Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [03/14] Message from the Team - Patch 8 going LIVE today! (Notes Included)

[03/14] Message from the Team - Patch 8 going LIVE today! (Notes Included)

Greetings All!

Patch 8 should be going live today at around 12pm PST (That's 7pm for us GMT folks). Below are the notes in case you missed them and a message from the team.

The usual bit:
    - NOTES only apply to the fix DIRECTLY ABOVE them, unless otherwise stated
    - do NOT post bug reports below. They belong in the CONSOLE BUG REPORT section.
    - keep posts CIVIL and RESPECTFUL when discussing or giving feedback about the patch.
    - please keep the post ON TOPIC. This post is for the discussion of this patch ONLY.
    - I do NOT have further info on A15 features (check the sticky in General Discussion for all current info) or updates on MD5, Multiplayer issues and other fixes, when I have those updates they will get their own post.

------

7 Days to Die [Console]
    Release Notes
    Patch 8.0
    PS4 Version 1.11
    XB1 Version 1.0.11.0

Patch 8 roll-out begins today! In a matter of hours you’ll have all the bug fixes and improvements listed below. We hope you enjoy!

Bug Fixes and Improvements

* Minibike Map Icons – In this patch we tracked down the cause of minibikes disappearing after a crash and changed the way minibike data is saved in order to remove the chances of this happening again in the future. In addition to this, we are adding minibike icons to the map and compass. This should help you locate where the minibike is during gameplay as well as after a crash:
    o Minibikes that have been claimed by a player (by that player adding a padlock to that minibike’s parts menu) will appear on the minimap and compass to that player only
    o Minibikes that are unclaimed will appear to all players
    o This can be toggled on or off in the game settings for local and private games
    o When “On,” Minibikes that have not been claimed by a player through use of a Padlock will be visible to all players on the Map.

Gameplay

* Fixed an issue that was causing some POIs to change into other POIs after reentering a game session

* Fixed an issue that was occasionally causing Minibikes to vanish after a crash

* Fixed an issue that was causing a small group of zombies to spawn suddenly at a POI the first time a player would approach it

* Fixed an issue that would cause the number of items to craft input box to be rest when crafting multiple stacks of quickly created items

* Fixed an issue that was preventing signs from being picked up once they had been dropped

* Fixed an issue that was causing food to not increase fullness

* Fixed an issue that was allowing Pipe Bombs and Dynamite Sticks to be able to be used infinitely if exploded while in the player’s hand

* Fixed an issue that was causing all words on signs to be censored upon disconnection of an Ethernet cable

* Fixed an issue that was preventing players from interacting with signs when they were placed above doors

Art/Audio

* Fixed an issue that was preventing the Animal Hide Leg armor from being displayed on the character model

* Fixed an issue that was causing the SFX of automatic tools to loop when they were switched out mid-use

* Fixed an issue that was causing the AK47 SFX to loop upon its first time being fired

System/Stability

* Fixed a crash that would occur upon the host restarting a game session when too many client signs had been placed

* Fixed an issue that was allowing gas cans to be smelted and (in the case of a large stack being added to the smelter) causing long hitches

* Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when a user would mash B/Circle and A/Cross in split screen multiplayer

* Fixed an issue that was causing an unresponsive state when rapidly dismissing connection error messages in the Continue Game menu

* Fixed an issue that was causing the game to enter an unresponsive state if a client’s joining process was interrupted

Thank you, as always, for all of your continued support! It is a delight to develop for a community as dedicated as y’all. Enjoy Patch 8!

Refugee

Thank you

Thanks Clare for the info. Love this community and the staff. They work hard so we can play hard. Small changes that make a big difference at the end of the day.

Seems to me that the previous patch notes for patch 8 was pretty comprehensive. Hehehe. Lol. Nice stuff, I'm glad this'll help others play. I can try out the minibike now without fear of losing it which is pretty sweet. I have some of the parts but the others might call for Eddy Quest 3.0.

I hope this Eddy Quest is considerably shorter than your last ones.

Desert, wasteland or in small burnt village
    Omg! Livestream night!

Refugee
    I know you say you have no news about multiplayer issues, but when is there going to be a fix for people not being able to connect to eachother? its been well over 6 months now its getting ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    I hope this Eddy Quest is considerably shorter than your last ones.
    Haha. Me too Clare, me too. Im afraid to ever start a new game cause I finally got my garden up and runnin. Lol.

Hi Clare !!

Thank for this new update

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderlustKing6 View Post
    I know you say you have no news about multiplayer issues, but when is there going to be a fix for people not being able to connect to eachother? its been well over 6 months now its getting ridiculous
    I feel the same as you, however as has been stated in other topics, it is not an easy to find issue, the team have not been able to recreate it themselves, it seems to be an isolated problem, meaning the more information the people who are having the connection issue can provide on their setup (provider, up/down speeds, router, modem ect.) The sooner we will get a fix, so far i have provided all i can with the limited knowledge i have about electronics. I will try playing on this update as i have on every update that has came out to see if something else they fixed got lucky and fixed my connection problem

Refugee
    Did anyone get the patch

Refugee
    Yes i did

Refugee

Do have to re-start my game to for patch

Or it patches my games that I have started already

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarface69 View Post
    Or it patches my games that I have started already
    No need to restart with this patch, you can carry on with your current map(s)

Scavenger
    Does the minibike icon only show up if you're close to it? Of can you see one across the map?

Refugee
    Awesome! Please pass on my appreciation to the staffs.