Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 106 to 112 of 112

Thread: [01/21] Message from the Team - Patch 7 in Submission (Notes Included)

  1. #106
    Colony Founder Glimpse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    The Temple of the Great Sham 2017
    Posts
    1,734
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS101104 View Post
    @Glimpse

    Yes, but by your same logic of how limited room in storage is, then you should not be able to carry more than three or 4 stacks of bottled water then. Not to mention the fact that the debris and evaporation would also affect bottles of water as well, and not just cans. And the only way you can carry a 24 pack of bottles in each hand is if they are wrapped in cellophane, which doesn't seem like it would be readily available in a zombie apocalypse scenario. And if we are talking about storage here, then what we must consider is that 16 oz. bottles of water are larger than 8 oz. cans. Meaning, you'd be able to store even less bottles than you could cans.

    I get what you were trying to do, you're trying to apply logic to a situation that has little to do with logic. The massive storage numbers for some things like food and materials, the storage of larger than backpack size object being stored in a backpack such as wood frames or Iron or steel forged bars. Trying to apply logic to an already(and necessary) illogical system doesn't help at all, because if you apply that logic to one item such as cans it would be needed to apply the same consistent standards to other items as well. Which is why I didn't try to do that.

    I can accept that the devs applied a different standard to different items for gaming purposes, but when you begin trying to apply logic to illogical issues you create a sort of paradox. And don't get me wrong, when I say illogical I don't mean it in a derogatory manner. I'm just saying many of the storage options would violate the very concepts you are using to explain away the extreme limitations on cans.
    Yes, I was referring to cellophane wrapped packs, I do see your point. We can carry tons of steel and concrete in our packs with no problem, so my logic is indeed flawed.

  2. #107
    Reconstructionist open6l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    507
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS101104 View Post
    You would need the cooking pot and bottles of water for cooking more health sustaining foods, so no having the cans stack like the bottles wouldn't make the cooking pot or bottles useless. Nor can you make coffee and the various teas from cans of water either. Which again, required the cooking pot to do and again makes them not worthless.

    And what emergencies are you referring too? Bottles of drinking water and cooking pots are not that hard to come by if you scavenge regularly, at least on console they aren't. I've already received an answer as to whether it was a bug or not, but I am finding myself having to explain why it makes no sense to do it the way it's done when other players try to apply logic to a system that is by necessity illogical when it comes to storage. Or when people make comments like yours, asserting something that is not only factually inaccurate but easily demonstrated to be so.
    If I recall from over a year or so ago madmole stated the reason you couldn't stack cans is that they have no lid so you couldn't carry them in a stack. With bottled water you can toss a stack into a backpack. Something along those lines. The theory was based on open lid versus closed jars. Not a game limitation but more so a personal thought.

  3. #108
    Hunter Kidliquid01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    0
    I wish Claire would make these announcement posts "Read Only" because they get cluttered with people posting issues where they don't belong. I would strongly recommend doing that in the future.

  4. #109
    Ranger MJS101104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    317
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidliquid01 View Post
    I wish Claire would make these announcement posts "Read Only" because they get cluttered with people posting issues where they don't belong. I would strongly recommend doing that in the future.
    If you feel that way, and want it read only, why do you bother reading past the first post? Obviously you don't care about even "legitimate" coments asking for clarification, since a read only post would stop those as well. The only one subjecting you to the "clutter" as you call it, is you. You have the ability to exercise your free will and stop after the first post, no one has a gun to your head, demanding read the "clutter" or else.

  5. #110
    Ranger MJS101104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    317
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by open6l View Post
    If I recall from over a year or so ago madmole stated the reason you couldn't stack cans is that they have no lid so you couldn't carry them in a stack. With bottled water you can toss a stack into a backpack. Something along those lines. The theory was based on open lid versus closed jars. Not a game limitation but more so a personal thought.
    No disrespect to Madmole, but I see a flaw in that explanation as well. If cans don't stack because of a lack of lid/top, then wouldn't the same logic track dictate that even a single can can't be stored because without a lid the can's contents would spill out. Especially if it's in a backpack of someone who's running and jumping and fighting?

    I get what he's saying, but it'd be easier and make more sense if they just stated "It's how we wanted it" instead of trying to apply logic and reason a system of storage in the game that is by it's very nature an inherently illogical system. Like I said before, I can deal with it being intentional. Even if it doesn't make sense to me. In fact, I think players finding aspects of game play in any game confusing to be pretty normal and par for the course in game design.

  6. #111
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Dillinger View Post
    i bought that "other game " a while ago haven't touched it . to be fair beauty is in the eye of the beholder , and when i look at 7 days and how much it as grown i see a wonderful thing only getting better with time like an aged wine , im patient though, i don't expect you all to feel the same just stating not every one is impatient , understand that "those other games" aren't a voxel based game thus are less memory intensive and can allow smaller packets over the internet , understanding what a voxel game is and the amount of memory needed to make one run could allow you to better understand why it takes time to perfect and we'll not be seeing any major optimization until the alpha stage on PC is ending , TFP and telltale have to pay Microjocks and sony FLaystation to do regular update be impressed they pony up the cache for those on the regular .
    I understand SP is fine, playing with friends is cool but I want to be able to choose my server with quite a few people on it and be able to come back to what I was doing not restart. That other game and this game came out around the same time on the consoles, one has made big moves and one hasn't you can clearly see it.

  7. #112
    Refugee WEEZY850's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashedtaters View Post
    Still no mini bike fix? Wtf...let's take the hardest thing in the game to make, which some parts are random finds, and have it disappear...

    Solid gameplay design.

    Once your at the point of making them its not hard to get parts together, (the basket seems to be the hardest to find when you need one). I have had them stuck in blocks, ( mined all around to save it) vanish, no longer work.. so my advice would be make multiple lol.. I currently have 4 built but cant ever get auger parts to save my life.. wish I had a nice pc to play this on rather than console, since thats where the good stuff is! looking forward to future console patches..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •