Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [01/21] Message from the Team - Patch 7 in Submission (Notes Included)

[01/21] Message from the Team - Patch 7 in Submission (Notes Included)

Hi all,

Patch 7 has gone into submission with Sony and Microsoft. Below is the patch notes sent on by the team for that patch.
    Any *Notes* below only reference the fix directly above them unless otherwise stated.

The usual bit...
    -Please do not post bug reports etc below. This thread is for the discussion of the patch ONLY. There is a section for bug reporting.
    -No I do not have further info on A15 features or updates on MD5 and Multiplayer issues. When I have those updates they will get their own post.

Clare

-------------------------------

7 Days to Die [Console]
    Release Notes
    Patch 7.0
    PS4 Version 1.10
    XB1 Version 1.0.10.0

Hey all! Patch 7 is just around the corner and we’ve got quite a few fixes and improvements in store. Check out the preview list below:

Signs

* Player signs are player customizable blocks in the game. They allow users to type custom messages for all other players to see. Similar to secure crates, they have the capability to be locked, unlocked, and have a passcode applied
    o *Note* Signs will only be editable in online multiplayer and single player games because the virtual keyboard is disabled in local multiplayer

Gameplay

* Fixed an issue that would prevent horde difficulty from adjusting correctly for parties with multiple players close together

* Fixed an issue that prevented mushrooms from spawning in caves on Random Gen worlds

* Fixed an issue that would sometimes stop interaction prompts from appearing when the player would die with a crossbow equipped and then respawn

* Fixed an issue that would cause Air Drops to disappear when a host re-entered a game

* Fixed an issue that would cause using a wrench on a Shopping Basket to yield 2 Shopping Baskets

* Fixed a bug that allowed the item “Banditgloves” to be obtainable in game

* Fixed an exploit that allowed pressure plates to be destroyed for more resources than it took to make them

Art/Audio

* Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 5 that caused the grass to be greener than it used to be

* Fixed an issue where the sound effect for closing a container was playing when a container was opened

System/Stability

* Fixed a crash that would occur if player 1 would quit the game right after player 2 selected a character

* Fixed a crash that would occur when joining a game from the console main menu after booting it up from sleep mode

* Fixed an issue that would occasionally result in the corruption of player save data, resetting character data, and wiping inventory.
    o Note: This fix will only prevent the issue from occurring in the future. It will not fix saved games that have been impacted by this bug up to this point.

* Fixed an issue where, if the player fell far enough out of world, it would corrupt the save game

* Fixed an issue that would cause an unresponsive state when a wireless controller was reconnected while the game was loading up

* Fixed an issue that allowed the player to pull up the virtual keyboard in split screen local multiplayer

Thank you for all your continuing support! We appreciate how involved you are with this game and this community.

-----

Update from team - Signs will appear in current saves, Mushrooms will appear in current saves but only in unexplored/unsaved cave areas.
    Last edited by Clare; 01-23-2017 at 03:28 PM.

Refugee

Thank you

I just wanted to say thank you Clare for keeping us up to date as much as you can with patch releases. I know a lot of community people are harsh on you, are harsh on TFP,and on Iron Galaxy for the console side of things But there are a lot of us who also understand you can't just tell us everything we want to know. You have to follow certain rules and guide lines. Thank you for your hard work and patience with this community

Ah man, there was a way for us to get Bandit gloves? I'm kinda surprised they haven't added snowberries yet, seeing as how the plant that yields them has been in the game for a while now. To Clare and the rest of the team: keep up the great work!
    Last edited by K-Lude; 01-21-2017 at 01:27 PM.

Refugee

Health and others

These are great fixes but I have been having the issue now as has other players with our drinking will be at 100 percent then it will rapid fall for no reason to 0 and no matter how much water you drink it doesn't move and ur bottles disappear and you die. This has also happened with health packs. Also after a player shoots one bullet it sounds like he is unloading mass amounts of ammo even after he stops but the sound effect don't. Been having issues with that and the kicking is off game completely to Sony menu this has happened a massive amount of times. Love the game but that last one is starting to get old.

Tracker
    Somewhere between this biome and that one over there
    Signs!!! Woot woot. Keep up the hard work to all involved. K-lude the only place i saw bandit gloves were available was creatibe mode. And really.... 3 posts in someones talking about bugs -_-

Missed it again. Why on a saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by skippy0330 View Post
    Missed it again. Why on a saturday!
    Sorry it was submitted while I was asleep >_< so I ended up posting today....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by K-Lude View Post
    Ah man, there was a way for us to get Bandit gloves? I'm kinda surprised they haven't added snowberries yet, seeing as how the plant that yields them has been in the game for a while now. To Clare and the rest of the team: keep up the great work!
    They showed up in the creative menu under BANDITGLOVES (you can still see em there before the patch release) but they don't have an icon and trying to wear them bugs out the character slot and can erase what you're already wearing...so...I mean you can look at em but I don't recommend it =)

- - - Updated - - -

jkwampner, please see this quote, from the main post:

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    The usual bit...
    -Please do not post bug reports etc below. This thread is for the discussion of the patch ONLY. There is a section for bug reporting.
    -No I do not have further info on A15 features or updates on MD5 and Multiplayer issues. When I have those updates they will get their own post.
    If you post your issue in the Console Bug Reports section I'll be happy to help. (keep in mind it'll be when I'm back in the office on Monday)

Refugee

Lightbulb Draw distance

Any upcoming plans to increase the draw distance on the console versions, hunting is a bit challenging when you can only see about half as far as the PC, also, when the game kicks and the player is on a minibike, after reloading, the minibike vanishes.

We used ot have similar performance from 7 days on A14, we still hunted fine. the performance boost on a15 doesn't make hunting easier, since the landscape is now quite hilly and hard to get a clean shot. console can only push so much, this game already maxes it out.

Minibikes. get used to it, they've never worked right since day 1. they are an entity, entity get misplaced when loading the chunks back in. (see: minecraft)

Colony Founder
    Brilliant! Looking forward to it already. Thank you!

Tracker
    Awesome news I like the signs being implemented in not quite the game changer I was hoping for but nonetheless its a feature and ine I was looking forward to. Thank you Clare and the development team for all ur hard work and the game keeps getting better n better for both console and PC.
    It's so weird I was just thinking last night at work that we were due any day for an update and I wake up this morning and Boom there it is ha ha yea. Still would love to be able to use my AK47 without the sound loop if it firing maybe next month huh?

Refugee

Corruption

Where is a fix for not being able to place a block or anything. In one of my single player world's I just started s couple of days ago my plan was to destroy the city at 0/0. When I started to take buildings and other objects out there started to come point in the map where when I would place a block like a wood frame or anything else it would just break. I have hundred of spots in my world that I can't place a block. This is on ps4 with the latest update.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowolf420 View Post
    Signs!!! Woot woot. Keep up the hard work to all involved. K-lude the only place i saw bandit gloves were available was creatibe mode. And really.... 3 posts in someones talking about bugs -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    They showed up in the creative menu under BANDITGLOVES (you can still see em there before the patch release) but they don't have an icon and trying to wear them bugs out the character slot and can erase what you're already wearing...so...I mean you can look at em but I don't recommend it =)
    Ohhhhh, ok. I haven't yet tried creative mode on the console. So if they're in the game, but bugged, I wonder if that means that we'll be getting them sooner rather than later... Unless it was extra coding that was accidentally overlooked while IG was porting over some other coding from the pc? I have no clue how that works though, just thinking out loud LoL. Only time will tell I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey101011 View Post
    Where is a fix for not being able to place a block or anything. In one of my single player world's I just started s couple of days ago my plan was to destroy the city at 0/0. When I started to take buildings and other objects out there started to come point in the map where when I would place a block like a wood frame or anything else it would just break. I have hundred of spots in my world that I can't place a block. This is on ps4 with the latest update.
    If you're having trouble placing blocks in certain areas, it's most likely caused by SI instability... If the ground underneath the blocks on the surface don't go all the way down to bedrock, it'll cause blocks you place to break as soon as they are put down.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey101011 View Post

why dont you read the post properly and not post a bug in this section like clare says post your bugs in the bug section this post is just for talking about the new update