Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 101

Thread: [03/10] Message from the Team - Patch 8 in Submission (Notes Included)

  1. #31
    Nomad Ric Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    390
    Rep Power
    1
    I know very well how game devellopment works and i know that most of the time people have unrealistic conceptions of time.

    But there are some stuff on the current version that dont have bugs or would be diffcult to port/implement. Or do you remember any issues with the drawbridges or new cooking recepies, the farming?

    And i Totally agree with you that the first Priority of a gaming Company should always be fixing problems.
    But after more than half of the year all "new" since the release of console version was cosmetics (lightning and shades, draw distance, new textures, and now minibike icon)

    As i said: those who are playing this game since that release are disappointed because the lack of new content for them.

    What i am accusing the decision makers is the priority of new content and (TFP not included) the lack of comunication with the community. This is the only place we console players can share our thoughts, our wishes and our frustration (which i am sorry that TFP has to get the steam for it (hope you guys can deflect it to TT and IG that deserve it)).

    Is it that difficult to communicate with the players Roland? I am blaming recently a lot of gaming companys for not comunicating with their Players. (you guys are a leading example of good behaviour and a model to other companys in this regard)

    is it so difficult to make some polls what the community wants most? What is the greatest bug problem? What should be added next?
    Or simple questions like: What is the thing you think the game lacks? What do you think about the story of the last DLC? and so on.

    Is it really that difficult? Am i just a guy with unrealistic points?

  2. #32
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    99
    Rep Power
    0
    @Ric Walker
    I see it like you.
    I highly appreciate the fixes and the Minibike icon, but for 500+ hours Veterans of the game, it's disappointing.
    At least for me it's not enough to keep playing, my games-backlog is huge so i'm going to check here for a new update every once in a while and that's it then.

  3. #33
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    1,948
    Rep Power
    1
    one of the biggest complaints cince june has been the mini bikes and to see them getting fixed is a good thing. as much as id like new stuff you can't build a new house on a rotten foundation. fix what you already have before you add anything new. they fixed the lights and the grass. this fixes the bikes and sound loop. im verry happy with the progress. the game is far better then it was in june.

  4. #34
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    207
    Rep Power
    1
    I for one appreciate each and every patch and yes I must say I'm guilty of getting my hopes up for some new content but have been happy with what we been given so far. Technically they really don't have to give us distant terrain, signs, minibike icon. They could just update with bug and crash fixes and call it a day.
    I'm excited to finally be able to use my AK47 I've been slowly building in hopes they'd fix that damn loop bug, by the way is the SMG included in that fix too?

  5. #35
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Great!

    Me and my friends are having such a good time! We love this game. Thank you for any patches and I'm thankful to have such a great game that's being tended to by its devs. Thanks again!

  6. #36
    Ranger Mregomies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Desert, wasteland or in small burnt village
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    0
    All I want right now are drawbridge and workbench combine. Those would be game changer! If you have ton loads of low level stuff and want to combine like in PC version... and drawbridge!? So many new ways to build the ultimate base

  7. #37
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    0
    I highly doubt the people who haven't been able to play this game at all stuck around this long to finally be able to play it. I've never used the mini-bike due to the bug it has and if it has indeed actually be fixed then that will be something I'll look into trying out. About the main fix I'm happy about here is the input reset, and I haven't even experienced it, just glad I get to skip it. For everyone waiting for A15, just get into something else. The chances of TT investing anything more beyond stock content seem low based on the activity around this game. Its only been getting worse, etc, etc. Cool some bugs got fixed, maybe. How many times have I read a bug was fixed that actually wasn't, sorry for the skepticism but even if all notes are accurate its still underwhelming. Hopefully the funding for this game on console continues because I've enjoyed it but I can't be bothered playing a sub-par version just because a publisher likes to make excuses about how console players deserve "fully functional content". I guess all of the bugs that we've been plagued with up til now were just in our imagination eh? Let this last statement be clear that I'm thinking in the minds of PR and not my own, no I don't believe we deserve anything. I would cherish the opportunity to get buggy content, having a game that evolves as you play it and continually improves is a much better experience than playing a game that lies stagnant for half a year. The console community is not what it once was, most people on console are definitely much more lenient/tech savvy than they once were and if companies would take advantage of these facts instead of coddling their consumers out of fear it would make for a stronger community surrounding those products and companies.

  8. #38
    Fun Pimps Staff Gazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    In your brains. Thinking your thoughts.
    Posts
    9,174
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mregomies View Post
    All I want right now are drawbridge and workbench combine. Those would be game changer! If you have ton loads of low level stuff and want to combine like in PC version... and drawbridge!? So many new ways to build the ultimate base
    Just as an example - the workbench combine is one of the unfinished features Roland was talking about.
    It works but is very much unbalanced. =)

  9. #39
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0
    Hey Clare! Very excited about the patch. The game is good as it is, and these bug fixes should make the gameplay 10x better. My question is - if there are minibikes on the map that we have misplaced/ lost because we got taken off during a crash, will we be able to see those?

  10. #40
    Zombie Hunter
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Inside the blackness of my skull, uh where is the way out?
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jbomia2 View Post
    I for one appreciate each and every patch and yes I must say I'm guilty of getting my hopes up for some new content but have been happy with what we been given so far. Technically they really don't have to give us distant terrain, signs, minibike icon. They could just update with bug and crash fixes and call it a day.
    I'm excited to finally be able to use my AK47 I've been slowly building in hopes they'd fix that damn loop bug, by the way is the SMG included in that fix too?
    Clare told me in another thread that she had checked with the dev team and the loop fix shold cover all tool and auto weapons plus the panting SFX glitch that can loop too

  11. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    0
    Dissapointed, but it's better than nothing. No additional content due to patches.. no surprise there.. still waiting for the weather/Clothing to stop breaking immersion . Ex: full body iron armor guy cooler than tank top and jeans guy, etc. . Desperate for content in 7 days to fry



    Quote Originally Posted by Istdet View Post
    I highly doubt the people who haven't been able to play this game at all stuck around this long to finally be able to play it. I've never used the mini-bike due to the bug it has and if it has indeed actually be fixed then that will be something I'll look into trying out. About the main fix I'm happy about here is the input reset, and I haven't even experienced it, just glad I get to skip it. For everyone waiting for A15, just get into something else. The chances of TT investing anything more beyond stock content seem low based on the activity around this game. Its only been getting worse, etc, etc. Cool some bugs got fixed, maybe. How many times have I read a bug was fixed that actually wasn't, sorry for the skepticism but even if all notes are accurate its still underwhelming. Hopefully the funding for this game on console continues because I've enjoyed it but I can't be bothered playing a sub-par version just because a publisher likes to make excuses about how console players deserve "fully functional content". I guess all of the bugs that we've been plagued with up til now were just in our imagination eh? Let this last statement be clear that I'm thinking in the minds of PR and not my own, no I don't believe we deserve anything. I would cherish the opportunity to get buggy content, having a game that evolves as you play it and continually improves is a much better experience than playing a game that lies stagnant for half a year. The console community is not what it once was, most people on console are definitely much more lenient/tech savvy than they once were and if companies would take advantage of these facts instead of coddling their consumers out of fear it would make for a stronger community surrounding those products and companies.
    Agreed. Only here due to my love of the genre, but the content is so underwatered(normal for this gen) it's hard to bare. The 4 to possibly 8 in the future player lobby thing, there's a lot making this a bump in the road on the way to h1z1 or something more immersive. It has potential but its starting to seem like something else, not a mainstream zombie survival title that'll give you the experiences of roleplay immersion dayz or h1z1 can naturally, (No) h1z1 and dayz aren't the greatest thing ever, but they're hitting the nail.) I see why the trailer is live action and showing pc gameplay though, lol.

    Better have patched this SMG :/

    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Clare just said up above that these notes are not comprehensive. Also the minibike icon on the map is for sure a new feature and one that the PC crowd will be quite jealous of since they've been asking for that since the bike was first introduced.

    So make sure you tweak their noses about it
    Dude lmfao, its like talking to children . Yeaaaa pc has a ♥♥♥♥ ton of real content , i would lmfao if i was pc and saw Daddy Roland consoling the masses. I doubt too many will be distraught about a bike icon. Nice try Daddy Roland, you do this often lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by GotCrowkiller View Post
    Next question....
    After every update I have logged in either my base has regenerated or I lost gear i had saved in my world. Is this going to be a problem? Or do I need to distribute my gear around the world so I am not getting stuck out?
    This is bs.. I'm going to want another free Bslap to the devs if this game does anything to my base or items .
    Last edited by Rouskei; 03-11-2017 at 11:58 AM.

  12. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zslayem22 View Post
    ^^^ I agree lol and a icon WHAT !!!
    Lol at this excitement

  13. #43
    Tracker K-Lude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    233
    Rep Power
    1
    Dope. I don't use the minibike often, but having an icon for it will definitely come in handy. Plus there's a couple other fixes here that will affect me... Thanks for the hard work y'all are still putting in

  14. #44
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    england
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    0
    id love it if the constant rain and storm in the burnt biome is fixed. even on my random gen world on xbox its just a barrarge of noise in that area. it drives me mental.

    i own both PC and xbox versions and love both of them. never lost a minibike but an icon to find it is a welcome feature and never had a base rewritten or do i play multiplayer so never seen many of the bugs people get. i dont expect any new content on console for a long time. im looking forward to A16 on pc and i know full well that Alpha will upset console players even more once its out. fortunately im in the position to experience it when it appears but many wont be. in my honest opinion i dont think an alpha build of a game should have been released as a finished game on console. it should have been put into the early access program on xbox but hey hoo... to late now.

  15. #45
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    1,948
    Rep Power
    1
    yep iron galaxy sucks. they have for years.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •