Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: [01/24] Message from the Team - Patch 7 LIVE at 12pm PST Today!

Scavenger

Waw

3/4 of them comments are off topic including mine😆

Refugee

Player limit

I'm not sure if I ask here or not new to the form thing but what is the limit on ps4 players in a lobby?

Scavenger
    Is anything being done about the the signs not working or working then not working. The only actual add on in this patch and some people can't even use them.

The main purpose of this thread is to announce the patch notes and allow those who need clarification on the notes to be able to ask Claire and get those answers. Posting bug reports and ranting about what is not in the patch notes is off-topic for this particular thread. There is plenty of space in General Discussions to express your criticism of the game and sing your swan song of uninstalling 7 Days to Die if that makes the experience more cathartic for you.

From what I can tell most people understand at this point what the patch notes mean and what exactly is in this latest patch so there is no more reason for this thread to remain open. I can tell that many console gamers do not fully understand the nature of a voxel game vs a static world game so I will end this thread with a little bit of education so that you know what to expect going forward.

1) If a patch alters terrain blocks you will almost always have to restart with a new game.

2) If a patch does not require a restart but there are new world features you will not be able to experience those new things unless you travel to previously unexplored areas or start a fresh game.

3) Voxel games will never be able to compete graphically with static world games. 7 Days to Die is actually a state of the art cutting edge example of graphics that push the envelope--for a voxel game.

These three facts are inherent to voxel games. They are the other side of the coin. We love voxels because of the fun and unique benefits they provide in a game such as this but we hate voxels because of the graphical limitations and the fact that they make restarts necessary when changes to the voxels occur after updates.

You will be much happier if you embrace the restart and stop comparing the graphics of this game to other contemporary but nonvoxel games. PC players have been restarting frequently for the last three years. If you give it a chance restarting will grow on you and if you focus on the mind blowingly addictive gameplay then you'll feel more forgiving of the graphics.
    Last edited by Roland; 01-29-2017 at 08:45 AM.