Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [TUT] GUI's and You - Elements/Design/Positioning/Building/Implementation

Nope. The combinewindow still opens with the workbench, but it didnt before I changed <rect name="workbenchposition" to combineposition.
    Either that or I must have been completely blind, which is abolutely a possibility..

Quote Originally Posted by Quasimiyao View Post
    Nope. The combinewindow still opens with the workbench, but it didnt before I changed <rect name="workbenchposition" to combineposition.
    Either that or I must have been completely blind, which is abolutely a possibility..
    Sounds like it wasnt patched properly. The workstation doesnt call the combine window in valmod patch

Code:
    <window_group name="workstation_workbench" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">
    			<window name="windowCraftingList"/>
    			<window name="craftingInfoPanel"/>
    			<window name="windowCraftingQueue"/>
    			<window name="windowWorkbench"/><!-- Workbench //D2D -->
    			<window name="windowNonPagingHeader" />
    			<window name="HUDClothing" /><!-- Equipped Clothing //D2D -->
    		</window_group>
    https://github.com/DUST2DEATH/Zompac...Config/xui.xml

Code:
    <!-- Workbench Window Start -->
    	<window name="windowWorkbench" width="400" height="0" panel="Center">
    	<rect name="workbenchposition" pos="710,0">
    		<sprite depth="1" name="backgroundMain" pos="0,0" width="200" height="250" color="[zompact_flatthemecolor]" type="sliced" fillcenter="true" globalopacitymod="2" />
    		<sprite depth="1" name="backgroundMainoutput" pos="-130,-255" width="300" height="50" color="[zompact_flatthemecolor]" type="sliced" fillcenter="true" globalopacitymod="2" />
    		<texture depth="2" name="zompactItemBackground" size="200,250" texture="[zompact_workbench]" material="Materials/Transparent Colored" pos="0,0" />
    		<!-- Labels and Icons -->
    		<sprite size="20,20" pos="65,-1" sprite="ui_game_symbol_wrench" depth="5" color="[zompact_itemwindowicons]"/>
    		<label height="23" font_size="22" depth="6" pos="90,-1" text="TOOLS" text_key="xuiTools" color="[zompact_itemheadertext]"/>
    		<sprite size="20,20" pos="15,-205" sprite="ui_game_symbol_loot_sack" depth="5" color="[zompact_itemwindowicons]"/>
    		<label height="23" font_size="22" depth="2" pos="5,-225" text="OUTPUT" text_key="xuiOutput" color="[zompact_itemheadertext]"/>
    		<!-- Required Tools -->
    		<rect name="contentTools" depth="6" pos="5,-22" height="60" disablefallthrough="true" on_press="true">
    			<grid name="inventory" rows="1" cols="3" pos="0,0" cell_width="60" cell_height="60" controller="WorkstationToolGrid" repeat_content="true" allow_sort_order="false" required_tools="handSaw,weldingTorch,paperRack" required_tools_only="true">
    				<required_item_stack name="0"/>
    			</grid>		
    		</rect>	
    	<!-- Output -->
    	<rect name="contentOutput" depth="0" pos="-130,-255" height="50" disablefallthrough="true" on_press="true">
    		<sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" height="50" color="0,0,0,1" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" on_press="true" />	
    			<grid name="inventory" rows="1" cols="6" pos="0,0" cell_width="50" cell_height="50" controller="WorkstationOutputGrid" repeat_content="true">
    				<output_stack name="0"/>
    			</grid>
    	</rect>
    	</rect>
    	</window>
    	<!-- Workbench Window End -->
    https://github.com/DUST2DEATH/Zompac...Ui/windows.xml
    Last edited by DUST2DEATH; 02-16-2017 at 11:21 PM.

I just doublechecked. Turns out I was both wrong and right. The code I mentioned was not the issue. But there was an issue, turns out I forgot I added <window name="windowCombine" /> under the workbench window. Actually in that part of code you just pasted. As its not a separate bench still, it opens with the workbench. If its supposed to or not, I dunno, but thats what happens Under the part where you put the tools in the workbench, there's supposed to be 3 slots. Thats the combinestation. I jsut started up the game and server with your valmod ui patch, and no combine. With that code added, it appears
    I am using Valmod Expansion btw, not Valmod overhaul.

Now I am starting to confuse myself.. I just started it with the big backpack version, and there it has the slots for combine, with labels and all. But its no slots for putting the three tools instead...

Now I tried without the big backpack version, and you windows.xml from valmodpatch, without editing the workbenchposition. But I added the previous mentioned line in xui.xml and bot the slots for tools and the slots for combine are where they should be. Just no labels for combine. So after doing some confusing, it seems like that is the issue.

Code:
    <window_group name="workstation_workbench" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">
    			<window name="windowCraftingList"/>
    			<window name="craftingInfoPanel"/>
    			<window name="windowCraftingQueue"/>
    			<window name="windowWorkbench"/><!-- Workbench //D2D -->
    			<window name="windowNonPagingHeader" />
    			<window name="HUDClothing" /><!-- Equipped Clothing //D2D -->
    			<window name="windowCombine" />
    		</window_group>
    So Iam sorry for all the confusing, should done better testing first. But atleast I am pretty sure I did find the bug at last

no bug.

overwriting patches with different combinations not intended.
    Bigger backpack patch is intended not to be used with valmod patch.
    Valmar supplies his own backpack dll, use that, and edit the grids in styles.xml.

combine station and combine window are only removed in valmod patches.
    There is no reason to add the combine back to the workbench in valmod, unlock combine station skill instead.

default zompact workstation looks like:

Code:
    		<sprite depth="1" name="backgroundMain" pos="0,0" width="200" height="250" color="[zompact_flatthemecolor]" type="sliced" fillcenter="true" globalopacitymod="2" />
    		<sprite depth="1" name="backgroundMainoutput" pos="-130,-255" width="300" height="50" color="[zompact_flatthemecolor]" type="sliced" fillcenter="true" globalopacitymod="2" />
    		<texture depth="2" name="zompactItemBackground" size="200,250" texture="[zompact_workbench]" material="Materials/Transparent Colored" pos="0,0" />
    		<sprite size="20,20" pos="15,-205" sprite="ui_game_symbol_loot_sack" depth="5" color="[zompact_itemwindowicons]"/>
    		<label height="23" font_size="22" depth="2" pos="5,-225" text="OUTPUT" text_key="xuiOutput" color="[zompact_itemheadertext]"/>
    		<sprite size="20,20" pos="1,-1" sprite="ui_game_symbol_add" color="[zompact_itemwindowicons]"/>
    		<label height="23" font_size="22" depth="2" pos="25,-1" text="COMBINE" text_key="xuiCombine" color="[zompact_itemheadertext]"/>
    		<!-- Combine Grid -->
    		<rect pos="0, -23" height="230" width="228" controller="CombineGrid">	
    			<grid name="parts" rows="1" cols="3" pos="5,-38" cell_width="60" cell_height="60" repeat_content="true" >
    				<required_item_stack />
    			</grid>
    			<label depth="3" pos="5,-15" text="Item A" text_key="xuiCombineItemA" font_size="22"/>
    			<label depth="3" pos="65,-15" text="Item B" text_key="xuiCombineItemB" font_size="22"/>
    			<label depth="3" pos="125,-15" text="Result" text_key="xuiResult" font_size="22"/>
    		</rect>
    	<!-- Output -->
    	<rect name="contentOutput" depth="0" pos="-130,-255" height="50" disablefallthrough="true" on_press="true">
    		<sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" height="50" color="0,0,0,1" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" on_press="true" />	
    			<grid name="inventory" rows="1" cols="6" pos="0,0" cell_width="50" cell_height="50" controller="WorkstationOutputGrid" repeat_content="true">
    				<output_stack name="0"/>
    			</grid>
    	</rect>
    	</rect>
    	</window>

i wanted to post this here

its a really good reference also

Everything is Relative.
    Positioning is all relative.
    pos="1,2".

1 is horizontal. negative value moves left, positive value moves right.
    2 is vertical. negative value moves down, positive value moves up.

first you have the anchor points.

CenterBottom,CenterTop,LeftTop,Left,LeftBottom,Rig htTop,Right,Rightbottom.
    This defines the "Starting" location (if you will), starting point is always 0,0 of the anchor location.

In the case of the toolbelt, to have it centered properly, it needs to be moved left so that the first 4 item slots are before 0,0 (pos -240,x)

Following this, you will then have a container (often a rect or panel). The position that you set this container to is relative to the parent positioning.
    in the image above, the container (green) would be set to pos="20,-20". its positioning is relative to the main window. (grey) top left corner. (that's the green containers 0,0)

After that you have any items/labels etc. All their positioning is relative to the green container. 0,0 is top left corner of green box for an item nested within.

Once you understand that, then comes the pivots.

If you see an item that has (pivot="center") it means that it will pin said item (usually a icon) to the center point of the container. If a pivot is used, positioning is still relative to the container, but you must specify the pin point of the container.

Using the toolbelt as an example, it has a 60x60 container for the toolbelt slot.
    the icons, use pivot center so their position = [pos=30,-30"] as this is the center point of the container 60wx60h.

TLDR: everything is relative to the parent.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by DUST2DEATH View Post
    for the first question all you are after is the icon sprite and the label.
    eg:
    Code:
    <!-- Water -->
    <rect width="150" height="20" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Water" visible="{statvisible}">
    	<sprite depth="5" name="Icon" sprite="ui_game_symbol_water" size="18,18" pos="5,-1" foregroundlayer="true" color="[white]"/>
    	<label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="0,-1" font_size="18" color="[white]" justify="center" pivot="topleft" text="{playerwater} %" height="18" controller="PlayerStatsWindow" />
    </rect>
    Thank you for your help. I mostly copied what you gave me and moved some stuff around to my liking. But I am having a slight issue with placement I hope you can shed some light for me.

After implementing the code, my health/stamina bars seemed to be 2 columns too high and my food/water/temperature was about 2 columns too low. I was able to guestimate the position and fix the health/stamina and I am sure I can do the same with the food/water/temp sprites but I am wondering if you have a moment if you could look at that porition of my xml and see if maybe something stands out to you? I will have to apologize ahead of time I am not the tidiest person when it comes to code.
    Code:
    <windows>

<window name="HUDLeftStatBars">
    		<grid name="hud" pos="2,100" rows="2" cols="1" width="168" cell_width="168" cell_height="46" repeat_content="false" side="left" >

<rect width="168" height="43" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Stamina" visible="{statvisible}">
    				<sprite depth="1" name="border" color="0,0,153,255" height="43" type="sliced"/>
    				<sprite depth="2" pos="3,-3"  name="background" height="37" width="162" color="0,102,255,255" type="sliced" />
    				<sprite depth="3" pos="3,-3"  name="BarContent" sprite="{statimage|once}" type="filled" height="37" width="162" fill="0"  />
    				<sprite depth="4" name="Icon" atlas="{staticonatlas|once}" sprite="{staticon|once}" size="32,32" pos="8,-6" foregroundlayer="true"/>
    				<label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="0,-8" font_size="28" color="[white]" justify="center" pivot="topleft" text="{statcurrentwithmax}" height="30"/>
    			</rect>

<!--
    			<rect width="168" height="43" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Food" visible="{StatVisible}">
    				<sprite depth="1" name="border" color="32,32,32,255" height="43" type="sliced" />
    				<sprite depth="2" pos="3,-3"  name="background" height="37" width="162" color="64,64,64,100" type="sliced" />
    				<sprite depth="3" pos="3,-3"  name="BarContent" color="50,205,50,100" type="filled" height="37" width="162" fill="{StatFill}" /> 
    				<sprite depth="4" name="Icon" atlas="{staticonatlas|once}" sprite="{staticon|once}" size="32,32" pos="8,-6" foregroundlayer="true"/>
    				<label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="0,-10" font_size="28" color="[beige]" justify="center" pivot="topleft" text="{statcurrentwithmax} %" height="30"/>
    			</rect> -->

<rect width="168" height="43" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Health" visible="{statvisible}">
    				<sprite depth="1" name="border" color="153,0,0,255" height="43" type="sliced" />
    				<sprite depth="2" pos="3,-3"  name="background" height="37" width="162" color="64,64,64,100" type="sliced" />
    				<sprite depth="3" pos="3,-3"  name="BarContent" sprite="{statimage|once}" type="filled" height="37" width="162" fill="0" />
    				<label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="0,-8" font_size="28" color="[white]" justify="center" pivot="topleft" text="{statcurrentwithmax}" height="30"/>
    			</rect>

<!--	<rect width="168" height="43" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Water" visible="{StatVisible}">
    				<sprite depth="1" name="border" color="0,0,0,100" height="43" type="sliced" />
    				<sprite depth="3" pos="3,-3"  name="BarContent"  color="0,180,180,100" type="filled" height="37" width="162" fill="{StatFill}" /> 
    				<label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="0,-10" font_size="28" color="[beige]" justify="center" pivot="topleft" text="{statcurrentwithmax}" height="30"/>
    			</rect> -->
    			</grid> 

<!--This <grid> element adds the temperature guage to the right of the other stat bars, in it's own seperate table-->
    		<grid name="hud" pos="187,100" rows="3" cols="1" width="168" cell_width="168" cell_height="20" repeat_content="false" controller="InGameHUD" side="left" >
    			<rect width="168" height="43" controller="PlayerStatsWindow">
    				<!-- <sprite depth="1" name="border" color="0,0,0,100" height="43" type="sliced"/>
    				<sprite depth="2" pos="3,-3"  name="background" height="37" width="162" color="64,64,64,100" type="sliced"/>
    				<sprite depth="3" pos="3,-3"  color="50,50,50" type="filled" height="37" width="162" fill="100" /> -->
    				<sprite depth="4" name="Icon" sprite="ui_game_symbol_temperature" size="28,28" pos="6,6" foregroundlayer="true"/>
    				<label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="0,-10" font_size="24" color="[white]" justify="center" pivot="topleft" text="{playercoretemp}" height="30" />
    	<!-- Food--></rect>
    			<rect width="150" height="43" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Food" visible="{statvisible}">
    				<sprite depth="5" name="Icon" sprite="ui_game_symbol_fork" size="18,18" pos="3,2" foregroundlayer="true" color="[white]"/>
    					<label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="0,-1" font_size="18" color="[white]" justify="center" pivot="topleft" text="{playerfood} %" height="18" controller="PlayerStatsWindow" />
    			</rect>
    	<!-- Water -->
    			<rect width="150" height="43" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Water" visible="{statvisible}">
    				<sprite depth="5" name="Icon" sprite="ui_game_symbol_water" size="18,18" pos="3,0" foregroundlayer="true" color="[white]"/>
    					<label depth="6" name="TextContent" pos="0,-1" font_size="18" color="[white]" justify="center" pivot="topleft" text="{playerwater} %" height="18" controller="PlayerStatsWindow" />
    			</rect>
    		</grid>

<!-- Elevation -->
    		<grid>
    			<rect width="117" height="230">
    				<sprite depth="3" name="elevIcon" width="24" height="24" pos="0,-1" sprite="ui_game_symbol_climb" color="[white]" foregroundlayer="true"/>
    				<label depth="4" name="elevLabel" pos="0,0" width="117" height="30" text="{mapelevation} M[-]" font_size="26" effect="outline" upper_case="true" justify="center" color="[white]" controller="MapStats"/>
    			</rect>

<!-- Coordinates-->
    			<rect name="positioncoords" controller="MapArea">
    				<panel name="content" depth="10" pos="100,100" height="30" disableautobackground="true">
    					<rect depth="10" name="toolbar" width="300" height="43" pos="0,0">	
    						<button depth="1" name="playerIcon" style="icon32px, press, hover" pivot="center" pos="9999,9999" sprite="ui_game_symbol_map_player_arrow" tooltip="Center on Player" tooltip_key="lblCenterOnPlayer" sound="[paging_click]" />
    						<label depth="10" name="playerPos" pos="40,-24" width="215" height="28" text="110 S 769 W" font_size="26" justify="center" effect="outline"/>

<button depth="1" name="bedrollIcon" style="icon32px, press, hover" pivot="center" pos="9999,9999" sprite="ui_game_symbol_map_bed" tooltip="Center on Sleeping Bag" tooltip_key="lblCenterOnSleepingBag" sound="[paging_click]" />
    						<label depth="1" name="bedrollPos" pos="9999,9999" width="160" height="28" text="300 N 832 W" font_size="26"/>

<sprite depth="1" name="cursorIcon" style="icon32px, press, hover" pos="9999,9999" sprite="ui_game_symbol_map_cursor" tooltip="Cursor Position" tooltip_key="lblCursorPosition" sound="[paging_click]"/>
    						<label depth="1" name="cursorPos" pos="9999,9999" width="160" height="28" text="300 N 832 W" font_size="26"/>

<button depth="1" name="waypointIcon" style="icon32px, hover" pivot="center" on_press="true" pos="9999,9999" sprite="ui_game_symbol_map_waypoint_remove" tooltip="Remove Quick Waypoint" tooltip_key="lblRemoveQuickWaypoint" />
    						<label depth="1" name="waypointDistance" pos="9999,9999" width="122" height="28" text="0.2 KILOMETERS" font_size="26"/>			
    					</rect>
    					<panel name="mapView" depth="1" width="712" height="712" pos="9999,9999" disableautobackground="true" on_drag="true" style="press, scroll, hover" sound="[craft_click]" >
    						<texture depth="2" name="mapViewTexture" width="712" height="712" pos="0,0" material="Materials/MaskableMainmap"/>				
    						<panel name="clippingPanel" depth="1" width="712" height="712" pos="0,0" disableautobackground="true" />
    					</panel>
    				</panel>
    			</rect>
    				</grid>
    I am having issues uploading a picture but I put it on imgur. http://i.imgur.com/k11AW8h.png

Thanks for your help.

no bug.

overwriting patches with different combinations not intended.
    Bigger backpack patch is intended not to be used with valmod patch.
    Valmar supplies his own backpack dll, use that, and edit the grids in styles.xml.

combine station and combine window are only removed in valmod patches.
    There is no reason to add the combine back to the workbench in valmod, unlock combine station skill instead.

default zompact workstation looks like:

Code:
    		<sprite size="20,20" pos="1,-1" sprite="ui_game_symbol_add" color="[zompact_itemwindowicons]"/>
    		<label height="23" font_size="22" depth="2" pos="25,-1" text="COMBINE" text_key="xuiCombine" color="[zompact_itemheadertext]"/>
    		<!-- Combine Grid -->
    		<rect pos="0, -23" height="230" width="228" controller="CombineGrid">	
    			<grid name="parts" rows="1" cols="3" pos="5,-38" cell_width="60" cell_height="60" repeat_content="true" >
    				<required_item_stack />
    			</grid>
    			<label depth="3" pos="5,-15" text="Item A" text_key="xuiCombineItemA" font_size="22"/>
    			<label depth="3" pos="65,-15" text="Item B" text_key="xuiCombineItemB" font_size="22"/>
    			<label depth="3" pos="125,-15" text="Result" text_key="xuiResult" font_size="22"/>
    		</rect>
    	<!-- Output -->
    				<output_stack name="0"/>
    			</grid>
    	</rect>
    	</rect>
    	</window>
    I did not know you could make a combinestation to be honest, with the ui that comes with Valmars mod it just shows up in the workbenchwindow without making any new stations. So I just assumed that was the way it was intended to be. A bit odd that the included ui dont need an extra station tho, if that is the intended way to do it. So, yeah, sorry to have bothered you with that for no apparent reason. Now to go through the dll to find where I adjust that text that just have to hide behind the top of the toolbelt in your ui.
    Thx for being patient tho

After reading this last post, and going back and re-reading your others I missed a vital piece of information that you had provided.

I am using Valmod Expansion btw, not Valmod overhaul.
    The patch is for overhaul, not expansion.

Now it makes sense, and that yes, in that instance, it wasnt as you expected and you fixed it. (thus a bug from your perspective)
    I apologize for missing that and adding to the mounting confusion.

I can add an expansion patch as well so that this doesnt happen in future.
    Sorry again for missing that key bit of information.

No need to apologize I re-read a few posts back aswell, and noticed I somehow didnt coonect the dots here, but you did tell me it was a separate thing alread

Valmod removes the combine function from the workstation and locks it behind its own workstation and skill set. So the workbench doesnt have it (this is normal).

Great stuff with this tut! I found it after I played around with the UI to move stuff around.
    Wish I found this before hand, but still a good resource to come back to!

Quote Originally Posted by jdub View Post
    *snip*

I am having issues uploading a picture but I put it on imgur. http://i.imgur.com/k11AW8h.png

Thanks for your help.
    Firstly, sorry for the delay I didnt see your post due to the mod queue.

After a look at your image and code you need to add positioning to the elevation/player coords grid.

Code:
    <!-- Elevation -->
    		<grid pos="1,2">
    Move it so its not sitting on top of the food/water grid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlienZ View Post
    Great stuff with this tut! I found it after I played around with the UI to move stuff around.
    Wish I found this before hand, but still a good resource to come back to!
    Thanks

Refugee
    Firstly, sorry for the delay I didnt see your post due to the mod queue.

After a look at your image and code you need to add positioning to the elevation/player coords grid.

Code:
    <!-- Elevation -->
    		<grid pos="1,2">
    Move it so its not sitting on top of the food/water grid.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks
    Thanks for your help!

Sorry if I didn't get it but is there a way to do a "reloadui" without leaving and re-entering the game?