Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: ComSenMod (now for A17)

Scavenger
    Creator have you changed the properties for farming, the reason I ask is because I found some corn and potatoes already grown so I picked them and only got 1 each time, I changed them into seeds and it only changed them to 1 seed, so I am going around in a loop with no way to actually grow anymore food.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieLee2k View Post
    When I try to add http://chamotlabs.com/Bob/ComSenMod/ComSenMod.zip it says "The following download was not valid" But SMX was fine
    Hmm, strange. As a temporary work around, I added another entry to include SMX for you. Restart the Mod Launcher, and give it a try.

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Creator have you changed the properties for farming, the reason I ask is because I found some corn and potatoes already grown so I picked them and only got 1 each time, I changed them into seeds and it only changed them to 1 seed, so I am going around in a loop with no way to actually grow anymore food.
    Nope, that's vanilla farming for you. The key to farming is
    Spoiler: 
    good soil. You need to till the soil with a hoe to do better than breaking even, and fertilizer to get the maximal crop yields.

Quote Originally Posted by sphereii View Post
    Hmm, strange. As a temporary work around, I added another entry to include SMX for you. Restart the Mod Launcher, and give it a try.
    Thanks for the help sphereii. If it looks like something's wrong on my end, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Crater Creator View Post
    Thanks for the help sphereii. If it looks like something's wrong on my end, please let me know.
    More than likely a bug in the My Mods portion where it doesn't see it as a valid link. Will get it fixed

Scavenger
    You both do amazing work and the SMX mod with this game makes it all work while.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, SMX isn't showing up with the new profile you put in

Does SMX conflict with ComSenMod as they both edit the same files?
    Last edited by JamieLee2k; 11-26-2017 at 07:29 PM.

You both do amazing work and the SMX mod with this game makes it all work while.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, SMX isn't showing up with the new profile you put in

Does SMX conflict with ComSenMod as they both edit the same files?
    Sorry about the trouble. I fixed the config, and seems to be working. Let me know

Scavenger
    Well it loads up fine and SMX installed, Happy Man now

Aww, that makes my day.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Crater Creator View Post
    Okay, I see what you're getting at. I broke my own convention that if water's in the recipe, you use the pot. But intuitively, you don't boil breads or pies - you bake them. Grilling is the closest thing we have to baking.

So I researched real recipes for cornbread and blueberry pie with a cornmeal crust. The real recipes use more shortening than water. So in the game, these recipes will require animal fat instead of bottled water.

This kills 3 birds with one stone.
    • It maintains the water=pot convention.
    • It keeps these recipes on the grill, which makes the most sense
    • It satisfies my desire to use animal fat as a cooking ingredient, in general.

Neither food hydrates you, so this doesn't create an exploit to get free hydration, either.

I think this will make the game better. I'll test it along with other changes for the next release of ComSenMod, coming soon™. Thanks for catching this, SenLim!
    Wow ! I thought I was alone !

Hunter
    Wow, I love this mod. Great job! I'm hoping some of the popular mods will incorporate this one.

I'm always delighted to hear when someone's enjoying ComSenMod.

Merry ComSens is a mod that incorporates ComSenMod into a bigger project; you might give it a try!

Refugee
    Is there a way with the mod launcher i could play this mod pack with SMX bigger backpack?

First, welcome to the forums!

There's a good chance they're compatible. I need to know what files SMX LITE touches to know for sure. I don't have an account on NexusMods, so I wasn't able to download it. I'll try it through the mod launcher when I get a chance, and get back to you.

Refugee

Clothing and Temperature

First. Very excellent work. Ejoying the common sense of your effort.

Clothing and Temperature. I disagree with clothing not having a minus effect on temperature. Having been in several hot locations clothing is essential in protecting from temperature. Taking off all your cloth to keep from going over temperature is as unrealistic as going into hypothermia at 50 degrees because you had all the minus clothing on.

Since the game doesn't have proper hot weather gear we have to accept that shorts, tee-shirt and cowboy hat fill that role. Perhaps not at the the vanilla listed values but something.