Thread: PS4 Update

Wink PS4 Update

Ps4 3/9 update really made a huge difference running this game. You can actually ride the minibike without waiting for terrain to load in. I played for a couple hours yesterday and not once did I have to wait for the terrain to load. It also eliminated the occasional stuttering I was still experiencing. Really hope it stays this way. The game is running the best I have seen it on ps4 since release.

I did notice that the ps4 update made the game run better as well. Now once we get the upcoming patch for the game let's hope that we get some cool additions as well.

The PS4 update says it has Boost Mode for PS4 pro only...

Are you using a PS4 Pro, or are you noticing improvements on the old PS4 as well?

I am on regular ps4. It really is a big difference. It is actually fun to ride the minibike now that I don't have to get off and wait for the terrain to load now.

Got a regular ps4 with a ssd. never experienced grey terrain to load in. And the ps4 boost mode (in the last update) only affects the pro-version as warliss said (btw wasn't there a topcat?).
    I think your credits, Gutterputty, are going to the devs...

@ Gutter...Cool will have to update and check it out, as I always have to jump off my bike for terrain...

@ ZombieHog..Figured I'd keep it short for this site..ha ha

Refugee
    I just use a lower grade engine and battery to slow down the minibike and get around without having to wait for terrain load...also makes for a good time when you have a bear on your heels faster than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterputty View Post
    Ps4 3/9 update really made a huge difference running this game. You can actually ride the minibike without waiting for terrain to load in. I played for a couple hours yesterday and not once did I have to wait for the terrain to load. It also eliminated the occasional stuttering I was still experiencing. Really hope it stays this way. The game is running the best I have seen it on ps4 since release.
    The update was for PS4 Exclusively? I didn't see any patch notes. Going to do some searching.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warliss View Post
    The PS4 update says it has Boost Mode for PS4 pro only...

Are you using a PS4 Pro, or are you noticing improvements on the old PS4 as well?
    I have a PS4 Pro + SSD and before this patch it definitely made stuff run better, nearly eliminated the wait for textures issue.

We're talking about the console hardware update, not a game update. I wish we got a game update yesterday.

Tracker
    Hmm I'm having a different experience not only do I still have to wait on terrain to load but now when it does load I get about 1 second then I have to wait again. The second time it fully loads. Anyone else getting this?

P.S. also had ps4 completely freeze twice while exiting to dashboard to check messages
    Last edited by Zombizie; 03-10-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutterputty View Post
    I am on regular ps4. It really is a big difference. It is actually fun to ride the minibike now that I don't have to get off and wait for the terrain to load now.
    But that's when I finally bother to look at the map on my long rides.

Reconstructionist
    I overran the terrain a few nights ago and when it finally loaded My mini bike and I were stuck in the trunk of a burnt out car, I dismounted and had to use a wrench to take the car apart to get my bike back. Taking the car apart didn't hurt the bike but drew out all the gas and had to refuel.