Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 Days Mod

100 Days Mod

Click Here to Download

Version 1.4 for Alpha 15.2b8
    Latest release: May 21, 2017

Greetings everyone,

As a long time modder/player of 7dtd, I have decided to try to give back to the game community by releasing the mod that I have been using ever since it was possible to mod the xml files. This mod is a work in progress and is constantly evolving. The work is all mine, but some things are inspired from other 7dtd mods or other games. I have not used any outside code for this mod, but do use a custom GUI for my private server version. The mod is 95% finished as I have been using it for a long time. I just need to package it up and make it downloadable. It does require custom icons.

What's in the mod?
    The mod revises just about every aspect of the game from buffs to items to recipes. I'll try to post a more detailed list, but for now will focus on the major areas of the mod.

Part I - Buffs, Crafting Stations and Food

Buffs:

Sleep/Rest system: Beds, bedrolls and mattresses now are required to periodically rest to prevent fatigue and sleep deprivation.

Cuts: It is now possible to get cut when fighting Zombies or other animals. Cuts are treated using sterilized bandages which can made made with cloth and hydrogen peroxide, grain alcohol or aloe cream. If a cut is not treated it will eventually become infected and then gangrene can ultimately set in which can kill the player if left untreated.

Speed boost/slowness: Running on asphalt roads now yields a speed boost while trying to run in sand or snow slows down the player.

Sickness System: Spend too much time in the cold and get wet and you will eventually get sick. Simply getting wet will not hurt the player unless they become cold as well. Getting sick can be treated with chicken soup, soup or goldenrod tea. This is still a work in progress as I may add additional progression to this buff.

Soda stamina boost: You will find cans of soda/pop in the world and will get a stamina boost when drinking it.

New Crafting Stations and changes to existing Crafting Stations

Kiln: The kiln requires the pottery perk and allows the player to make clay molds, bricks, brick blocks, clay blocks and glass items. The Kiln requires a casting mold, brick mold and an empty jar mold as tools.

Forge: The forge requires the smelting perk and basically acts as a smelter. Some metal items are still made with the forge but many are now made at the anvil. The Forge requires a crucible, casting mold and an arrowhead mold as tools.

Campfire: The campfire now acts as a basic cooking station. More advanced items will require an oven/stove. The campfire requires a stick, skillet and a cooking grill as tools.

Workbench: The workbench remains the all purpose crafting station and gets 3 additional tool slots. The workbench requires tools, a wrench, a clamp, a concrete trowel, tool and die set and a sewing kit as tools.

Cooking Station: This is an oven that is used to make pies, baked potatoes, stews and other items. It requires a cooking pot, a baking pan and a beaker as tools.

Cement Mixer: The cement mixer is used to make concrete, mortar and fertilizer. It requires a bucket, concrete trowel and an iron shovel for tools.

Chemistry Station: The chemistry station now requires a beaker, mortar and pestle and a retort as tools. It remains pretty much the same from a crafting standpoint.

Ammo Crafting Station: The ammo crafting station is where bullets and shotgun shells are made. All explosive devices are also made here as well. It uses a reloading press, calipers and a scale for tools.

Fletching Log: The fletching log requires the fletching perk and allows the player to make stone arrowheads, arrow shafts, plastic fletching and the different arrows and bolts. It uses a knapping stone, hunting knife and glue as tools.

Carpentry Station: Most wood items are made at the carpenters station. Wood frame items do not require this crafting station but require nails instead. The carpenters station uses a plank saw, hammer and an adobe mold as tools.

Anvil: the anvil has moved out of the forge and is now a standalone workstation. Iron and steel tools are made at the anvil as well as other metal items. It uses blacksmith tools, but has the ability to use 2 additional tools. I have the crucible and casting mold assigned as placeholders.

Cooking Counter: This is an experimental work station where non cooked food items could be made. Salads, drinks and other misc. food items could be made here. It currently uses a chopping block and a mixing bowl as tools with the hammer acting as a placeholder.

I have worked hard to give each of the new crafting stations a unique look to make them as realistic as possible.

New Food Items

Bear meat returns in the 100 days mod along with some new food items. I have removed boiled meats as I have never really used them, but they can easily be added back in. I have created a boiled bear meat item as well. Chicken is another new meat and comes in both charred and grilled forms. You can also use it to make chicken soup. The pig also gets the addition of raw bacon which can be cooked and also used to make bacon and eggs. The traders also are known to sell jerky as well. I have also added a raw jerky item that can be added to allow the player to make jerky.

On the foraging side of things, you will now be able to find wild berries, wild onions, taproots, carrots, parsnips and kale in the different biomes. These are objects that you have to manually harvest and are assigned to different biomes. You can also find raw honey when chopping down trees. The vending machines and traders also sell chips, canned carrots, beans and corn.

This is all for Part I. I'll cover harvesting, block progression and new items in Part II.
    Last edited by Cork55; 05-21-2017 at 07:03 PM.

Part II - Harvesting resources, block progression and new items

Harvesting Resources

Trees: Trees now yield more than just wood. in addition to wood you will now get sticks, branches, wood logs, empty bird nests and raw honey. You have to completely chop down the tree to receive some of these items. These items are used as follows:

Wood Logs - Can make wood and fire wood from wood logs. Fire wood is the best fuel item in the mod.

Sticks - Used to make arrow shafts, wood ladders, splints and other items.

Branches - Used to make stone tools, wood clubs, sticks and wood handles.

Empty Bird Nests - These give 30 feathers.

Raw Honey - Can be bottled and used for making first aid bandages.

Bushes/dead trees: These yield wood, sticks and an occasional branch.

Boulders: in addition to the regular iron, lead and potassium nitrate, you can also get sulfur and high quality metal while mining these.

Sulfur - Once in powder form is used to make gun powder.

High Quality Metal - recently added item which may be used for high end tools.

Dirt: You will sometimes dig up more than just dirt while digging away. Items that can be unearthed include taproots, broken glass and bones. Taproots are edible.

Embers: Embers now give charcoal when destroyed. Charcoal when crushed is used to make gunpowder.

Wood Blocks: You can get wood, sawdust, nails and plywood. Sawdust, nails and plywood are bonus resources and have much lower chances of being harvested.

Sawdust is used to make wood pulp which is then used to make paper.

Plywood is unused at the moment.

Burnt Wood Blocks: You can get wood, nails and charcoal.

Reinforced Metal Wood Blocks: You will get wood, scrap iron, rivets and metal bracing.

Metal Bracing is used to upgrade Reinforced Wood blocks.

Rivets are used to repair Reinforced Metal Wood blocks. You can also get these from the iron in the wasteland biome.

Block progression

Wood: Wood Frame ---> Wood Block ---> Reinforced wood block ---> Metal reinforced wood block

Pretty much the same on the surface but the difference is in the upgrading and repair. Wood frames require nails to make, wood planks are required to upgrade wood blocks and metal bracing is required to upgrade reinforced wood blocks. Nails are required to repair reinforced wood blocks and rivets are required to repair metal reinforced wood blocks.

Scrap Iron: Scrap Iron Frame ---> Scrap Iron Block ---> Reinforced Scrap Iron Block

Works the same as vanilla at the moment.

Concrete: Concrete Form ---> Concrete Block or Rebar Frame ---> Concrete Form ---> Reinforced Concrete Block

I have been working on making concrete block use the same construction method as reinforced concrete where you craft a wooden form, fill it with concrete and then wait for it to cure. So far i have the regular block form and the ramp form done. I need to do the corners and the pillars to round out the new system. Concrete is repaired with mortar and reinforced concrete requires iron rebar for repairs.

Bricks: Brick is stand alone and requires bricks and mortar for repairs.

Steel: Steel Blocks ---> Polished Steel Blocks

Same as vanilla.

Cobblestone and Adobe are also the same as vanilla.

New Items

I have added many new items to the mod. These do require custom icons. There are too many to list, so i will list some of the different types.

1. New medicines
    2. Boxes of ammo and nails
    3. New food items
    4. Return of sticks, stone arrowheads, sharp stone, gun powder charges, wood planks and leather and metal strips
    5. New beverages - Bone broth, chicken soup and soda
    6. New bonus resources - empty nests, charcoal, sulfur
    7. New harvestable food items - wild berries, taproots, onions, carrots, parsnips and kale
    8. Spyglass item and spyglass schematic
    9. Seperate engine parts and small engine schematic
    10. Animal specific items - bear meat and hides, deer antlers, rabbit fur, bacon and chicken
    11. New tools
    12. New food items - Chips, jerky, fried potatos, fried eggs and MRE's
    13. New crafting components - twine, branches, metal braces, rivets, mortar, iron rebar, quality feathers, wood handles and bricks
    14. Birch seeds for growing Birch trees
    15. Recipes that need to be found before certain foods can be cooked

The above list is a general summary. There are additional items that I am sure I forgot to include.

Part III will discuss changes to the zombies, biomes, loot and other misc. items
    Last edited by Cork55; 04-01-2017 at 05:38 PM.

Part III - Zombies, Biomes and the rest

Zombies

The following changes have been made to zombies:

1. Zombie walk speeds have been slightly reduced.

2. Most zombies now use 2 different walk types so you will now see crawling and walking Spider Zombies for example.

3. Some zombies have a higher chance of certain buffs versus others. The larger zombies will stun easier while the Nurse and HazMat zombies have a greater chance to infect the player.

4. Certain Zombies do higher damage against certain blocks. Burnt Zombies do more damage against wood while the bigger zombies do more damage against the higher level blocks.

5. Some zombies have unique loot items.

6. Zombie corpses stay around longer and degrade once to the skeletal corpse block.

7. Zombies will attack blocks first instead of doors.

8. Some zombies only spawn in certain biomes.

9. Head shots will do more damage against zombies in general.

Biomes

The following changes have been made to the Biomes:

1. Blueberries, Snowberries, Goldenrod, Mushrooms, Cotton and Chrysanthemum have all been assigned to a specific biome and are harder to find. this places more emphasis on growing them. Aloe and Yucca amounts have also been reduced in the desert.

2. The new food items (wild berries, onions, carrots, parsnips and kale) have also been assigned to specific biomes.

3. Animals have been assigned to specific biomes with a bit of overlap. You wont see any bears in the desert or chickens in the snow. If you live in the snow and need feathers, you can try to cut down trees in hope of find an empty bird nest.

Speaking of Animals, the Zombie Bear has been turned into a Black Bear so that each forest biome has it's own bear.

4. I have added various decorations to all the biomes so you may find a piece of drift wood in the snow or one of the partially standing houses from the wastelands in the plains.

5. The temperatures have been tweaked a bit in an attempt to better model the different biome climates.

The rest...

I'll post random mod items in this section so i don't forget too many things.

1. Workstations are not harvestable. I did not like this addition, but it can be modded back in very easily.

2. All food item values have been tweaked and better balanced. Bear meat is the best food in the game with Bear Meat Stew being the single best food item.

3. All item burn times have been greatly reduced with the exception of coal and wood. I have also added Fire Wood which burns the longest with coal and wood being the next best. other items will burn, but not for very long.

4. The starter quest line has been changed. Plant fiber clothing, bow and arrows and wood blocks are out. The stone shovel and a generic resource gathering quest are in. Plant fiber clothing has been removed from the mod and replaced with tattered clothing which can be only found as loot.

5. Starting items now consist of a bottle of water, can of soup, candle and a first aid bandage. Keystone blocks are removed, but can easily be added back into the mod if desired.

6. All new items, blocks, buffs, etc should have a proper description abd icon where applicable. Let me know if I missed anything so i can add it.

7. I have done some work to the prefab rules in the RWG file in an attempt to give the various size settlements a bit more diversity. Stores will mostly be found in larger cities while the 4-way intersections most likely will only have a house or two and a bar or gas station. I have also included some of Tin's RWG tweaks since his work is very good. The result is that maps generally have lesser water on them.

The wilderness areas should also have a bit more prefab diversity instead of a ton of Ranger Stations and Forge Houses. They are still there, but hopefully in smaller numbers.

8. I have made a ton of recipe tweaks that consist of removing or adding ingredients to existing recipes and also adding quite a few new recipes.

9. The loot file has also had a lot of work done to it. Container sizes have been increased and also decreased to make them make more sense.

10. Traders have some "Trader Only" items for sale. They have Jerky for sale and also chain link fencing. It's very easy to add more as well.

11. When you loot the trash bags and corpses, they go "poof" when closed. This means that when you see one in the world, you know it has not been looted.

12. Stack sizes have been increased to make the game a bit more fun. This is done with no regard to realism and the values can easily be modified to whatever one desires.

13. Since wood frames now require nails to make, I have added a low cost wood scaffold block which can be used to reach high places. They work fine, but are very weak.

14. Since stone tools and the wood club require a branch, I have tried to make sure that each biome has fauna that can yield a branch outside of chopping down a tree.

15. Wood and Iron tables can be picked up like chairs. Be careful if you put a campfire on top of them. Don't be like me and continually grab the table which causes the campfire to fall and get destroyed. I have done this way too many times.

16. I have attempted to better balance the clothing insulation values to prevent the player from having to continually swap out clothing.

17. I have attempted to have everything in the game give something back upon destruction. I am sure that I have missed some items, so any feedback would be appreciated.

That's all i have for now. Feel free to play the mod, edit it for your further enjoyment or use certain parts of it for your own mod.

Upon further review, i would like to give credit to the following people as I do have some snippets of the work in the mod.

Red Eagle for his excellent Custom HUD. I use it and have included it with the mod. Like everything else, it is easy to remove for those who use a different HUD or prefer the vanilla one.

Tin and Haidrgna for their excellent RWG XML work. I have some version of their biome tweaks in the RWG file and like it so much, that I am including it in the mod.

Valmar and Sanguumrides. I discovered that I have been using the following UMA Zombies for a long time and forgot about them. I am not sure whos are whos, so I will just list them.

1. ZombieOldLady - Sanguumrides

2. ZombieRavager - Valmar

3. ZombieLumberjack - Valmar

I really like these 3 and using them has not caused very much lag. I'd use more, but the lag gets to be a bit too much.

I would also like to thank the excellent 7dtd modding community for being a really great group of dedicated modders. Keep on inspiring and coming up with great ideas.
    Last edited by Cork55; 04-02-2017 at 02:53 PM.

I think, this is the right Mod

just noticed this:
    http://imgur.com/a/thbf6

2 ALL categories in the trader. They are the same, just duplicate tabs

Looks great!

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Lumberjack is Valmar
    Oldlady is Sanguumrides
    Ravaged is Valmar

Mind you, none of us care about credit, but just giving ya the info.

Check sanguum's others, I think he is the most talented.
    Last edited by Guppycur; 04-02-2017 at 05:00 AM.

Thanks Guppy. I'll revise the info to give proper credit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lorax View Post
    just noticed this:
    http://imgur.com/a/thbf6

2 ALL categories in the trader. They are the same, just duplicate tabs
    I have seen the dual shopping basket icon as well. Not sure if it is a mod issue as I have not done anything to the UI other than to add Red Eagles UI mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Cork55 View Post
    I have seen the dual shopping basket icon as well. Not sure if it is a mod issue as I have not done anything to the UI other than to add Red Eagles UI mod.
    I actually rarely use the trader, so I cant say if this is an issue in vanilla or not. Maybe someone else would be able to speak to?

Ranger
    Love your Mod.
    -BarbedClub has an exception bug. changed repairtools from barbedWireSheet to metalStrips. now it works.
    -skillet is to rare. day 9 now and no skillet.
    - it would be cool if lumberjack has a chance to drop tool's for workbenches. toolshops are rare.
    - nearly 90% of the 00-town only are shotgunshops - may about 30 or so.
    - also it would be cool to have more prefabs. May you take them from War of the Walkers. They work fine.
    - the fighting pig is invulnerable

edit:

- it would be cool to have a "coal-fired power-" workstation, where you could produce charcoal out of wood.

continue to work. the mod is great!
    Last edited by narimbur; 04-03-2017 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by narimbur View Post
    Love your Mod.
    -BarbedClub has an exception bug. changed repairtools from barbedWireSheet to metalStrips. now it works.
    I have fixed the Barbed club and it will be in the next update.

-skillet is to rare. day 9 now and no skillet.
    Skillet and other tools now have a 20% chance of being found as loot. They previously had a 15% chance.

- it would be cool if lumberjack has a chance to drop tool's for workbenches. toolshops are rare.
    Lumberjacks do drop tools. they are a bit rare, but you can get them from them. Other zombies do as well.

- nearly 90% of the 00-town only are shotgunshops - may about 30 or so.
    I think I found out why this was happening and have hopefully fixed it.

- also it would be cool to have more prefabs. May you take them from War of the Walkers. They work fine.
    Any specific prefabs that you would like to see in the mod?

Can the Pig not be damaged?

- it would be cool to have a "coal-fired power-" workstation, where you could produce charcoal out of wood.
    How would this exactly work?

continue to work. the mod is great!
    See my replies above.

Version 1.1 is uploaded.

Fixes
    1. Excessive Gun Stores being spawned in Cities has hopefully been fixed.

2. Exception error caused by Barbed Club has been fixed. The culprit was the barbedWireSheet repair item which has been replaced with metal strips.

Changes

1. Bear spawns in the forest have been lowered to 5% from 15%.

2. Reduced extra hunting knives being found on Fat Zombies. They should only give 1 now.

3. Wood cabinets can now be repaired with wood.

4. Getting sick now can last for up to 72 hours and will cause the player to move 15% slower. Soups and Goldenrod Tea still cure it.

5. Wood Club now requires 5 wood and 1 small rock.

6. Barbed Club now required 1 wood club and 5 metal strips.

7. Beer Cooler now requires a car battery to power it.

8. The lower Fridge item now requires a car battery to power it.

9. All tools now have a 20% chance of dropping as loot. They can be found on certain zombies, in stores, cabinets, stoves, treasure chaest and at the Traders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqrWmpQsKNw
    Like this mod its cool and hard!
    Would be nice if the burning barrels where a heat source! (they are on fire should give off some heat)
    I also tried to change the GUI to SMX and some of the workstations stopped working, so i think you cann't change it without breaking something! (or i did something wrong)
    Branches i think there should be more but thats my own opinion. (lot's of thing require it)

Ranger
    Any specific prefabs that you would like to see in the mod?
    In the moment it's a bit boring to have always the same prefabs out of towns. Mostly burned houses and some normal.
    Have a look here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...Mod-(Overhaul)

He select some of the CompoPack prefabs, not all. But he changes the loot-tables, so you don't have all the empty boxes.

Ok yesterday I learned, you need the burning houses for charcoal to produce gunpowder. I don't understand why "normal" coal is not good enough for gunpowder?
    Also grassland now is more or less useless. Didn't found corn, and the coal I can find is for nothing. No receipt for it. So, with a little chance in ingredients a whole biom has no matter now.

it would be cool to have a "coal-fired power-" workstation, where you could produce charcoal out of wood.
    How would this exactly work?
    To get all the branches you need (only 1 if you lucky for a tree) you have a lot of useless wood. Also the change in gunpowder receipt from coal to charcoal makes coal useless. So if you have a working station to produce charcoal it would be fine. Put 1000 wood and fire it with 100 coal to get maybe 100 or 50 charcoal, than crush it with stone to get the ingredient for gunpowder. Something like this.
    It could looks like a forge i.e.

Can the Pig not be damaged?
    yes, I can't damage it. I also had a stag yesterday which I couldn't damage. But other I could. So I don't know what the problem is.