Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TFP Official Modding Forum Policy

Hi guys,
    couple of questions about this:

In made a Terms of Use post for my Custom Vehicles mod, and it's linked in the OP.
    Right now the Terms of Use talks about the 2 assets that I purchased, and links to the Terms of Use section of my mod on github.
    It also mentions that I am not sure yet how the Sketchfab licensing for those assets applies to us, modders.
    I am still waiting for an answer from sketchfab about that...

So my questions are:
    - If I add more purchased vehicles in the mod latter. I don't necessarily want to edit that post, because then it means the actual effectiveness date will be changed to the day of my edit.
    How do we deal with that?
    Could my Terms of Use post be more generic and not detail which assets have been purchased, and then the details would just be in my github Terms of Use?

- Whenever I receive more info from sketchfab, I will want to edit that post to add the new info. Is there another way to do that without changing the effectiveness date of my Terms of Use.
    Could I actually make a 2nd Terms of Use post, that would contain the latest info, and link both Terms of Use posts in the OP?

Thanks!
    Last edited by manux; 11-07-2018 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manux View Post
    Hi guys,
    couple of questions about this:

In made a Terms of Use post for my Custom Vehicles mod, and it's linked in the OP.
    Right now the Terms of Use talks about the 2 assets that I purchased, and links to the Terms of Use section of my mod on github.
    It also mentions that I am not sure yet how the Sketchfab licensing for those assets applies to us, modders.
    I am still waiting for an answer from sketchfab about that...

So my questions are:
    - If I add more purchased vehicles in the mod latter. I don't necessarily want to edit that post, because then it means the actual effectiveness date will be changed to the day of my edit.
    How do we deal with that?
    Could my Terms of Use post be more generic and not detail which assets have been purchased, and then the details would just be in my github Terms of Use?

- Whenever I receive more info from sketchfab, I will want to edit that post to add the new info. Is there another way to do that without changing the effectiveness date of my Terms of Use.
    Could I actually make a 2nd Terms of Use post, that would contain the latest info, and link both Terms of Use posts in the OP?

Thanks!
    Ok, so I received answers from Sketchfab, and it looks like they are fine with the idea of a modder including in his mod, another mod that has sketchfab purchased assets in it.
    - As long has the original assets are not directly available in the mod, meaning that they need to be in a binary format, like they always are in our mods.
    - And as long as the second modder does not extract the assets from the binary files, to modify them more, before inserting them in his mod.
    - And as long as the mod is distributed for free.

So I will modify my original Terms of Use, since it doesn't really matter anymore, other modders can just include my mod in theirs, without having to re-pay for those assets...

This is how Sketchfab perceives this problem. It does not mean that Unity or other stores will have the same point of view...

Here's my new Terms of Use post.
    Please let me know if you see a problem with it...
    Last edited by manux; 11-10-2018 at 06:34 AM.