Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha 16 Q&A with Madmole: Volume 12

Colony Founder
    Congratulations to you and The fun pimps in your latest Alpha. From the last video, I see a lot of good stuff coming out.

But one thing that is bothering me is roads. They appear to be misshapen and mismatched all throughout the video.
    Some of them are flat and appear to look like the ground painted like roads. Also seeing were roads are crossing over water were a bridge would look better imhp.

Is there going to be an improvement on the roads?

Refugee

what is it for ?

madmole i know you said that you guys at fun pimps won't be making any changes to the weapons so my Q is what is the space below the spot to put the flashlight onto most of the guns is for/was gonna be for ? Because it just keep making me thinking something is gonna be added in to the weapons every time i go to build a gun or put a better part on.

P.S. I'm kind sad that none thing new is being added to the weapons, hopefully you guys will make something new for weapons in the form of dlc when the game out of alpha.
    Last edited by lancerknightg; 02-27-2017 at 03:24 AM.

Survivor
    Hi TFP as always thanks for the great work you do. Last time I asked about adding a "treasure" and a "stack of cash" block as a decoration item for vault rooms. You said you might look into later on for the Duke.

My question this time is could we maybe have the silver, gold, and diamond ore blocks have their own textures and a recipe to turn nuggets into said block? Right now they all share the same minable block texture. I know you guys are trying not to add more stuff to the game so while I do love the idea of a gold coins/cash/treasure blocks maybe this way would be better for now?

Thanks again.

Refugee

The Hunter

Thanks for this beast of a game funpimps!

Q. Will there be anything more to hunting? like levelling up a skill called the hunter giving players more meat and animal hide when dressing. making the dead come and eat your kill when it runs off wounded? I just love the immersion and hunting is one of the things I love doing most.

Vagrant-

Ranger

Gamestages

Will gamestages ramp up in difficulty until the game becomes impossibly hard? It would be cool if players could complete quests to reduce their game stage (without dying). Killing the local behemoth or locking down a leaky nuclear reactor comes to mind.

Scavenger
    Hey MM. Due to a YouTuber, it was revealed that there is no need for a mining helmet, or any other light, if you turn your gamma up to 200%. I've seen a lot of people do this to avoid the mining helmet bug - where the light shows that it is on to other players, even when it is actually off. Would it be possible to lower the max gamma from 200% to 100%, in the video options, to keep the night realism of needing a light of some sort?

Hello Madmole Thank you guys for the great game
    My question is : as we saw in the preview number 6 you said you are in the capture studio for player animations in that video you showed us only the female run... can you please let us know what new about that ? it s been 3 months from the preview 6 and you never talked about the player animations
    Q2 : is it possible to add dogs to the game to walk and defend the player from zombies and the dog will own his armor and his bedroll its going to be a good exp to find a dog and make him your walking buddy because we have zombie dogs its logical to have some uninfected dogs
    Thank you so much the funpimps
    Last edited by NeferPitou; 02-27-2017 at 12:52 PM.

Survivor
    hello MM this is my first Q&A so I hope youll answer my question(s)

So I have a question thats a multiple question.

The question is: With the new skill system, will players still be able to level up the natural progressive way, or is that going to be completely scrapped for the perk system?
    (IE are you adding perks on top of 1-100 leveling, or replacing 1-100 all together)

and while im on the topic of perks and skills, I know boats are coming once water is fixed, but what about a swimming skill and or perk?

(example)

Swimming skill: exp gained by treading through water, each level increases the speed of how fast you move through water, and reduces stamina cost of 'sprinting' through water

Swimming perk: (insert name here): You swim faster with every rank and are one with water! (+50 vertical and horizontal movement speed in water per rank)

Coop Play

Hey MM,

First, a big thank you to you for these Q&A sessions and to the guys (gals?) at TFP - easily one of the most addictive games I've ever played.

For those of us playing co-op - can we get an option on storage containers to be unlocked for allies? We've had players accidentally lock a cabinet, etc. and then we have to figure out who 'owns' it and have them log in to unlock it - pain in the rear when you have all your fuel in there. :-)

If I can sneak in a 2nd idea - bear bait - can't for the life of me find them lol.

Thanks again!!!

Slaymore

Scavenger
    Is it possible that we’ll see a tough hunter enemy such as a Wendigo (Native American cannibal monster) in future updates? This could be a fast, strong, and tough to kill enemy that lives in caves and hunts both humans and zombies at night; and is highly resistant to all damage but fire and explosives. It would also stalk the player for long distances if it spots them. Because of the extreme danger they would pose, only one can spawn within a large radius, making them rare to run into.

P.S. Loving the game so far! Keep up the great work!

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Some furnishings you'd find in most homes are still conspicuously absent, such as clothing racks in closets, china cabinets, computers, wall-mounted lights, and more. I know there isn't room for everything, but does the open space in the texture atlas pave the way for more stuff like this, or only for more blocky things like washer/dryers, microwaves, and dishwashers?

First, I have to say that I love the game and I hope your next one will be as awesome as our beloved 7 days.

Now the question, what do you think about having binoculars that can be used to mark distant POIs on the map?

For example, you climb a mountain and see two interesting POIs and a city, so you mark those POIs for later and go to explore the city.

That's it, thanks again for this awesome game.

What up MadMole?
    Your last video looks awesome AF!
    How about rendering players that are walking on the distant terrain? So I can easily spot them and kill them.

Thanks bro.

MM greetings to you and the entire hard working team.

I seen in your last video fog is more prevalent. You all gave us distant terrain, so will the fog burn off because I am hoping it's just WIP maybe.

Distant terrain isn't going to help much from mountain top if say 1/2 mile out is foggy and then we can't see anymore and to me seeing further from a mtn as you clearly brag about is one of the best additions you have added to the game. I hope i explained it correctly

Hi MM. Will there ever be offline multiplayer mode like minecraft?

This would allow being able to play while on holiday, places with no or overpriced paid wifi. Anyone who works in secluded areas, eg Oil rig, boats. Or whenever the internet decides to die for hours for no reason.

Good old LAN only play like Unreal, Quake, etc.