the server itself and not through an FTP client, which I believe means you could use either edition of this tool

Edit: you can also safely delete or move any misplaced archive directories, it'll recreate them when you fix the pathing.

Thx and enjoy
    You did not understand
    IP I hid
    Blurted out or instead of the address used the abbreviation IP
    When connected, it shows that it does not see the settings.
    Creates its own path, exactly the same as it needs before the configuration file

For example, IP-6011 / Saves / SBS-Pve /
    The program makes the path IP-6011 / Saves / SBS-Pve / IP-6011 / Saves / SBS-Pve / BARS Archives

Survivor
    Can you show me what it looks like at the root of your server from an FTP client making the connection?

Scavenger
    Can you show me what it looks like at the root of your server from an FTP client making the connection?
    Oh sure
    The picture on the right - connected to the FTP
    On the left, the picture entered the folderAttachment 19443

Survivor
    I think the confusion here is this "o:/" drive. It's not a typical path inside a basic ftp connection, afaik. A common client should portray your root folder as "/". Can you show me what it looks like with something like winscp?

Edit: for the strange pathing on the archive folder; I'll be adding a failsafe so it won't try and create it if the path is in error. I needed to redo some things in this part anyway
    Last edited by Sophung; 03-13-2017 at 05:05 AM.

Scavenger
    I think the confusion here is this "o:/" drive. It's not a typical path inside a basic ftp connection, afaik. A common client should portray your root folder as "/". Can you show me what it looks like with something like winscp?

Edit: for the strange pathing on the archive folder; I'll be adding a failsafe so it won't try and create it if the path is in error. I needed to redo some things in this part anyway
    I connect from total commander (i using he for ftp connections)

This is my way to ftp and in saves you can see path created by programm
    Attachment 19455Attachment 19456Attachment 19457
    Last edited by Lucerat; 03-13-2017 at 07:42 AM.

Survivor
    I've carefully reviewed all of your screenshots and it looks like the picture in your original post doesn't match the 3rd picture in your latest. You're missing "/Random Gen/" in the settings tab in that original picture.

Also, I've looked through the code along with test and live servers and I'm not seeing any path duplication anywhere. One thing I did notice is this tool is case sensitive and often fails if the path isn't exact. In the original picture provided, it looks like the path changes upper/lower casing half way through. example "/SBS-PvE/" to "Sbs-pve". Perhaps this was created by accident? Note* this path does contain "/Random Gen/" so it would have happened separately from the screenshot of your config and the settings tab.

Can you delete these duplicated folders and replicate the problem?

Even if this was an accident on your side, *it's still my fault* for not having the program fault-check before attempting to create the archives. This has been fixed on my side, I plan to make a few other minor changes before publishing.

Edit: do you mind if I ask when you first started trying to use this tool? And did this tool also create this path on your server "/ip/Saves/SBS-PvE/BARC Archive" which is not under /random gen/, but next to it?

Edit 2: I installed your same version of total Commander and found my assumption about your IP in the path and o: were wrong you win!

Thanks for helping me improve this tool, and sorry it's taking so long to get you connected
    Last edited by Sophung; 03-14-2017 at 06:56 AM.

Scavenger
    I've carefully reviewed all of your screenshots and it looks like the picture in your original post doesn't match the 3rd picture in your latest. You're missing "/Random Gen/" in the settings tab in that original picture.

Also, I've looked through the code along with test and live servers and I'm not seeing any path duplication anywhere. One thing I did notice is this tool is case sensitive and often fails if the path isn't exact. In the original picture provided, it looks like the path changes upper/lower casing half way through. example "/SBS-PvE/" to "Sbs-pve". Perhaps this was created by accident? Note* this path does contain "/Random Gen/" so it would have happened separately from the screenshot of your config and the settings tab.

Can you delete these duplicated folders and replicate the problem?

Even if this was an accident on your side, *it's still my fault* for not having the program fault-check before attempting to create the archives. This has been fixed on my side, I plan to make a few other minor changes before publishing.

Edit: do you mind if I ask when you first started trying to use this tool? And did this tool also create this path on your server "/ip/Saves/SBS-PvE/BARC Archive" which is not under /random gen/, but next to it?

Edit 2: I installed your same version of total Commander and found my assumption about your IP in the path and o: were wrong you win!

Thanks for helping me improve this tool, and sorry it's taking so long to get you connected
    May be you have teamviewer? I show you from 0 to 100% connect, settings and you answer on my question - where i mistake in options
    My skype: Richardvonhell
    we can meet in skype and select time for view my big fail )))

Survivor
    It'll be hard to schedule a firm date/time. Add me on steam and I'll help you out next time we're online at the same time. My steam account is just sophung.

Thx

Tracker
    Granular chunk resetting. -Oh boy, haven't even started researching this. It's possible but probably not without help?

I've decided to create a full blown world editor for the game. For that I need to figure out how the region files work. Once I do, I'll write an open source standalone library that will be able to load region files into memory, manipulate them (via block and chunk coordinates and other human friendly ways) and save them. You could then use the dll for your own program. If you want to help me get to the bottom of this (or know someone who is also working on it) send me a PM.

P.S. I wrote a dll for reading .ttp files (look for 7DaysProfileEditor in modding tools) you could use to get per player statistics.

EDIT: I can now tell you how to delete a chunk if you know it's coordinates in the world.
    Last edited by Karlovsky120; 03-30-2017 at 10:47 AM.

Survivor
    Hi Karlovsky

Sorry it's been so long to reply.

I haven't even looked through the source code this guy posted, but this might also interest you https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...on-file-editor

BARC could easily figure out which chunks are active or inactive using the same logic it has builtin today. My reservations are safety of the actual region file; time spent to [ parse - download - edit - upload ] each region (probably at least 20 minutes of added server downtime); and how easy I could convert your method to AutoIT so that the editing is built into BARC.

If I added this, it would need to be that I find all inactive chunks and add them to an array, then sweep through the array and remove them from the region within one edit. Rather than find a chunk -> open the region -> edit -> commit/close -> repeat 1024 times per region.
    Last edited by Sophung; 04-04-2017 at 02:08 AM.