Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [TUT] GUI's and You - Elements/Design/Positioning/Building/Implementation

Quote Originally Posted by xXC.H.U.DXx View Post
    I love this Post
    hahahaha, thanks. I assume you found something of use.

Refugee
    Good stuff, good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DUST2DEATH View Post
    hahahaha, thanks. I assume you found something of use.
    I did..then somebody Beat me to it (made the same UI i wanted to build) so now im Building a different looking one

---------------------BeatKidz if you see this,your Inbox is full---------------------------------

Yeah.....Funny part is i was told about this line also that i had to do it in C#

<property name="AITask-1" value="Follow" param1="EntityPlayer" />

but i just looked it up on a another Unity Game and it worked...lucky me it was the same one that could be used here

What would the Command be?
    give me an idea of what it would look like

Hey Love your work on this guide, exactly what I need as I am trying to merge some mods and ui parts and stuff atm. I have a question tho. The text that pops up over the toolbelt telling you that you gained a lvl, gained/lost wellness and so on, what is that called? And is that in the windows.xml only, or need any other file editing aswell? If that kind of text even is part of the ui in a way that can easily be changed. I would just like to move it a few pixels up, as it gets halfway blocked by the toolbelt the way I have the ui set up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasimiyao View Post
    Hey Love your work on this guide, exactly what I need as I am trying to merge some mods and ui parts and stuff atm. I have a question tho. The text that pops up over the toolbelt telling you that you gained a lvl, gained/lost wellness and so on, what is that called? And is that in the windows.xml only, or need any other file editing aswell? If that kind of text even is part of the ui in a way that can easily be changed. I would just like to move it a few pixels up, as it gets halfway blocked by the toolbelt the way I have the ui set up now.
    To remove the text entirely you need to edit the dll.
    You can edit the localization files to remove the text lines also.

From Carmudgeon:

an example, to remove all the buff info above the tool belt do a find and replace all of:

Find What: Tooltip,buffs,Buff,,.*,,

Replace with: Tooltip,buffs,Buff,,,,

use the RegEx function in Notepad++ and make sure the .matches newline option is unticked
    Alternatively,
    in XUI.xml you can adjust the scale to something closer to 1:1. try 1.200 as it will give you more usable screen space.
    Code:
    <ruleset name="default" scale="1.200" stackpanel_scale="1.05">

To remove the text entirely you need to edit the dll.
    You can edit the localization files to remove the text lines also.

From Carmudgeon:

Alternatively,
    in XUI.xml you can adjust the scale to something closer to 1:1. try 1.200 as it will give you more usable screen space.
    Code:
    <ruleset name="default" scale="1.200" stackpanel_scale="1.05">
    First of all thx for helping. But I dont want to remove the text. So I guess there is no way too move the text a little bit upwards? even if I increase the scale, the text is still halfway blocked. I can reduce the scale tho, but that kinda defeats the purpose

First of all thx for helping. But I dont want to remove the text. So I guess there is no way too move the text a little bit upwards? even if I increase the scale, the text is still halfway blocked. I can reduce the scale tho, but that kinda defeats the purpose
    scale="1.000" is 1:1 pixels if you are working in photoshop.

Anything else is "zoomed in".

scale="1.000" is 1:1 pixels if you are working in photoshop.

Anything else is "zoomed in".
    Never thought of it that way. Good point. But, I did test changing scaling before asking about moving the text, and everything scales, including the text. So unless I make it way smaller, the text will be hidden somewhat. It's not a big issue, it just bugs me that it looks wrong

Never thought of it that way. Good point. But, I did test changing scaling before asking about moving the text, and everything scales, including the text. So unless I make it way smaller, the text will be hidden somewhat. It's not a big issue, it just bugs me that it looks wrong
    how big is whatever you are working on?

You gain a significant gap between the top of the toolbelt and the bottom of the text at 1.000, but yes, everything scales.
    Otherwise the only way to achieve what you want is to edit the dll.

Refugee

Simple GUI changes

Hi I was hoping you could help me with a couple of questions I have.

I currently have food/water bars to the right of my health/stamina which I like; however, I would like to have just the sprite with a % instead of an entire bar. Would you be able to kind of point me in the right direction of doing so?

I would also like to have some similar sprites like elevation and map coordinates at the top near the compass. Would this be as simple as copying the code for the health/stamina making changes to loose the bars and use the appropriate calls for things like elevation and then finding and inputting the right coordinates?

Love your work, Thanks

how big is whatever you are working on?

You gain a significant gap between the top of the toolbelt and the bottom of the text at 1.000, but yes, everything scales.
    Otherwise the only way to achieve what you want is to edit the dll.
    Ok, thx for the help. I have barely learned how to edit a dll file, and just some basics, so might not do that yet.. But what dll would that be, incase I wanna try? Not working on anything in specific now. Just using your ui with the Valmod fix. And btw, the Valmod combine window dont work with your valmod fix. I had to change the rect under Windowcombine from workbenchposition to Combineposition in the windows.xml file. the labels are not there sill tho, but I didnt bother looking into that.Pretty busy working on getting a few mods merged into Valmods pack, and going to try and make a pack based around war of the walkers, both to just run on my server, so as long as the combinewindow works I am happy for now. Will look into the labels later. I do plan on making a ui or tweaking your ui tho, if I get permission from you to do that. Just for use on my server unless the changes are something someone else wants aswell. I would like to get the crafting/skills and such window a bit larger and a bit longer, and some rearranging of some bits of info. Also the info window that shows what you get from eating different types of food and such is a bit small for my liking, makes the text too tiny. Would like to not have to hover over it to read it So maybe making the entire top part of the main windows higher up to fix both things in one go. Thats why I was hoping I could just move that text I first asked about upwards, so I could fix most of it by scaling alone Even at your ui's default scaling that text is partly obscured, so I might move the healthbars and stuff around a bit aswell. Never done any of this before, so its all a learning experience, but having fun tho

Quote Originally Posted by jdub View Post
    Hi I was hoping you could help me with a couple of questions I have.

I currently have food/water bars to the right of my health/stamina which I like; however, I would like to have just the sprite with a % instead of an entire bar. Would you be able to kind of point me in the right direction of doing so?

I would also like to have some similar sprites like elevation and map coordinates at the top near the compass. Would this be as simple as copying the code for the health/stamina making changes to loose the bars and use the appropriate calls for things like elevation and then finding and inputting the right coordinates?

Love your work, Thanks
    for the first question all you are after is the icon sprite and the label.
    eg:
    Code:
    <!-- Water -->
    <rect width="150" height="20" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Water" visible="{statvisible}">
    	<sprite depth="5" name="Icon" sprite="ui_game_symbol_water" size="18,18" pos="5,-1" foregroundlayer="true" color="[white]"/>
    	<label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="0,-1" font_size="18" color="[white]" justify="center" pivot="topleft" text="{playerwater} %" height="18" controller="PlayerStatsWindow" />
    </rect>
    for the elevation and map co-ords you need to look at the map controller code.
    Some of this code must be kept, but you must push it offscreen.
    eg:
    Code:
    <rect name="positioncoords" controller="MapArea">
    				<panel name="content" depth="10" pos="0,0" height="30" disableautobackground="true">
    					<rect depth="10" name="toolbar" width="300" height="43" pos="0,0">	
    						<button depth="1" name="playerIcon" style="icon32px, press, hover" pivot="center" pos="9999,9999" sprite="ui_game_symbol_map_player_arrow" tooltip="Center on Player" tooltip_key="lblCenterOnPlayer" sound="[paging_click]" />
    						<label depth="10" name="playerPos" pos="40,-24" width="215" height="28" text="110 S 769 W" font_size="26" justify="center" effect="outline"/>

<button depth="1" name="bedrollIcon" style="icon32px, press, hover" pivot="center" pos="9999,9999" sprite="ui_game_symbol_map_bed" tooltip="Center on Sleeping Bag" tooltip_key="lblCenterOnSleepingBag" sound="[paging_click]" />
    						<label depth="1" name="bedrollPos" pos="9999,9999" width="160" height="28" text="300 N 832 W" font_size="26"/>

<sprite depth="1" name="cursorIcon" style="icon32px, press, hover" pos="9999,9999" sprite="ui_game_symbol_map_cursor" tooltip="Cursor Position" tooltip_key="lblCursorPosition" sound="[paging_click]"/>
    						<label depth="1" name="cursorPos" pos="9999,9999" width="160" height="28" text="300 N 832 W" font_size="26"/>

<button depth="1" name="waypointIcon" style="icon32px, hover" pivot="center" on_press="true" pos="9999,9999" sprite="ui_game_symbol_map_waypoint_remove" tooltip="Remove Quick Waypoint" tooltip_key="lblRemoveQuickWaypoint" />
    						<label depth="1" name="waypointDistance" pos="9999,9999" width="122" height="28" text="0.2 KILOMETERS" font_size="26"/>			
    					</rect>
    					<panel name="mapView" depth="1" width="712" height="712" pos="9999,9999" disableautobackground="true" on_drag="true" style="press, scroll, hover" sound="[craft_click]" >
    						<texture depth="2" name="mapViewTexture" width="712" height="712" pos="0,0" material="Materials/MaskableMainmap"/>				
    						<panel name="clippingPanel" depth="1" width="712" height="712" pos="0,0" disableautobackground="true" />
    					</panel>
    				</panel>
    			</rect>
    All of the above code is just to get the player pos on screen, with a single grey background sprite, nothing more.
    The elevation code is part of the mapstats controller, in the same general area but with this one we can apply the controller directly to the required label, so code is short and neat

Code:
    <!-- Elevation -->
    			<rect width="117" height="30">
    				<sprite depth="3" name="elevIcon" width="24" height="24" pos="0,-1" sprite="ui_game_symbol_climb" color="[white]" foregroundlayer="true"/>
    				<label depth="4" name="elevLabel" pos="0,0" width="117" height="30" text="{mapelevation} M[-]" font_size="26" effect="outline" upper_case="true" justify="center" color="[white]" controller="MapStats"/>
    			</rect>
    That should get you close enough.

Ok, thx for the help. I have barely learned how to edit a dll file, and just some basics, so might not do that yet.. But what dll would that be, incase I wanna try? Not working on anything in specific now. Just using your ui with the Valmod fix.

And btw, the Valmod combine window dont work with your valmod fix. I had to change the rect under Windowcombine from workbenchposition to Combineposition in the windows.xml file. the labels are not there sill tho, but I didnt bother looking into that.

Pretty busy working on getting a few mods merged into Valmods pack, and going to try and make a pack based around war of the walkers, both to just run on my server, so as long as the combinewindow works I am happy for now. Will look into the labels later. I do plan on making a ui or tweaking your ui tho, if I get permission from you to do that. Just for use on my server unless the changes are something someone else wants aswell. I would like to get the crafting/skills and such window a bit larger and a bit longer, and some rearranging of some bits of info. Also the info window that shows what you get from eating different types of food and such is a bit small for my liking, makes the text too tiny. Would like to not have to hover over it to read it So maybe making the entire top part of the main windows higher up to fix both things in one go. Thats why I was hoping I could just move that text I first asked about upwards, so I could fix most of it by scaling alone Even at your ui's default scaling that text is partly obscured, so I might move the healthbars and stuff around a bit aswell. Never done any of this before, so its all a learning experience, but having fun tho
    Assembly-Csharp.dll is the file.

Valmod removes the combine function from the workstation and locks it behind its own workstation and skill set. So the workbench doesnt have it (this is normal).

You can do what you like with my UI's. Go for it.
    Zompact is a compact UI intended to allow the larger storage mods without having to deal with moving windows.

If you want to pull everything up the screen, apply the larger backpack patch. It will pull everything up the screen by 100px. (apart from said text which is hardcoded).

Thx alot, that should help Yeah I noticed that about the combine function. But in your valmod fix in your download its still workbenchposition and not combineposition. So your fix is partly broken atm
    Thx for permission to tweak some of it, highly appreciated
    Last edited by Quasimiyao; 02-16-2017 at 09:48 PM.

Thx alot, that should help Yeah I noticed that about the combine function. But in your valmod fix in your download its still workbenchposition and not combineposition. So your fix is partly broken atm
    Thx for permission to tweak some of it, highly appreciated
    I think Im misunderstanding something.

in xui.xml
    Code:
    <window_group name="workstation_workstationCombine" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">
    			<window name="windowCraftingList"/>
    			<window name="craftingInfoPanel"/>
    			<window name="windowNonPagingHeader" />
    			<window name="windowCombine" />
    			<window name="HUDClothing" /><!-- Equipped Clothing //D2D -->
    		</window_group>
    windows.xml
    Code:
    <!-- Combine Window Start -->
    	<window name="windowCombine" width="400" height="0" panel="Center">
    	<rect name="workbenchposition" pos="710,0">
    		<sprite depth="1" name="backgroundMain" pos="0,0" width="200" height="250" color="[zompact_flatthemecolor]" type="sliced" fillcenter="true" globalopacitymod="2" />
    		<sprite depth="1" name="backgroundMainoutput" pos="-130,-255" width="300" height="50" color="[zompact_flatthemecolor]" type="sliced" fillcenter="true" globalopacitymod="2" />
    		<texture depth="2" name="zompactItemBackground" size="200,250" texture="[zompact_workbench]" material="Materials/Transparent Colored" pos="0,0" />
    		<!-- Labels and Icons -->
    		<sprite size="20,20" pos="1,-1" sprite="ui_game_symbol_add" color="[zompact_itemwindowicons]"/>
    		<label height="23" font_size="22" depth="2" pos="65,-85" text="COMBINE" text_key="xuiCombine" color="[zompact_itemheadertext]"/>
    		<!-- Combine Grid -->
    		<rect pos="0, -85" height="230" width="228" controller="CombineGrid">	
    			<grid name="parts" rows="1" cols="3" pos="5,-38" cell_width="60" cell_height="60" repeat_content="true" >
    				<required_item_stack />
    			</grid>
    			<label depth="3" pos="5,-15" text="Item A" text_key="xuiCombineItemA" font_size="22"/>
    			<label depth="3" pos="65,-15" text="Item B" text_key="xuiCombineItemB" font_size="22"/>
    			<label depth="3" pos="125,-15" text="Result" text_key="xuiResult" font_size="22"/>
    		</rect>
    	</rect>
    	</window>
    	<!-- Combine Window End -->
    workbenchposition is just a positioning container. its name has no effect on anything. absolutely irrelevent.
    Are you implying when you use the combine station that the combine window isnt loading?
    Last edited by DUST2DEATH; 02-16-2017 at 10:13 PM.