Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Private Match Game Save Corruption

Thank you Jerm, I appreciate you taking the time to update me on this!

Refugee
    Hello again. Me and my buddy tried to again to play this game, and again after a few days of playing, when we tried to get back on the game he had no save of his character.
    I understand there are a lot of issues and complications. But for a game that is fully released the fact that my friends save files continue to corrupt is not good. Have there been any advances in this fix? My friend says that he hasn't been able to select a new character when he starts a new game since the very first time he played it. That's after two uninstalls and reinstallation. Thanks for all your hard work!
    Last edited by Jerm; 10-12-2017 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Additional Info

Hi Jerm,

The team are still working on the fix for the issue, some players were kind enough to send us on copies of their saves so we can attempt to replicate it as this issue is very difficult to trigger and we can also use their files to test any potential fixes. I unfortunately do not have more info then that, but I will ask the team and see if I can get an update.

Are you still playing the same save when this occurs? This bug can sometimes save into the save file itself and occur more than once.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by selecting a new character? Characters are cosmetic and can be changed in the options, but does your friend not see the option to choose appearance when starting a new save on their console at all?

Clare

Refugee
    We always start a new save file. We will delete the old file that currupted then will start a new one.

He says that when he goes to join a multiplayer private game, it doesn't give him the option to choose his character. I know at some point some characters were glitched so I didn't know if that was unusual.

Characters shouldn't be glitched anymore. Can you remind me what character he is stuck as?

Is he able to chose a character in his own hosted or single player games? It's odd the game is not reading his player ID and giving him that option. If possible could you ask your friend to create and join your game using another profile and see if the game behaves the same way - resetting when joining?

This is the only friend this happens to correct?

Refugee
    Hello Clare,

We tried to get him to use a different account and after a week it still lost all his progress. We played every other day, and everything was fine, his save was there. But as soon as we didn't play for like 3 days in a row it lost all his save as that different account. The new account let him pick his character and he plays as Miguel.

No this same issue has happened to another friend, he just doesn't play anymore. We have tried each person hosting a new game and it still does the same thing whenever we don't play for a couple of days in a row.

Thank you!

Refugee
    Hello Clare

I saw there was a new update today. I read the patch notes but since this is a relivively small issue I didn't know if you knew if anything had been done for our issue!
    Thank you so much!

Console Community Assistant Ro_7DTD's Avatar
    Hi Jerm,

Thanks for the update in regards to your issue. There was no mention of this issue being fixed in the patch notes. Unfortunately due to the time needed to fix each save corruption trigger I cannot give an estimated time for a complete fix. Can you confirm this issue is still persisting in your game even after the latest patch?

Cheers,
    Ro

Refugee
    Thanks for the response Ro, I have some friends in the gaming business so I understand these things are complicated fixes. I love the game and will stick with it till it can be fixed.

I'll have me and my buddy get on and test it. It usually deletes his save after about 3 days of not playing, so I'll let you know what we find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
    Thanks for the response Ro, I have some friends in the gaming business so I understand these things are complicated fixes. I love the game and will stick with it till it can be fixed.

I'll have me and my buddy get on and test it. It usually deletes his save after about 3 days of not playing, so I'll let you know what we find out.
    Thanks Jerm,

Please inform me of the outcome of your testing. For not wanting to sound like a broken record and reiterating what you probably already know, but clearing the cache after every playthrough may help decrease the amount of save wipes you experience.

Ro

Refugee
    I can confirm that the glitch still happens. I cleared the cache after every game and after a couple of days not playing it canceled his progress.

Refugee

Having the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm View Post

I have the same problem. Been trying to play the game but can't save the private games.

Hi Panzer3426,

Thank you for your bug report. Can you confirm your issue is one of your players levels is being reset to zero after 3 days of not playing?

Thanks,
    Ro

Refugee
    I'm on Xbox one and during a private game the non host players still lose their data after a few days. Been an issue for as long as I remember. Love the game but hate that I can't play with family since no-one like starting over...

Colony Founder
    I'm on ps4 and I can't really recall what my setting was but I used Glenn back around April. I never lost anything but I would blue screen all the time more then my friends in game. I probably didn't lose anything because the way ps4 saves the game. After some time I was reading somewhere that some characters would act up. So I switched to a different one and don't blue screen nowhere near what I did while playing with Glenn. Not sure if he has been fixed since then but back in or around April maybe March can't remember but he wasn't fixed.