Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha 16 Q&A with Madmole: Volume 11

Cool

Hi MM.

Im new to the PC, but played a lot on PS4, I was wondering when 7dtd is complete and out of alpha, what is your goal for the games graphics and performance? Will it be similar to fallout or will it look pretty much the same as how it is now?

PS. I bought a PC just for this game. I never played a game an not got bored until i played this, so thank you and all the team for creating this epic game.
    Last edited by Roland; 02-08-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Refugee

Cool more food? :D

sup mm! I was just wondering if there will soon be either in alpha 16, or future updates, new fruit and veggie types to grow in the game. such as carrots, tomatoes, apples, lemons, strawberries, pumpkins, along with grains like rice, wheat, ect. it would not only add a ton of new foods to find and make your life in 7 days to die a little easier, it would also give you guys potential to add a lot more food recipes with all those new ingredients to use. and maybe some cows out in the wild that you can hunt for more leather and milk and stuff. so what do ya think pal?

Survivor
    Thank you MM for the wonderful game. After almost 1000 hours into it, I am still itching for more!

Question:

With the arrival of more special zombies, and the recent question of incentives to go out at night, how about we have special zombies that only appears at night with better/special loots?

Additionally they could drop rare crafting material(s)? Could it be their bones are extra strong from radiation, making it the strongest material in the game for weapons, or as a source of strong radiation power source/fuel etc?

Thanks for your time!

p/s: a special request to be able to point the spot light up and down please! I would like to be able to build a tower and have a spot light pointing directly below to see zombies at night. Or even pointing up to create a nice looking spotlight for my work of art!

Thanks! Looking forward to A16 and the eventual completion of it!

Q: how are the sleeper zombies going to be spawned in prefabs? Through a block? I am curious for if I create some prefabs in A16 and want to use sleepers.

Colony Founder
    Question
    I was wondering if there are any plans on adding some POIs to Diresville.
    Couldn't some of the houses be removed and some other POIs? The townspeople would need a grocery store to buy food, hardware store for items to fix the leaky faucet and the gas station to repair the fender bender due to a teenager looking at the cute guy/gal instead of the road. Family members who come to visit sick relatives would need somewhere to stay, a very small hotel and diner so they won't have to eat hospital food? And a gift shop that sells books and food? Please!

Refugee
    My question is, will we see some sort of smoker/ smoke house? Would be awesome to make smoked meat/ jerky which has 0% attraction when in your toolbelt or bag and possibly give +15 fullness instead of +10. But when smoking it in a smoker would cause the attraction level of the meat to be high until its fully smoked. So could give a small challenge to players. Could be like an endgame food cooker appliance. Thanks!

Refugee

Cool Beds!

I'm super excited for painting, now we can have bases on PvP servers that both look good, and are functional! (Previously you had to pick one or the other, Red Wood might look great but certainly wasn't defensible.)

I'd like to ask you about beds. Currently, King Sized Beds and Old Mattresses cost a decent amount, (20 and 10 springs respectively) but only function as "single use" spawn points. That being, once you place a bedroll down, you can never reuse a King Sized Bed or Old Mattress as a spawn point without destroying them and placing down a new one.

What do you think about these two beds remembering who placed them, and that owner being able to set that bed as their home while adjacent to it? Or at least letting player placed versions able to be picked up by wrenches instead of broken?

I'd love to have a functional fancy bed in A16 along with my nicely painted base, instead of having to put a bedroll down beside my King Sized Bed.

Thanks!

Refugee

Love your work Funpimps, couple quick questions here...

Can we have visible nicknames on online servers being seen from far IF added to a party/as a friend, this will really help to see and identify your friendly teammate easier and reduces the chances of shooting a friend. I've asked a lot of people (over 40ppl) All of them said that something like that would help a lot.

Love your work!
    Last edited by Roland; 02-08-2017 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Somebody didn't read the rules....

Refugee

Food stuffs

Hi there and thank you to you and all the crew at the TFPs for a an brilliant game. I was wondering if there could be a recipe to make further use of the metal cans.

Boiled canned water + potato or corn or egg = cooked version. This would help at the start with food until you have enough grit to raid a POI.

Cheers.

Refugee

Minibike Query

Hi Mr Mole, been playing since release on PS4 loved it so much i got a PC to play it on A15.

New to your Q and A so not sure if you answered already, but i always wondered if two players could get on the same minibike because last time i looked it said 2 seats for minibike stats, hope you can elaborate abit and shed some light please.

HurricaneKAT89.

Animations

Hi MM, love your beard...and the game too.

Q: Can you show something about the animations that the team is working on? (Like that video that you showed us of a woman running a little time ago)

Sorry for bad english!

Cheers!

Fight for your life

Hi, MM!

Have you thought about a "Fight for your life?" feature where someone can administer medicines to another player and instead of dying when your health reaches zero you can crawl somewhat and have maybe 30 seconds of time where someone could come and revive you? This would be even more useful on "dead is dead".

Explantation: When you "die" you would (let's say when you have perk that unlocks with rank 1 health nut) that you will instead fall on the ground and will have 30 seconds as "bleedout". In that time, you could crawl, but nothing else. Also, in this time, someone could run to you and help you (like in L4D). Let's say the helping would be like the person would "use" you with standart "use" key and would have to hold it for 5-6 seconds. You could take upgrade on health nut 2 or 3 to shoot from firearms, and on ranks of health nut 4 and 5 you could spend additional points into this to increase your bleedout time by 10 seconds each.
    Also, regarding this, straight to the medicaments - adrenaline. Lootable / craftable from medicine 50+ after finding blue print. If you would help someone up with adrenaline in hand, it would consume adrenaline but would decrease the channeling time to get him back on his feet by 2-3 seconds.

EDIT: Maybe adrenaline might be used on self, too? To give speed boost for a short duration?

Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Roland; 02-08-2017 at 06:31 PM.

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Will UMA animals make it easy to add cosmetic variants? For example:
    Bear + black texture = black bear
    Rabbit + white texture = snow hare
    Stag - antlers = doe
    Snake + warm texture = desert snake

Scavenger

Land claim block misuse.

Hey Madmole. Many times, you log into a server, whether it's PvP, or PvE, and one or more people have land claim blocks overused in areas they don't even have their base. In a future alpha, would it be possible to limit one claim block per person ID? The base claim size is set by server side, but could expand as you build with it, as long as it touches a wall or walls, that have been connected to something touching the original land claim space.

Refugee

Feral to Behemoth

So I was thinking about your previous video outlining the glowing eyes and eating the remains etc. I think it would be cool to have a small random chance to have a zombie that goes feral this way to mutate (a la john carpenter's "the thing") into a behemoth.

Can we do something like that?