Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [03/10] Message from the Team - Patch 8 in Submission (Notes Included)

[03/10] Message from the Team - Patch 8 in Submission (Notes Included)

Hi all,

Just got word from the team that Patch 8 has gone into submission. All going to plan it should be released at some stage next week!

Below are the notes for the patch. As always this includes some but not all of the fixes included in he patch.

The usual bit:
    - NOTES only apply to the fix DIRECTLY ABOVE them, unless otherwise stated
    - do NOT post bug reports below. They belong in the CONSOLE BUG REPORT section.
    - keep posts CIVIL and RESPECTFUL when discussing or giving feedback about the patch.
    - please keep the post ON TOPIC. This post is for the discussion of this patch ONLY.
    - I do NOT have further info on A15 features (check the sticky in General Discussion for all current info) or updates on MD5, Multiplayer issues and other fixes, when I have those updates they will get their own post.

Thanks!
    Clare

--------

7 Days to Die [Console]
    Release Notes
    Patch 8.0
    PS4 Version 1.11
    XB1 Version 1.0.11.0

It’s almost time for Patch 8! We’ve got a cool addition and the standard chunk of bug fixes! As always, we’ll let you know when it releases but here’s a list to peruse while you wait.

Bug Fixes and Improvements

* Minibike Map Icons – In this patch we tracked down the cause of minibikes disappearing after a crash and changed the way minibike data is saved in order to remove the chances of this happening again in the future. In addition to this, we are adding minibike icons to the map and compass. This should help you locate where the minibike is during gameplay as well as after a crash:
    o Minibikes that have been claimed by a player (by that player adding a padlock to that minibike’s parts menu) will appear on the minimap and compass to that player only
    o Minibikes that are unclaimed will appear to all players
    o This can be toggled on or off in the game settings for local and private games

* When “On,” Minibikes that have not been claimed by a player through use of a Padlock will be visible to all players on the Map.

[EDIT: For those asking, the minibike Icon will work for bikes already in the world. If the bike is stuck below ground it will get an icon and you can dig it out. However if the bike was lost entirely from a crash, this fix will not make it reappear. It will only help losses in future crashes - Clare]

Gameplay

* Fixed an issue that was causing some POIs to change into other POIs after reentering a game session

* Fixed an issue that was occasionally causing Minibikes to vanish after a crash

* Fixed an issue that was causing a small group of zombies to spawn suddenly at a POI the first time a player would approach it

* Fixed an issue that would cause the number of items to craft input box to be rest when crafting multiple stacks of quickly created items

* Fixed an issue that was preventing signs from being picked up once they had been dropped

* Fixed an issue that was causing food to not increase fullness

* Fixed an issue that was allowing Pipe Bombs and Dynamite Sticks to be able to be used infinitely if exploded while in the player’s hand

* Fixed an issue that was causing all words on signs to be censored upon disconnection of an Ethernet cable

* Fixed an issue that was preventing players from interacting with signs when they were placed above doors

Art/Audio

* Fixed an issue that was preventing the Animal Hide Leg armor from being displayed on the character model

* Fixed an issue that was causing the SFX of automatic tools to loop when they were switched out mid-use

* Fixed an issue that was causing the AK47 SFX to loop upon its first time being fired

System/Stability

* Fixed a crash that would occur upon the host restarting a game session when too many client signs had been placed

* Fixed an issue that was allowing gas cans to be smelted and (in the case of a large stack being added to the smelter) causing long hitches

* Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when a user would mash B/Circle and A/Cross in split screen multiplayer

* Fixed an issue that was causing an unresponsive state when rapidly dismissing connection error messages in the Continue Game menu

* Fixed an issue that was causing the game to enter an unresponsive state if a client’s joining process was interrupted

The wait for Patch 8 is almost over! We hope you are all as excited to get your hands on this as we are to be releasing it.
    Last edited by Clare; 03-13-2017 at 03:27 PM.

Refugee
    AWESOME !!!! THANK YALL lol been checking everyday

Tracker
    I see there is no new content.....bummer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr8liner View Post
    I see there is no new content.....bummer
    The minibike fix was worth the wait! Bravo!

Refugee
    ^^^ I agree lol and a icon WHAT !!!

Colony Founder
    i agree^^^

Scavenger
    Underwhelming but good job.

Colony Founder
    Great news!

Mannn, no new content. Icon is cool for people who use minibikes. I heard this took two months. Id say that some of the bugs was really hard to find. Heres to hoping theres content in next patch.

Wow....thats it? no new content? *sigh* How about catwalks or the ability to build on trees or some skills balancing? thanks for the bug fixes at least. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Eddyjr2008 View Post
    Mannn, no new content. Icon is cool for people who use minibikes. I heard this took two months. Id say that some of the bugs was really hard to find. Heres to hoping theres content in next patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by aceguy7 View Post
    Wow....thats it? no new content? *sigh* How about catwalks or the ability to build on trees or some skills balancing? thanks for the bug fixes at least. :/
    Clare just said up above that these notes are not comprehensive. Also the minibike icon on the map is for sure a new feature and one that the PC crowd will be quite jealous of since they've been asking for that since the bike was first introduced.

So make sure you tweak their noses about it

Community Moderator MutilatorJuice's Avatar
    Yayyyyy!!! Thanks team

Refugee
    Wow..thanks for the minibike icon, waited a month and a half for that and no new content. Not even a drawbridge or the ability to make lights...how about expanding the workshop, throw us some kind of new content bone. Oh well, guess I'll check again in two months

It's actually been 6 weeks - I know that might not make a diff to some of you guys, but I just want to to be clear about the time scale.

Tracker
    I just took my minibike apart and put it in a box. Never lost one since I started doing that.