Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 112

Thread: [01/21] Message from the Team - Patch 7 in Submission (Notes Included)

  1. #31
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Random genned after sleep
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Dillinger View Post
    skyrim isn't voxel based , you can't tunnel , you can't build , you cannot demolish , that about sums it up i don't think people understand the memory required when almost every thing in the game isn't a prerendered object , a house in skyrim is a single object where as a house in 7days is a pile of voxel objects each square in its construction is a object that requires memory . its like like saying tractor has a v 12 why can't it race down the highway like a v12 muscle car , well because a tractors power is distributed differently because its meant to perform a completely different task .
    True but on console everything is rendered in sections thats why we see through the map in tunnels and loading into a new section takes so long.

    Skyrim is real time all over the map.

    In my opinion my previous comment still stands, its not a graphics issue its a coding issue, if it was a graphics issue then updates would be almost useless as hardware is the problem not the coding.

  2. #32
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    16,322
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodStone368 View Post
    I understand you have other things to work on but the fact that it took over a month to add signs in the game is kinda ridiculous compared to the updates that it was recieving about every few weeks with great additions like distant terrain.
    You need to understand the difference between the PC version and the console version. The PC version is an alpha version meaning incomplete and WIP features are put in for the purposes of testing and refining. The console version is not. The features that go in need to be final or near final. The developers are not using the console version to test things out and they certainly want to keep updates to a minimum since it costs them money every time they do one. So sending out Traders version 1 and then resending Traders version 2 and then resending Traders version 3 is counter-productive. It is better to work out all the kinks and balance issues and get the Traders in their final release-worthy form before porting them over.

    Frankly, I'm surprised the consoles got distant terrain in its current form before distant POIs and trees are integrated into it.

    The signs are a fine feature and one that was clammored for over the last 2+ years. They're a big deal and a great quality of life addition and a finished feature.

    Full parity with the computer version will not happen until well after the computer version has been officially released. So...probably not this year at all to be honest.

  3. #33
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy0330 View Post
    sure man. makes sense. i mean, hell, for some reason a render takes 2 hours on my old 4790, but 1.5 on my 6700, but mhz means nothing. I'm not even going to counter that. you make no sense.




    LOL id love to see some actual proof of this claim. where do you get your info from? neverneverland.com?


    http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Pentiu...ore-Solo-T1300

    the p4 BLOWS it out of the water. not even a close game.

    Im talking about clock for clock dude, but whatever

  4. #34
    Ranger
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    1
    YAY! SIGNS! Maybe now I can actually find my specific items. No seriously it gets redicules with how many boxes I have to look through in order to find 1 thing. So yay signs!

    Now if only we could get the other farming tweaks and new construction blocks.

  5. #35
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0
    All they are adding is signs from alpha 15 what a crock of ♥♥♥♥. How hard is it to make mushroom seeds and all the other seeds an clothing items we don't have ???

  6. #36
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    1,948
    Rep Power
    1
    because THEY DO NOT MAKE THE CONSOLE VERSION!! iron galaxy does.

  7. #37
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0
    And I didn't see the healing items and antibiotics get fixed either

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by davethebakerx2 View Post
    because THEY DO NOT MAKE THE CONSOLE VERSION!! iron galaxy does.
    I just don't see making seeds or clothing items being a big deal after distant terrain and the crap horde system

  8. #38
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    1,948
    Rep Power
    1
    the fun pimps don't make the console version. iron galaxy does

  9. #39
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashedtaters View Post
    We'll consider yourself lucky, 30 days in and over 6 bikes gone.
    What system do u play on I play on ps4 and I haven't had a crash in a month or longer and I haven't had a crash that caused my mini bike to disappear since maybe late October and I play 8+ hours a day. And I haven't ever just had my minibike disappear while playing and I've played the game since the day it came out on console but I do make two or three minibikes and keep them in case it happens. Since it has happened during a crash a couple times
    Last edited by Maggot_8741; 01-21-2017 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Auto correct crap

  10. #40
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0
    I KNOW. I'm just speaking in thought of I wonder why they can put a sign in and not a seed or a cowboy boot. And Xbox players probably can't even use the signs. They couldn't use the letters before could they.

  11. #41
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    1,948
    Rep Power
    1
    they onlh do what iron galaxy tells them to do. talk to iron galaxy if you want something

  12. #42
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    0
    as he said they are waiting till everything is in a release state on the pc(not a work in progress like most things) so they can save money. sucks but it means when you get stuff it'll be done and not changed a million times

  13. #43
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    640
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMajorRuin View Post
    True but on console everything is rendered in sections thats why we see through the map in tunnels and loading into a new section takes so long.

    Skyrim is real time all over the map.

    In my opinion my previous comment still stands, its not a graphics issue its a coding issue, if it was a graphics issue then updates would be almost useless as hardware is the problem not the coding.
    TBH i don't think you get it :example in skyrim a group of trees can be one single object where as in 7 days each tree is a single object, in skyrim the map is never subject to changes made by the player where as in 7 days what once was a hill can be flattened or turned into a valley so the game has to place a sector grid with an object tag in each grid square and remember what changes have been made to the object tag in that sector that uses a lot of memory, memory skyrim doesn't need to use and can allocate to a further rendering distance , or higher quality texture ,not only that but most building in skyrim have a interior that is rendered separately form the outside (thats done to save memory ) in 7 days the interior is rendered along with the exterior this takes massive amounts of memory 7 days is basically minecraft on roids now would you compare mine craft to skyrim .... i doubt it . i get your point but neither of us really knows how to program but i do know a lot about memory allocation , i can tell you with certainty that 7 days uses more memory per virtual cubic foot that skyrim . hence why its clearly depicted as a voxel based game and can only really be compared to other voxel based games
    Last edited by Jon Dillinger; 01-23-2017 at 02:12 AM. Reason: i ate brownies

  14. #44
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Mushrooms

    Hi Fun Pimps, hi Clare,
    Thank you for working on 7d2d continously. Its the only game im spending hours and hours without getting too bored on ps4. My question is simple... do we have to start a new random gen world to get the mushrooms?

  15. #45
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    You need to understand the difference between the PC version and the console version. The PC version is an alpha version meaning incomplete and WIP features are put in for the purposes of testing and refining. The console version is not. The features that go in need to be final or near final. The developers are not using the console version to test things out and they certainly want to keep updates to a minimum since it costs them money every time they do one. So sending out Traders version 1 and then resending Traders version 2 and then resending Traders version 3 is counter-productive. It is better to work out all the kinks and balance issues and get the Traders in their final release-worthy form before porting them over.

    Frankly, I'm surprised the consoles got distant terrain in its current form before distant POIs and trees are integrated into it.

    The signs are a fine feature and one that was clammored for over the last 2+ years. They're a big deal and a great quality of life addition and a finished feature.

    Full parity with the computer version will not happen until well after the computer version has been officially released. So...probably not this year at all to be honest.
    Thank you for this level headed post.

    I've been playing the console version exclusively for about 2 months and also soaking up as much 7D2D content as I can (huge fan skippy). I hope more console players can understand that the PC and console version are not performing on the same platform and should be grateful we're even included in this stage of development. I, for one, wouldn't even mind role-backs if necessary, I just want to continue to see this game grow because I've honestly put more hours and had more fun in this game than any in a long time.

    Very excited for the update, thank you guys for all the work you put in. Looking forward to see what else is implemented in the PC version and beyond!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •