Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: everything deleted, everything.

  1. #1
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    washington where we dont tan we rust
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0

    everything deleted, everything.

    so can we make it so we can save on our own harddrive so we can at least recover it? after spending 48 hours of gameplay for the game to crash and delete everything i had i want my money back. this isnt the first time and it really sucks. thats a lot of time wasted. the game is great and all if it werent for this to keep happening. so yeah i want my money back. thank you.

  2. #2
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    1,948
    Rep Power
    1
    sounds like you got your money's worth to me. you can't save games to your hard drive because thats how people cheat.

  3. #3
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,679
    Rep Power
    1
    There is a known issue with terrain rewrites. They are working on a fix but need as much information as possible. This link takes you to the appropriate thread int he bugs section. https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...rain-Rewriting

    I know this is frustrating but as the issue doesn't affect everyone, the devs need your details so they can try to recreate the problem, then they can fix it. Please would you add your details to the thread, including what console you play on, the settings for your world, whether you are the host or not, what day you were on when it happened and what you were doing before the reset occurred. It really will help.

  4. #4
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    washington where we dont tan we rust
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by davethebakerx2 View Post
    sounds like you got your money's worth to me. you can't save games to your hard drive because thats how people cheat.
    how is that getting your moneys worth when you spend all that time just for your stuff and all that to disappear. and it was 84 hrs. not 48. i dont want to cheat i just would like for my stuff to be there after getting kicked.

  5. #5
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    washington where we dont tan we rust
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Damselx1 View Post
    There is a known issue with terrain rewrites. They are working on a fix but need as much information as possible. This link takes you to the appropriate thread int he bugs section. https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...rain-Rewriting

    I know this is frustrating but as the issue doesn't affect everyone, the devs need your details so they can try to recreate the problem, then they can fix it. Please would you add your details to the thread, including what console you play on, the settings for your world, whether you are the host or not, what day you were on when it happened and what you were doing before the reset occurred. It really will help.
    okay thank you.

  6. #6
    Tracker Powered_By_Poi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by terrydt69 View Post
    so can we make it so we can save on our own harddrive so we can at least recover it? after spending 48 hours of gameplay for the game to crash and delete everything i had i want my money back. this isnt the first time and it really sucks. thats a lot of time wasted. the game is great and all if it werent for this to keep happening. so yeah i want my money back. thank you.
    hello terry, im sorry you found the MD5 error. i would recommend you always make a backup save through the cloud. this can help you in making loosing the world a little easier to cope with should you encounter the error again.

    also, even though it is talked about often here, the MD5 error is pretty rare. i myself have had 4 games going now, 3 of them past day 70 and have never once had the MD5 error. *knocking on wood here*

    i would encourage you to not give up and give it another try. sometimes these things can be very annoying, and wasting time is one of the big ones for me. but knowing what i know about this game, it will get better over time. remember, this game is still in alpha phase and we as a community much stick together to help out this team of people to make sure they can deliver an awesome experience to us.

    but we wont be able to get anywhere if we give up after the first large setback.

    i will include a link to another part of the forum where we post seeking people to help us. perhaps you can find another user who is willing to spend time with you and get you back to the point that you were at before the crash. i hope it helps.

    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...We-Can-Rebuild!!

  7. #7
    Ranger DoucheVader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    279
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by terrydt69 View Post
    so can we make it so we can save on our own harddrive so we can at least recover it? after spending 48 hours of gameplay for the game to crash and delete everything i had i want my money back. this isnt the first time and it really sucks. thats a lot of time wasted. the game is great and all if it werent for this to keep happening. so yeah i want my money back. thank you.
    The game isn't feature complete. While it's not an alpha or beta on the console it is not in its final state. On PS4 you can back up all saves to your USB drive. I suggest doing that OFTEN! -- IN ANY BUILDING GAME!!!

  8. #8
    Tracker Static_Shadow(PSN)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Running though the woods with a crossbow
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    1
    i hear this complaint a lot and conciser myself extremely lucky, after hundreds of playing hours and across a few servers, ive only had the MD5 hit me once and it was on an auxiliary base so the loss was minimal, however i noticed that server was a little buggy from day one, just odd tiny glitches and bugs here and there, not enough to annoy me, just enough to be notice. im wondering tho if theres any connection between the MD5 error and the world seed itself, for example map name SparkyDuck is more prone to the error than PurpleNotebook, that maybe something in the world generation itself makes its more susceptible to the reset? im not sure though... just a thought im throwing out there...

  9. #9
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    639
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Static_Shadow(PSN) View Post
    i hear this complaint a lot and conciser myself extremely lucky, after hundreds of playing hours and across a few servers, ive only had the MD5 hit me once and it was on an auxiliary base so the loss was minimal, however i noticed that server was a little buggy from day one, just odd tiny glitches and bugs here and there, not enough to annoy me, just enough to be notice. im wondering tho if theres any connection between the MD5 error and the world seed itself, for example map name SparkyDuck is more prone to the error than PurpleNotebook, that maybe something in the world generation itself makes its more susceptible to the reset? im not sure though... just a thought im throwing out there...

    i ask my self the same question whether certain map seeds are more prone to the MD5 cause i have had it hit me 4 time now but only on my WnJ seed map though one time i had a glitch where my containers where still in my base but they read secured un-searched , and acted as if there where locked , so i smashed them and they said unsecured un-searched and low and behold they where empty this happened long ago though before i signed up for the forums and haven't had the issue since

  10. #10
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    washington where we dont tan we rust
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0
    well since my first post i've lost my stuff probably 5 more times and on one map it lags out so bad i can't even play it anymore. but i will keep on trudging for im a fighter not a quitter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •