Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Console port disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by open6l View Post
    This is what baffles me too. All these complaints about lack of updates and features. The game was sold as A14 feature complete. I don't recall ever seeing anything officially stated that there would be updates for an already finished feature complete A14 game. It sounds more like entitlement to me. Maybe console owners should stop watching the videos if they are to remain on the console build.
    That isn't what this thread was about.

OP was disappointed that 7DTD on PS4 was not up to par (in terms of features) with the PC.

Joel said himself the goal is to get the PS4 and PC to have as much feature parity as possible. I don't know how you can get any more official than that.

The 7DTD console edition isn't a feature complete A14 version of the game. There are many A15 features in the 7DTD console edition just not the actual game mechanic changing features (traders, etc). Distant terrain is an example of an A15 feature in 7DTD console.

I am not trying to gather people to get their torches and pitchforks and storm The Fun Pimps castle. I am just pointing out as a console 7DTD player the lack of information about 7DTD console is deafening. It all seems like an oversight when you see the level of communication coming from the team about the PC version. I get that the development is slower on the Console and I don't expect the same level and frequency of updates.

I don't think its asking too much to get information on a more regular basis like once per month. Some sort of update on what we can expect in the next patch. Maybe some info on the next 2 patches after that. Maybe they can tell us Feature X is going to run late and won't make the next patch. Right now we are in the dark until patch day.

Survivor
    Don't want to offend anyone, but what's the point of the console section of the forums here then ?
    As soon as someone points out any tiny bit of critic or something, then the reputation +1 crew comes out and says "go complain to TT and IG", "TFP are not in charge of the console version etc".

What's the point in offering this forum for console players, because TT and IG don't have one, then ?

Quote Originally Posted by DoucheVader View Post
    I don't think its asking too much to get information on a more regular basis like once per month. Some sort of update on what we can expect in the next patch.
    Oh, I actually agree.
    You're just asking in the wrong place. This is TFP forum.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnow View Post
    What's the point in offering this forum for console players, because TT and IG don't have one, then ?
    The point is that console players have a place to talk about the game.

If you want "official" information, go to the place that officially sold you the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    Your Xbox or PS4 hardware is about equivalent to an old Pentium Core 2 Quad CPU.
    Sly, I stopped reading RIGHT here.

While the PS4 and Xbox One are not the latest in CPU/GPU technology comparing it to Pentiums that topped out at 4 cores is just dishonest and only showcases your bias.

The hardware on these consoles should be sufficient to run the game the issue is going to be with the CPU but the additional CPU cores should help with the lack of CPU MHz. Some things could be offloaded to the GPU in some cases too.

Don't bother to respond to my comment you are not at all interested in a good faith conversation.

They redirect us here to the console section though Gazz. That's the reason so many complain here. TT and IG make us do it here and delete any posts we make on their other games forums. Kind of a shut up and go away kid scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

It's like that scene in Friday where Bigworm takes the kids money and doesn't give him the chili cheese Fritos.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Sorry but that has absolutely nothing to do with TFP.
    Any and all information regarding the console version and what's going to happen to it would have to come from Telltale. No exceptions.
    What Gazz said.

I'm sorry to hear this but no TFP staff can tell you anything that only Telltale is in control of.

Oh, I actually agree.
    You're just asking in the wrong place. This is TFP forum.
    Nope I am in the right place...

Forum > 7 Days to Die - Console > General Discussion > Console port disappointing

The point is that console players have a place to talk about the game.

If you want "official" information, go to the place that officially sold you the game.
    There are various places to talk about the game and that isn't my issue. I am speaking specifically about the way information is distributed about the console edition. I would like to see more regular updates about the console edition like they do for the PC edition.

Sony sold me the game via the PS Store. They don't have anything to do with the development of the game and I wouldn't expect them to have information regarding the upcoming game patches.

That being said if you go to Iron Galaxy's website you won't see any forums and such.

http://www.irongalaxystudios.com/

They likely don't have any support or public relations obligations in their contract to port the game from PC to Console. Obviously The Fun Pimps still have to support the Console editions and given they have a community manager for the console editions that works with The Fun Pimps and not Iron Galaxy I think it is safe to assume the ONLY place you will get information about 7DTD console is from The Fun Pimps.

I'm sorry to hear this but no TFP staff can tell you anything that only Telltale is in control of.
    I am not sure if this is 100% true. Obviously there is some communication between The Fun Pimps, Iron Galaxy and Telltale. When they do a patch we know a few days before hand. We will get a preview of a few of the changes. Why can't that happen on a monthly basis and provide us with a snapshot of what is to come for the Console edition?

This wouldn't be so apparent to us console guys if The Fun Pimps were not so robust with the level of information they reveal about the PC version on a weekly basis!

To me that is where the REAL delta exists, I have come to expect that the console port will require more time for patches. I don't see why it is necessary to keep the console folks in the dark all the time.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkinstein View Post
    They redirect us here to the console section though Gazz. That's the reason so many complain here. TT and IG make us do it here and delete any posts we make on their other games forums. Kind of a shut up and go away kid scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

It's like that scene in Friday where Bigworm takes the kids money and doesn't give him the chili cheese Fritos.
    Ok, good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkinstein View Post
    I don't think that is the case at all. Do you have any examples of threads being deleted?

IronGalaxy doesn't have any forums that I am aware of. Telltale's website is about games developed by TellTtle and not games published by TT. I highly doubt if Telltale would want to replicate all the features of The Fun Pimp's community and it only makes sense that all that information reside here.

Telltale steers you back to this forum for support.

https://telltale.com/support/article...-days-to-die-/

I think the message is, this is the only place you can post your complaints and there is nobody here who can provide any official response. Rock meet hard place.

TFP is in an unfortunate position. Their licensing deal with TT and IG apparently includes a) hosting the "support" forums for the console version of 7D2D and b) no avenue or leverage or channel through which TFP staff can actually support console players. Clare & Gazz are doing the best they can but it seems TT and IG are providing near zero assistance, and are not really of a mind to do more.

It's unfortunate for TFP because this place right here is a) the only place we have and b) plastered with TFP's name and logo. So all the frustration and perceived lack of support reflects mostly onto TFP, Gazz' understandable protestations notwithstanding. Some of us will appreciate the subtlety and put the burden on (the invisible) TT and IG, but many will just think, "well, TFP clearly loves PC players and hates console players."

Right or wrong (and it's wrong), that's how some people are going to react. An unfortunate position for TFP. If I were in charge at TFP I might get on the horn to TT and ask, "hey, can we get one of your or IG's people over on our forums once a month for updates?" Just to put a (virtual, text-only) face to the people really doing the work for the console version.

I have something similar to this arrangement where I work - I'm the customer-facing contact for a whole bunch of stuff I'm not actually responsible for. So when that crap goes south, it reflects on me and my team. And yet there is not much I can do to improve the situation.

Good luck, TFP peeps.

Scavenger
    So I'm confused then. Who is developing for the console version of this game? Everything I've read indicates it's TFC.

I think a great point has been brought up, and that's the communication. We have NO idea what is being worked on. The PC version of the game gets regular updates and knows exactly what is coming in A16. We don't know until patch notes

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Telltale games is the publisher, and they are developing it with Iron Galaxy. They consult TFP, and work with TFP on content and bug fixes. For the most part though, TFP's focus is on the PC, not the console.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    Telltale games is the publisher, and they are developing it with Iron Galaxy. They consult TFP, and work with TFP on content and bug fixes. For the most part though, TFP's focus is on the PC, not the console.
    Thanks for clearing that up. Unfortunately I think the only focus is on the PC version.

What we're seeing in this thread is often repeated in most games. When someone criticizes the game, other people feel the need to rise up and defend the game. The problem is, often times the people who are criticizing are people who really enjoy the game and want it to be more and know it can be more. I play both the PC and the console, but would rather play the console. 7DTD is such a unique game that it is a shame how they are missing some huge potential.

Please do misinterpret my complaints about the game with not liking the game. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't be here, I would have moved on.