Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha 16 Q&A with Madmole: Volume 13

Refugee

Dark Textures

I noticed in your last preview video that everything was really dark, and not just when you were inside. The new bear and the fat lady, as well as some of the current zombies in Alpha 15 (I think the spastic zombie for example) are really black and basically just shadows from further away. I like seeing the details in the zombies so I was wondering if you could brighten them up and perhaps increase the contrast on some of your entities?
    Last edited by Roland; 03-14-2017 at 06:18 AM.

The Steam Audio SDK was recently released and is supported by the Unity engine. After playing the demo I thought it would be a perfect fit for sleepers and 7DTD immersion in general. Have the pimps thought about adding this?
    Last edited by Roland; 03-14-2017 at 06:19 AM.

I know this is just the first iteration but one thing I would like to see is sleepers being able to lunge at you or quickly attack your feet before getting up if you walk right into them. Is something like this already planned?
    Last edited by Roland; 03-14-2017 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Someone earlier in the thread already asked about spider sleeper zombies so I went with your other question.

Thanks for the awesome game!!! Will we see wooden or steel bridges in random gen?
    Last edited by SnowDog1942; 03-13-2017 at 10:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Refugee
    Fake distant forests? Make at least some random coloring to avoid having bald hills?

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    MoCap session. Whassup. Can bears stand on their hinds?

Will finding schematics become more interesting? Currently you can find most of the schematics/books fairly fast. Can you make it so schematics are broken up a bit for example instead of 1 shotgun schematic can it be 4 shotgun schematics 1 for each part of the shotgun" (Stock, Barrel etc.)? Or can finding schematics involve another step; for example instead of finding a schematic you find a quest letter telling you where to go to find the schematic at a secret bunker for example?
    Last edited by Roland; 03-14-2017 at 05:50 AM. Reason: changed blueprint to schematic since blueprints are something else in the game

During one of the videos about distant POI's you said that there were speed issues when trying to generate LOD meshes at runtime. Have you considered using octrees for this?

I know you're not a programmer so here's the shortest vid I could find that explains the concept in plain language.
    https://youtu.be/mcpLSHU8M1c
    Last edited by Roland; 03-14-2017 at 05:34 AM.

Regarding sleeper zombies, will there be "dummy" sleeper zombies coming in the future?
    Basically look like Sleeper zombies but just be lootable corpses? Would make exploring a dark building even more scary when you don't know if that corpse across the room is the rotting/festering undead or just an unfortunate survivor who's bitten the dust.
    Last edited by Roland; 03-14-2017 at 05:51 AM.

Ranger
    Yes, I am enjoying that cigar and drink!

Will all the existing POIs be getting new coats of paint with the paint tool, or just new ones?

I get high lags spikes when I look at dust/sand storms, I imagine it isn't a problem for most people but my question is simply this, can we get a graphics option which enables us to turn off, or preferably tone down the particle/weather effects, whatever you call them? This would further help people like myself with low end machine/cards who might also have this issue, thanks!

*Fyi, my specs; they aren't recommended, but I generally get 30 fps on very low settings.

AMD Phenom 9150e QuadCore
    4GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GT620
    Last edited by Roland; 03-14-2017 at 05:52 AM.

After being a long term admin I have to ask is there any talk to add more features for admins?
    Such as right now not even admins can place blocks within trader areas, so if the trader glitches (disappears) there's no way for us to respawn him back.
    Also, we could really do with a way to respawn cars in bulk without having to manually place them back into the world 1 by 1. As in busy servers when it reaches 500+ days, new players find it very hard to find cars unless admins replace them manually on a regular basis.

Many thanks for the awesome game!
    Last edited by Roland; 03-14-2017 at 05:53 AM.

Refugee
    In the new video you mentioned you turned off the hoard spawns and only had the sleepers spawning to demonstrate them. and I was wondering if in the options you could add that feature?
    Last edited by Roland; 03-14-2017 at 05:54 AM.

Logic Signals

Sup MadMole,
    you showed us the basics of electricity and power. What are the plans for logic signals? The classic 5 volts, TRUE or FALSE, signals to be used with logic gates (AND, OR, NOT....). Buttons and sensors need those logic stuff
    Thanks bro

Colony Founder
    I wanted to ask about sound which may have been talked about before. I can be in a building and a zombie could be outside or something and it will sound like it is right next to me. Also if I make a sound like open a door in a house, the zombies can hear me as if I just shot a gun.

So my question is will sounds be reworked to accommodate range and structures?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Roland; 03-14-2017 at 06:20 AM.