Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [03/10] Message from the Team - Patch 8 in Submission (Notes Included)

Refugee
    I'm still holding out for the fix to let me play multiplayer with my friends lol!!!! But this is a good patch. Thanks guys!

Refugee
    does this mean im gona have like 20 mini bike icons on my game?? and no md5 fix then great..

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Clare just said up above that these notes are not comprehensive. Also the minibike icon on the map is for sure a new feature and one that the PC crowd will be quite jealous of since they've been asking for that since the bike was first introduced.

So make sure you tweak their noses about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    It's actually been 6 weeks - I know that might not make a diff to some of you guys, but I just want to to be clear about the time scale.
    That is true Roland, I read that but shoulda paid more attention before I said that. Minibike icon is definitely cool for those who use one. I guess I shoulda said that with what is contained in the patch notes presently. ,like on this post here, there is not any content that Id use. But like u said, its not comprehensive.

And sorry Clare, I didnt mean to mistate information. I shoulda checked for myself before saying it was 2 months. I jus remember reading someones post that said that but didn't look for myself. I know that sorta stuff can start an all out fit for some folks.

A lot of people are like on that garfield movie when it looks like he's made a hard journey and is dying and he is only at the end of his drive lol.
    Last edited by Eddyjr2008; 03-10-2017 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gstar View Post
    does this mean im gona have like 20 mini bike icons on my game?? and no md5 fix then great..
    The POIs replacing themselves with other POIs of the same type is an MD5 error fix as far as I know.

Refugee
    Good to see that I will no longer have my bike vanish without a trace. My question is will I be able to find my old bikes with all the gear I lost or am I out of luck?

Refugee
    Next question....
    After every update I have logged in either my base has regenerated or I lost gear i had saved in my world. Is this going to be a problem? Or do I need to distribute my gear around the world so I am not getting stuck out?

I'm the one that said 2 months, but it was just a rough guestimation because I wasn't going to a countdown of days and hours here. I had a crap week and today was the worst, then seeing the patch notes was kind of the cap off for disappointment. I still love the game and continue to play, but since I don't lose minibikes and haven't ever had my base rewritten, I felt defeated for a minute.

Well I think this is an excellent patch, its fixing so many stability issues, POI changes, Mini bikes, signs from the last patch, repeating sound loops etc...

Would seem wrong to try and put in new additions without getting the stability issues sorted first.

Hopefully this fixes a lot of the issues and thus paves the way for the new additions in patches to come.

Lets see how this address the current issues first, Sounds very promising to me.

Thank you team

My emotions are splitt between the things Silvenwolf and Funkinstein mentioned.

On one side i am happy about any fix to any problem as minor as it is.

But as someone like Funkinstein that rarely uses Minibikes or facing other major bugs, i am disapointed at the same time. For the few of us with near no problems and already near 500 ingame (some here even 1000+) days of Gameplay is new contend something we eagerly waiting for. that we have to wait another 4 to 8 weeks is very disapointing. I will play a view RL hours to help finding new bugs that always came with a new patch and than quitting again until patch 9 comes out. if thats without any or just one minor new content... even i will quit competely and come back in a year or two.

Reconstructionist
    So if turned ON will Mini Bikes lost show up on the map if it just teleported to a different location?

Refugee

2 sides..

Well i like the patch with fixes & all,
    But yeah i think like everyone dissapointed at the no new things added, it is like even it was only a update that u can do more, it hasnt needed to be much, even if it was like "a way to make your own beer" just saying.. it ment to alot of people that the game just added a little update in it with new things! I know the marker with your bike is a new feature but that is just a improvement not anything new to do.., anyway checking the game in other 6weeks! Claire still thankyou for the update and fixes! Ur team does a wonderfull job!

Refugee

Wow

Still don't see fixes for the many problems I still have

Quote Originally Posted by Ric Walker View Post
    My emotions are splitt between the things Silvenwolf and Funkinstein mentioned.

On one side i am happy about any fix to any problem as minor as it is.

But as someone like Funkinstein that rarely uses Minibikes or facing other major bugs, i am disapointed at the same time. For the few of us with near no problems and already near 500 ingame (some here even 1000+) days of Gameplay is new contend something we eagerly waiting for. that we have to wait another 4 to 8 weeks is very disapointing. I will play a view RL hours to help finding new bugs that always came with a new patch and than quitting again until patch 9 comes out. if thats without any or just one minor new content... even i will quit competely and come back in a year or two.
    Honestly, thinking that you are only going to have to wait 4 to 8 more weeks for some Alpha 15 content is probably still setting yourself up for disappointment. Its possible but very unlikely. The next patch is most likely going to be focused on fixes again. Coming back in 6 months to a year might be the best course of action for those who are already bored with current content. I know it is disappointing but there are a lot of features in A15 that PC gamers are playing with that are still unfinished features. They are in their very first iteration and haven't been fully developed. TFP and Iron Galaxy are going to fully vet features before porting them over. The console is not an alpha product so you guys aren't going to get all of the work in progress versions of each feature. In most cases you are going to get the final version after it has been tested and tweaked and developed on the PC for at least a few iterations. I'm trying to be straight with you and anyone else who have unrealistic timelines in their heads.

The model is NOT 1) Introduce a new feature on the PC and then 2) port it over to console in the next console patch. In addition, all focus right now is still on getting the game to a state where it was intended to be when it launched for the largest percentage of the player base as possible. So while there are some who are feeling burnt out on all the game currently has to offer, there are others who have not been able to get lit in the first place and the emphasis is on helping the ones who haven't been able to play at all rather than to help those with 200 hours get to 400 hours of playtime with some new toys.

EDIT: Also just wanted to point out Ric, that I thought your post was very level-headed and fair and I'm mostly just using your comment as a way to say these things to the whole community so please don't think I'm scolding you or anything.
    Last edited by Roland; 03-11-2017 at 01:44 AM.

It's totally understandable. Disappointing, but understandable.

Definitely. I understand how the updates work, like pc features have to be completed or be worked on some b4 it comes to console. Its all in that video madmole posted about it and in the one sticky post. I was happy when I saw that we got signs cause that was summin I wanted. I will always look forward to patches and think maybe theyll be content even summin like the sign jus because I like the game and hope for it. It came out on June 28, 2016 exactly I believe. Thats 254 days. Just wished the bugs would stop for people so we could get past that phase and everyone could enjoy the game that cant, still after all this time. Not too much time has went by jus wished bugs was gone.