Thread: UABE and Elder Scrolls Legends

Refugee

UABE and Elder Scrolls Legends

Hi there.

I am completely new to "modding" and have (or had) no idea what I am doing, after some google searching I ended up on this board and the UABE. I want some audio files, more specifically the voice lines of the cards in Elder Scrolls Legends. UABE seems to work with the game and with some luck I actually was able to get some audio files out of the resources.assets. The problem is I cant find the voice lines for the cards (when you play them), only the files like when you hit something or a card dies. The game folder has many assets files like sharedassets0.assets to sharedassets34.assets, and a file that just says file as type (which I could open with UABE to my surprise), but they all look the same (same content) in UABE except one or two. I think I have checked all of them and I cant find the voice lines. Now my question is, is it even possible to get them? Where the hell are those voice lines stored and how could I get them without being some reverse engineering genius or something? Feels like I missed something. I hope I am not on the wrong board but I don't know where else to ask and I hope someone can help me out here.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by jinXeD; 03-26-2017 at 12:22 AM.

Tracker
    I believe some of the resources in the biggest(or just some) resource files are just pointers (addresses) of the actual files in the other resource files. Or something like that. It might not solve your problem, but may help you figure it out.

UABE also opens the dependencies of the .assets files, which in many cases contains resources.assets and many sharedassets. The mainData or globalgamemanagers and the levelX files all are .assets files, they just aren't named with the .assets extension.

If the voice data isn't in the .assets files, it most likely is in bundle files or in separate sound banks (both usually are in the <GameName>_Data\StreamingAssets folder). Some games use WWise .bnk sound banks which aren't supported by UABE as they aren't Unity files.