Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [04/08] Patch 9 in Submission (Notes Included)

Scavenger
    WOOOOHOOOOOO Always excited to hear about another update. Keep em comin' and good work team!!

Scavenger
    This is why I switched to ark on PS4. They actually add new content when they update it. I used to love 7d2d I literally would not play any other game but it has gone downhill fast. I hope one day I can go back to 7d2d but it seems like it is gonna be a long time from now.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by REDDEADVET View Post
    We've been getting boreing bug fixes month after month, I know it's hard to get stuff done, but the 7d2d console players are dying out cause of no new content, the game gets boreing fast, the community on Xbox was big at one point but now it's small cause the game is boreing with the exact same features after every update, please give us more then just bug fixes

if u actually read it were getting new content in the next update and would u rather have a game that doesnt work even wen they add new stuff or would you rather have a game that works properly before adding more stuff before that will then break the game even more i onow which one i would rather have

I really need to rss your posts clare.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maggot_8741 View Post
    This is why I switched to ark on PS4. They actually add new content when they update it. I used to love 7d2d I literally would not play any other game but it has gone downhill fast. I hope one day I can go back to 7d2d but it seems like it is gonna be a long time from now.
    Just to mention, ark is known for NOT fixing bugs and piling content onto a buggy mess. 7 days rather fix the problems, than add the content. Not fanboying here, just pointing out your attitude towards adding content to a buggy game is what is ruining the gaming market right now.

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy0330 View Post

- - - Updated - - -
    just pointing out your attitude towards adding content to a buggy game is what is ruining the gaming market right now.
    I think you're putting the cart before the horse there. it's the releasing of broken untested games and trying to get pre-order cash that is ruining the games market. while I can agree that adding content to a buggy game isn't wise, if they didn't release them in that state the problem wouldn't exist.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by REDDEADVET View Post
    We've been getting boreing bug fixes month after month, I know it's hard to get stuff done, but the 7d2d console players are dying out cause of no new content, the game gets boreing fast, the community on Xbox was big at one point but now it's small cause the game is boreing with the exact same features after every update, please give us more then just bug fixes
    Thats Mostly Due to the Fact that the Master Race" PC Players" are Crying about all of their "Content" getting put into Console, The Dev's are listening to them and holding our Content Back to Ease their Pain!

No Matter what they say about PS Network and Microsoft holding the content Back, it falls Back on the Developers trying to keep their main Player base happy while funding PC Upgrades with Console Sales...

Its nice to see a new Flower , and i think i saw a new size stone yesterday
    Last edited by MysteriousGT1; 04-09-2017 at 04:22 PM.

Refugee

- - - Updated - - -

Just to mention, ark is known for NOT fixing bugs and piling content onto a buggy mess. 7 days rather fix the problems, than add the content. Not fanboying here, just pointing out your attitude towards adding content to a buggy game is what is ruining the gaming market right now.
    If they wait to fix all the bugs in the Game before adding Anything into the Game, then that means we will have new content by the time 7 Days to Die 2 Comes out!

When you fix old bugs, new ones arise, it will continue like that forever...They are just Killing off the Shrinking Fanbase by doing what they are doing, Besides, they already Cashed in on us so what do they Have to Lose!

Looks like we just suck it up and find a new game
    Last edited by MysteriousGT1; 04-09-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Kick-ass! THE dog bug - I honestly thought they did that as intended. Now I'd like to see the Minibike hit top speeds instead of capping out at 10 MPH.

I haven't played in months guys, but it seems after next patch my girlfriend and I will be back in the Zombie killing madness!!

#Patch10HurryUp

Can't wait to see new features. *Crosses Fingers for Workbench*

Tracker

Finally !

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    * Fixed an exploit that allowed players to duplicate items using campfires
    Finally !
    Thank you Clare for this good news.
    This exploit turned the game from a survival game into a bloody zombie hunt as it allowed unlimited ammo (and unlimited steel for building static defenses).
    Since launch it was nearly impossible to watch a 7DTD game streamed (youtube, twitch, ...) without this glitch used over and over.

Note : This glitch was not mandatory for playing this game. As a proof, I earned the PSN platinum trophy without using it (nor any other, I just played the game legit).

Oh wait... hang on, I can tell you there are new features coming soon and I should have more details in the coming weeks! Sorry I don't have much more than that right now. Will do another announcement when I know more.
    Please can you keep us in touch (as soon as you have more details) if we need to start a new game in order to activate them (as in patch 5) or not ?
    (Just yes or no, it helps the real players to stick to the current game or to wait until the new features are implemented).
    Thank you very much.
    Last edited by irjvik; 04-10-2017 at 05:44 AM.

Great news...

This is really great news.. thankyou so much to everyone involved.
    7d2d is my life atm...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan724724 View Post
    Early This week as in the week between April 8 and 15 or the week after that? And I'm so glad that it came out can't wait for the next update, thank you guys so much!!
    Sorry for confusion, my week starts on a Monday, so I meant week beginning today 04/10

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousGT1 View Post
    If they wait to fix all the bugs in the Game before adding Anything into the Game, then that means we will have new content by the time 7 Days to Die 2 Comes out!

When you fix old bugs, new ones arise, it will continue like that forever...They are just Killing off the Shrinking Fanbase by doing what they are doing, Besides, they already Cashed in on us so what do they Have to Lose!

Looks like we just suck it up and find a new game

not entirely no, when you have game breaking bugs like md5 errors that wipes your playthrough, that's not something that just sneaks up. it's called a legacy bug, and needs to be fixed before content is piled on top of it. LOOK AT ARK. ark will forever be alpha. they can't fix the legacy bugs because of all the ♥♥♥♥ they piled on top of it. its the alpha trap, launch, people love it, than beg for content, so instead of making a GREAT working engine, with GREAT working delivery systems, they build a generic engine, slap generic assets into it and than make the delivery systems for the content AFTER the content is in and the legacy bugs are unfixable? makes sense.

sounds like the way good games work right? not at all. minecraft. worked on engine. got engine. added content. sucessful game to this day, even more so than 7 days, and will always be more popular BECAUSE it was released with a working engine, not excuses.

There's a website that watches every post a mod or staff makes... it's a little weird to remember that exists, but might help keep track of me!

Thats Mostly Due to the Fact that the Master Race" PC Players" are Crying about all of their "Content" getting put into Console, The Dev's are listening to them and holding our Content Back to Ease their Pain!

No Matter what they say about PS Network and Microsoft holding the content Back, it falls Back on the Developers trying to keep their main Player base happy while funding PC Upgrades with Console Sales...

pc development hasn't slowed down. its actually gottten faster, the alphas larger, and the alpha drops WAAAAY less buggier. gone are the days of having to wipe 10 times in a row after an alpha drops.

the fun pimps don't program the console version? or slow down console progression because a few people may be bent out of shape.

Here's a big surprise for you, pc players don't think about console, don't care about console, and couldn't care less if you have the same version we do. or we wouldn't play the same games.
    Did people not play fallout 4 on pc because console version was the same?
    you think the devs hate console players because "pc master race"
    the only time i've ever legit heard that phrase used was from console players talking about pc players.

why would you think it delays the console version for those reasons? why would the fun pimps split profit with a distributor, and another developer if they were doing it themselves?

I understand you are frustrated, but you really need to get your facts straight before you state them man. It console holding console back, not the devs. If you guys stopped buying 120-130 AAA pay to win games and put your foot down when it comes to the amoutn of control sony and Microsoft have over the platform, you'd get a lot better results.

that's why alpha games flourish on pc, but DIE on console.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a website that watches every post a mod or staff makes... it's a little weird to remember that exists, but might help keep track of me!
    sweet thanks clare!
    Last edited by skippy0330; 04-10-2017 at 08:55 AM.

I'd be interested to see your source for this info, because this is wrong. Dev's are not "holding back" content - there is a process in porting things to console, Madmole made a video about it, new items are sent over when they are ready. MS and Sony are not "holding back" content - they have an approval process, if everything passes, patches are released, if something doesn't it's sent back to the console team for adjusting and gets resubmitted (Don't want to jinx it but we've never had to resubmit a patch)

Please do not spread misinformation, and if you could link me to your source, I'd greatly appreciate it, as I would like to make sure everyone understands that this is not true.