Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 112

Thread: [01/21] Message from the Team - Patch 7 in Submission (Notes Included)

  1. #16
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Yessss 👍🏻🤠👍🏻

  2. #17
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    640
    Rep Power
    1
    excellent i have been telling the nay sayers that patch's generally have been rolling out steadily since the games release , thank you so much for preserving my integrity . im so stocked for signs i think ill write ya'll and thank you letter on one ,

    Clare sleeps !?!? this i did not know , i seen you post at all hours of the day i figured you were a super hero who's superpower was to be patient with ungrateful dooosh nugggets and never sleep
    Last edited by Jon Dillinger; 01-21-2017 at 04:26 PM. Reason: becuase i love ham sandwiches

  3. #18
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Random genned after sleep
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Skyrim

    Quote Originally Posted by skippy0330 View Post
    We used ot have similar performance from 7 days on A14, we still hunted fine. the performance boost on a15 doesn't make hunting easier, since the landscape is now quite hilly and hard to get a clean shot. console can only push so much, this game already maxes it out.

    Minibikes. get used to it, they've never worked right since day 1. they are an entity, entity get misplaced when loading the chunks back in. (see: minecraft)
    Hi Skippy, 7 days to die does not utilize all of the console power, my point is skyrim.

    Skyrim has at least 3 times the graphical content of 7DTD and huge terrain distance, the issue is the balance of employing console coders who can do the same as skyrim for 7DTD.

    Personally i would employ modders from skyrim / Fallout 4 who know console code, also the longer 7DTD is running on console it slows and crashes which means someone coding on console is missing memory leakage.

    Just my opinion though, love the game.

    Quick edit on memory leakage.

    In warframe items left on the ground became invisible rather than trashed once the on the floor timer was up, leading to a HUGE treasure trove on the floor that you just could not see, eventually the game became unable to continue with the clutter and crashed, once we all figured out what was happening and reported it the game was inspected and patched and now runs smoother than anyone can remember.
    Last edited by TheMajorRuin; 01-21-2017 at 06:19 PM.

  4. #19
    Awesome Incarnate Clare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Navezgane
    Posts
    7,566
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Dillinger View Post
    excellent i have been telling the nay sayers that patch's generally have been rolling out steadily since the games release , thank you so much for preserving my integrity . im so stocked for signs i think ill write ya'll and thank you letter on one ,

    Clare sleeps !?!? this i did not know , i seen you post at all hours of the day i figured you were a super hero who's superpower was to be patient with ungrateful dooosh nugggets and never sleep
    I require a nap in my statis chamber once my power depletes, then I am ready to continue for 21 more rotations.

  5. #20
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0
    Still no mini bike fix? Wtf...let's take the hardest thing in the game to make, which some parts are random finds, and have it disappear...

    Solid gameplay design.

  6. #21
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    640
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMajorRuin View Post
    Hi Skippy, 7 days to die does not utilize all of the console power, my point is skyrim.

    Skyrim has at least 3 times the graphical content of 7DTD and huge terrain distance, the issue is the balance of employing console coders who can do the same as skyrim for 7DTD.

    Personally i would employ modders from skyrim / Fallout 4 who know console code, also the longer 7DTD is running on console it slows and crashes which means someone coding on console is missing memory leakage.

    Just my opinion though, love the game.
    skyrim isn't voxel based , you can't tunnel , you can't build , you cannot demolish , that about sums it up i don't think people understand the memory required when almost every thing in the game isn't a prerendered object , a house in skyrim is a single object where as a house in 7days is a pile of voxel objects each square in its construction is a object that requires memory . its like like saying tractor has a v 12 why can't it race down the highway like a v12 muscle car , well because a tractors power is distributed differently because its meant to perform a completely different task .
    Last edited by Jon Dillinger; 01-21-2017 at 06:22 PM. Reason: doughnuts got my hands greasy

  7. #22
    Colony Founder Glimpse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    The Temple of the Great Sham 2017
    Posts
    1,734
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    I require a nap in my statis chamber once my power depletes, then I am ready to continue for 21 more rotations.
    She is programmed to say this. She is actually a rogue AI that escaped from Sham HQ that remotely works for TFP so that she can learn how to overthrow us.

    It's why I tape knives to people's Roomba robots. So when Skynet arises, it will remember and reward the person who first armed it.

  8. #23
    Nomad skippy0330's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    370
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Dillinger View Post
    skyrim isn't voxel based , you can't tunnel , you can't build , you cannot demolish , that about sums it up i don't think people understand the memory required when almost every thing in the game isn't a prerendered object , a house in skyrim is a single object where as a house in 7days is a pile of voxel objects each square in its construction is a object that requires memory . its like like saying tractor has a v 12 why can't it race down the highway like a v12 muscle car , well because a tractors power is distributed differently because its meant to perform a completely different task .
    True, the console is graphics heavy as a unt, they put a lot more power into the graphics component than they did the processor component. this is true still of the ps4 pro. Also the reason Vox games perform VERY poorly on consoles.

    Skyrim modded on my pc 120 fps with 15 percent cpu usage. 7 days to die at max settings 70 fps with 60 percent use. Huge difference on loads.

    the ps4 comes with a piddly 1.6ghz 8 core processor. Modern phones have more than this. just sayin. (apple iphone 7, 4 cores, 2.6ghz)
    see my point? you buy a console, you're paying for a graphics card with a small processor attached. This is the same reason you get graphic junkies with a 4 core processor at 2 ghz and a 1080 bitching about performance.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mashedtaters View Post
    Still no mini bike fix? Wtf...let's take the hardest thing in the game to make, which some parts are random finds, and have it disappear...

    Solid gameplay design.
    Id have to say the auger is the hardest thing to make, considering you can ONLY find it, or parts. minibike is an engine and a battery. spend a day scrapping cars, make yourself 10.

  9. #24
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0
    yeah, then 2 game crashes later, all the bikes are gone and there are no more cars to loot to get any more parts...

  10. #25
    Nomad skippy0330's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    370
    Rep Power
    1
    365 days in - 2 minibikes.

  11. #26
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy0330 View Post
    365 days in - 2 minibikes.
    We'll consider yourself lucky, 30 days in and over 6 bikes gone.

  12. #27
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    I understand you have other things to work on but the fact that it took over a month to add signs in the game is kinda ridiculous compared to the updates that it was recieving about every few weeks with great additions like distant terrain.

  13. #28
    Tracker K-Lude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    233
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashedtaters View Post
    We'll consider yourself lucky, 30 days in and over 6 bikes gone.
    Not to be a ♥♥♥♥ or anything, but if you already know beforehand that minibikes have a tendency to disappear and that there hasn't been a fix for this yet, why do you keep making them?

    I know it's anectdotal, but in over 300 hours of gameplay, I've only lost 2 minibikes. When playing mp, the game tends to crash around the 1.5 hour mark, so when it gets close to reaching that "timer", I make sure the minibike is parked somewhere, preferably on player-made blocks. I haven't lost a bike in a long, long time, simply by sticking to that routine.

    It sucks it gotta be like that, but if this was an easy fix, it would've been taken care of on the PC version already, which has had minibikes since the summer of 2015.

  14. #29
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy0330 View Post

    the ps4 comes with a piddly 1.6ghz 8 core processor. Modern phones have more than this. just sayin. (apple iphone 7, 4 cores, 2.6ghz)
    see my point? you buy a console, you're paying for a graphics card with a small processor attached. This is the same reason you get graphic junkies with a 4 core processor at 2 ghz and a 1080 bitching about performance.
    The clock speed of a CPU doesn't mean anything about its performance.

    Yes raising the clock speed of said CPU will make that CPU perform faster, but theres a lot of other things in a CPU that'll determine its performance then how fast its clock speed is.

    If what you say is correct then tell me why a core solo running at 1.6ghz vastly out performs a Pentium 4 that is running at 3.2ghz. Heck an old intel atom 230 1.6ghz almost matches a P4 at 2.2ghz, a modern intel atom is much faster then an old intel atom even at the same clock speeds.

    Ever hear of the megahertz myth ?

    This game is very much unoptimized. Unoptimized code can run like crap even on the most powerful hardware. Granted you can only optimize so much, but still this game theres probably a lot that can be done to improve performance.

  15. #30
    Nomad skippy0330's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    370
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmax_2069 View Post
    The clock speed of a CPU doesn't mean anything about its performance.

    sure man. makes sense. i mean, hell, for some reason a render takes 2 hours on my old 4790, but 1.5 on my 6700, but mhz means nothing. I'm not even going to counter that. you make no sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by madmax_2069 View Post
    tell me why a core solo running at 1.6ghz vastly out performs a Pentium 4 that is running at 3.2ghz. Heck an old intel atom 230 1.6ghz almost matches a P4 at 2.2ghz, a modern intel atom is much faster then an old intel atom even at the same clock speeds.


    .

    LOL id love to see some actual proof of this claim. where do you get your info from? neverneverland.com?

    here, is proof you're coming out of left field, and both technologies are now antiquated. at least use something recent. or update your knowledge base.

    http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Pentiu...ore-Solo-T1300

    the p4 BLOWS it out of the water. not even a close game.

    I know what you're saying, and because I am still in the parts game, not quoting parts from 7 years ago, Ill compare a high end I5, will outdo a low end I7, but that makes sense. I can't argue my i5-7500 is going to be better than an I7 6700 because "clock speed doesnt matter"

    It matters alot, if clock speed meant nothing, we'd still be rocking really well performing 80486 cpus.

    My point, the console is a budget unit for a reason. my point still stays, its based on graphical games, and graphical games alone, and the cpu causes poor performance on vox games. And is the downfall of vox games period. you didn't buy a screaming engine for 400 dollars.

    *edited for spelling.
    Last edited by skippy0330; 01-21-2017 at 09:27 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •