Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: [03/14] Message from the Team - Patch 8 going LIVE today! (Notes Included)

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Obuthan View Post
    Ok....so some people are miffed at not getting the same level of game support as the PC version. I get that. I have this game on the PC and PS. It has been put out there often enough and the devs are working on updating the console version(s). Don't rage at them. It does nothing but make console players look juvenile.
    I really enjoy 7DTD, and I do mean both versions. The FunPimps are creating an awesome game and working hard to bring it to you (and me) asap. They (as far as I know) did not decide on what the console version was to be released as. That authority falls directly under TT games not TFP.
    If you really dislike the game that much. Don't play it. You aren't the only person waiting ( patiently) for the new content.

~Obuthan
    You are giving them to much credit the game came out in 2016 and in 2017 we finally got the mini bike fixed plus a icon to find it on the map amd it took them this long to finally put it into the game but people cant complain that they paid 30 bucks for the console version and 25 on pc please tell me why cant others complain about a game that yes it does get very boring yes the game is to easy and yes the game still crashes alot randomly

Its ridiculous how they over charge on the console systems and even more with the lack of updates for it.

As for the pc version they have full control support that isnt even added to the pc version only has partial support well can ♥♥♥♥ your game up if you try to play it with a controler due to the no mouse controler for the xbox controler

So far from what i been seeing on both versions of the game

Its no creativity no orignal ideals

No orignal weapons

The food in the game is pointless unless you only go after meat and pies the rest of the food has horrible states

Most of the zombies that was in the game for the xbox probably the ps4 was taken out for whatever reason and rather then keeping all of them together and just add to the game little by little there going to take out alot more

The lumber jacks are pointless to have in the game due to only seeing them in the sbow biome and they never come out on horde nights at all

Speaking of horde nights i feel like they couod do better and add more to them making it feel like you have plan better on your attacks and defensive or your done for

The weather system either needs alot of fixing or take it out completely it doesn't make sense to have a roof over your head when you still can get wet or cold even when your by a forge or campfire

This game has alot of potential its just to bad we wont ever see just how far that is going to come on such slow production

I would think multiplayer would be a big priority since 99% of it rely on it but obviously that isnt the case i havent had nearly as many crashes on the pc version but the xbox version its nearly impossible to play the game from morning to night real time without it crashing every 5 or 10 minutes sometimes longer sometimes shorter

Ranger
    I can't say that the console 7DTD doesn't have massive bugs. That is like saying the sky is green.
    Am I irratated that I bought a game that's so buggy: Hell yes. I just love having my game hang or crash......
    I don't play on the Xbox. I can't comment on that. But I'll take your word that it's messed up.

Of the two versions that I have. Which one do I play the most? The console. Why? Because I play with 3 other friends and totally love the co-op play. So I really do want to see something done to improve console play.
    With that said I know that with what I'm seeing on the PC forums there has been a huge shift in code for the game. Which means that small fixes to the console code is not 'small' in cost and time. They are going to have to rework large parts of the game engine for consoles from what I've seen. ( Ok. I'm not a programmer. I'm 20 years out from dabbling in that. So take my assessment with a bit of salt for those who are working hard core in those trenches)
    But honestly. I can't see a major improvement in the console until they go gold on PC. It's a matter of being cost efficient.
    Console are getting the short end. Again, I can't deny that point. What I'm saying is that there is no gains coming from picking up a plate of rotting zombie parts to point out "Look! This 'still' smells like an out house guys!
    They know it. We know it.
    Until they get firm code together that doesn't go sideways on them. We can't expect major improvements.

~Obuthan

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Glimpse View Post
    I don't often agree with BlueSnow but yeah, all said here.

The rad biome looks completely different from every other biome. There's no life there, AT ALL. And it's bright red on the world map.
    Wrong the transition isnt even visible especially next to a town and its a pain in the arse keep looking at the map, (In fact here's a free tip for DEVS let people study an atlas or something for option to have map on screen much like the way research for guns and mini bike books work) Anyway back to the rant if it was on screen then it wouldn't be so bad but its not. And how do you know if you can't even go 3 foot into the rad zone without dying it looks exactly the same as the biome i was in. its just a sudden wall. health damage instant death. I even tried to stand right before said wall to get my stuff out the bag and it would't let me and as soon as i enter health damage most of my health gone great take meds awesome try again health damage most of my health gone. Can you see where I'm going with this? I spent ages getting all the crap to build stupid mini bike just to lose it with no hope of getting it back or the stuff I just managed to get. I'm not joking there was no warning before other than health damage death and no it did't look any different. And why does the character walk so damn slow? Who the hell would walk that slow in a zombie Apocalypse. I get it for when your being stealthy but not all the damn time.

Next rant: Has anyone seen 7 DAYS 2 DIE! (First Impressions) by frankie on youtube? 4 effin years ago!! What the hell happened, it looked awesome back then. Its now 4 years later and looks terrible a total utter downgrade wtf?? How can you explain that when machines are much much more better with increased graphical power but yet the game goes backwards

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by AWFULGAME View Post
    Wrong the transition isnt even visible especially next to a town and its a pain in the arse keep looking at the map, (In fact here's a free tip for DEVS let people study an atlas or something for option to have map on screen much like the way research for guns and mini bike books work) Anyway back to the rant if it was on screen then it wouldn't be so bad but its not. And how do you know if you can't even go 3 foot into the rad zone without dying it looks exactly the same as the biome i was in. its just a sudden wall. health damage instant death. I even tried to stand right before said wall to get my stuff out the bag and it would't let me and as soon as i enter health damage most of my health gone great take meds awesome try again health damage most of my health gone. Can you see where I'm going with this? I spent ages getting all the crap to build stupid mini bike just to lose it with no hope of getting it back or the stuff I just managed to get. I'm not joking there was no warning before other than health damage death and no it did't look any different. And why does the character walk so damn slow? Who the hell would walk that slow in a zombie Apocalypse. I get it for when your being stealthy but not all the damn time.

Next rant: Has anyone seen 7 DAYS 2 DIE! (First Impressions) by frankie on youtube? 4 effin years ago!! What the hell happened, it looked awesome back then. Its now 4 years later and looks terrible a total utter downgrade wtf?? How can you explain that when machines are much much more better with increased graphical power but yet the game goes backwards
    Don't like the game? Don't play it. No one is forcing you.
    Think I'll add you to my ignore list, rather than keep seeing your rants.

Community Moderator MutilatorJuice's Avatar

Lol it looks nothing like any other biome. It's musty green is so noticeable, I haven't set foot there since the first week I played. You may want to check your tv and reconfigure your colors because this rant is total bs. Everything you've stated just enforces that you simply weren't paying attention. Accept YOUR mistake and move on.

Thanks for the reinforcement damsel

Scavenger
    I had this happen to me in the past i drove into a rad zone and wasnt paying attention. It took me about 5 ingame days to come up with a strategy to get my bike back. It was lodge into a house and rubble. It turned out easy as hell and any one can do it. Just need healthkits 10 is a good amount andnyounjust heal as needed to get your stuff.

Refugee

Issue with padlock not working.

I made mini bike and put on padlock. I lock padlock but random was still able get on it ride it. I caught his or she trying to raid my base and chasing them with aka. Lucky for them the game crashed. I notice that my mini bike was move and it was set as lock. The game is random gen. Anyone else have this happen?

Community Moderator MutilatorJuice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xchevyxgirlx View Post
    I made mini bike and put on padlock. I lock padlock but random was still able get on it ride it. I caught his or she trying to raid my base and chasing them with aka. Lucky for them the game crashed. I notice that my mini bike was move and it was set as lock. The game is random gen. Anyone else have this happen?
    You're the first i've heard this happen to. You should make a post in the bug report section and list your game settings so they know.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Damselx1 View Post
    Don't like the game? Don't play it. No one is forcing you.
    Think I'll add you to my ignore list, rather than keep seeing your rants.
    Ok how about you give me my 30 back then huh

Maybe if you stop kissing A S S the game might get fixed

Oh and go ahead block me, continue to ignore issues you fool
    Last edited by AWFULGAME; 03-27-2017 at 09:29 AM.

I’m sure you are aware of how the retail / refund world works and that’s not on here.

Your complaint is not really valid, this is a survival game, you learn from mistakes and the Rad Zone is easy enough to spot with experience.

As for on screen map, It’s been well discussed in the past that we don’t want on screen maps, we actually want to keep screen clutter to a minimum, it’s not necessary or very immersive.

Maybe down the line an option to turn one off or on may come around, but there are other more important wants ahead of this.

No one is ignoring proper issues, there is no need to be rude about it and call people fools, nothing we can do when a player makes their own mistakes.

Zombie Hunter
    Inside the blackness of my skull, uh where is the way out?

So you cannot see the ground is speckled with green veins in the rock indicating radiation? Will admit that if you start off in a rubble biome its harder to spot but its not that hard. No live trees you see animlas go in the start to scream as their health drops.

As for the frankie1080 vids I do not agree, he had turned off the option that made it look like minecraft so instead everything looked lioke a warped minecraft all melted!

That said I remember thinking "look fun hope it comes to console and when I saw it on Amazon I pre-ordered it (something I almost never do) If you are this angry now god knows what you would have been like back on release when it crashed all the flipping time!

Legitimate complaints have their place here but you are coming across as a troll who is looking for trouble. Seen it all before on various forums for other games.

The map suggestion? I do not want a minimao that would just tank frame rate even more but some form of handheld map you could refer to? That is actually not a bad Idea, but they would prob get sued by the devs of Minecraft for doing it.

I'm pretty sure that any clarifications about the patch notes that might have been needed have all been given and digested and now this thread simply lingers on as yet another inappropriate place for people to post bugs that will never be seen by those who need to see them. For those who are convinced that there may be a bug rendering the radioactive zone impossible to discern from the playable biomes of the game please post in the bug section with some screenshots to illustrate your point and maybe if there really is a need something may happen.

The next few patches are probably going to continue the pattern of being focused on bug fixing with little in the way of new content. This does not mean the game has been abandoned or that new content will never arrive. It simply means that the original schedule for doing major content updates is being followed (After the PC game goes gold if you didn't know). So expecting big content is just going to set yourself up for disappointment. Resign yourself to bug fixes and be pleasantly surprised if something new and exciting crosses over from PC but don't expect it until after PC goes gold.

Stay tuned for when Clare opens a new thread for the next announcement about the next patch for console. If the pattern holds we should get it sometime in April and she will fill us in on the details when she gets them from the team. We are grateful for all the support we get from our fans and appreciative of the patience that many who are still experiencing showstopping bugs are giving to us.
    Last edited by Roland; 03-28-2017 at 05:48 AM.