Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 55

Thread: [04/21] Title Change and Clare-ification

  1. #31
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Hi all!

    So no doubt some of you will have noticed that my title under my username has gone from "Fun Pimps Staff" to "Console Community Manager". I wanted to take this opportunity to clarify my role.

    As community manager for the console, Im the contact between you and the Teams working on the game - TFP, TTG and IGS. Most of the time, Im monitoring what you guys are saying and thinking about as well as helping with bug reports from the Console Bug Report section and passing on community feedback about the game to the development teams.

    Some players have commented before, that they only get a response from me, but never hear from TTG or IGS. My original title might have been a bit confusing, as it make it seem like only TFP were responding. In actual fact, while I was labeled Fun Pimps Staff I was really 7DTD Staff and I'm technically a representative of the console development team. So when you get a response from me, it's a response from the console team as a whole as I am working on their behalf. So TTG and IGS are not ignoring console players or shifting responsibility - they are actually here, via me. Believe me, we discuss lots of bug and issues information, as well as regular updates on the community as a whole on a daily basis. Were highly engaged as we really care about the game and what you guys think.

    We wanted to keep this community together, rather than splitting it up, so adding a console section to the already established forums made the most sense. Some of you play Console and PC, some just one or the other but we're all in here enjoying the game together. This is why Console Support is being run from here. Not only can you report issues directly to me, but you're also posting publicly - I can't even count the number of times this community has gathered together on a bug and shared all their information to help squash it. We are very thankful for this! There's also a group of regulars (you know who you are) who help spread what they know when I'm not around - even about bugs they've never had! This is an awesome community and I wouldn't have it any other way.

    So, the following places, which some players have already contacted, will redirect here to the forum: IGS, TTG, TFP, Facebook Twitter and Reddit. This is where Support is run from and this is where I am. I wanted to be able to respond to everyone in time and not miss anything as well as keep all information public.

    I hope this clears up some confusion that's been floating around and if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer as best I can.

    Clare
    Few ideas or things you all have heard before maybe you could give us details on whats going on so far *deer animations...please they need help*more players if 8 is too hard maybe 6 weapon damage needs balanced a little bit *when is some of the pc stuff gonna make its way to us ie twisting single spikes upside down and higher fortifications for them and other things

  2. #32
    Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Michigan, out in the sticks.
    Posts
    8,601
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppasmurf89 View Post
    Few ideas or things you all have heard before maybe you could give us details on whats going on so far *deer animations...please they need help*more players if 8 is too hard maybe 6 weapon damage needs balanced a little bit *when is some of the pc stuff gonna make its way to us ie twisting single spikes upside down and higher fortifications for them and other things
    4 is apparently killing the hardware now. I do hope that they can make it 8 like the PC version, but as the consoles currently sit, they desperately need a hardware upgrade that the PS4 Pro and Scorpio did not bring to the consoles.

    Eventually Unity might get optimized enough, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

  3. #33
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    4 is apparently killing the hardware now. I do hope that they can make it 8 like the PC version, but as the consoles currently sit, they desperately need a hardware upgrade that the PS4 Pro and Scorpio did not bring to the consoles.

    Eventually Unity might get optimized enough, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.
    Well scorpio isint out until winter so we dont really know about that yet but i know the size is large but i dont see why the current ones are having issues 7dtd isint graphically intense at all 6 should be plausible so many other graphic intense games hold more then 4 players i do know that it turns your xbox into a server basically just like MC does but i think MC holds 16 people idk maybe im looking at this wrong but i think they should be able to accomplish this if they actually put forth the effort....MORE DLC people will pay and that would provide the money into perfecting this game colors for minibikes paint schematics or themes in general still a great game... crashes a bit but i dont think i could say i found a game where i like digging as much as this not even MC lol in the process of building a mega tunnel of concrete that will disperse in multiple directions underground allowing for minibike travel and safe spots clear across our map also implementing wall safe drop boxes for transferring resources from location to location instead of having to run it all back friend can come pick it up and take it home without having to come the whole way "underground mail road"

  4. #34
    Reconstructionist Darkfoxx117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    672
    Rep Power
    1
    It's because it's a voxel based game where processors have to do many calculations simultaneously, read up about it its interesting but also for me very confusing but i kind of get it lol.

  5. #35
    Colony Founder Funkinstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,743
    Rep Power
    1
    Even though the graphics look garbage compared to what everyone is used to, each and every block on the entire map acts like an individual entity. So it's like imagine about 3 million zombies standing on screen all with animation and AI. That's why 7dtd is actually hard on the hardware. Even good PC's get wrecked by this game at times.

  6. #36
    Reconstructionist Darkfoxx117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    672
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkinstein View Post
    Even though the graphics look garbage compared to what everyone is used to, each and every block on the entire map acts like an individual entity. So it's like imagine about 3 million zombies standing on screen all with animation and AI. That's why 7dtd is actually hard on the hardware. Even good PC's get wrecked by this game at times.
    Yeah that's what i mean about it being a voxel game todays graphics cards and cpu's are not designed for voxel gaming (yet) they can do it but not efficiently there are too many things to calculate i'd love to explain it more thoroughly but my knowledge is limited i only know what i know from trusted sources devs/modders etc just know the destructible and minable terrain takes a vast amount of processing power that consoles can not keep up with yet.

  7. #37
    Refugee
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    ...

    When did we get an actual update with new content?

  8. #38
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    1,948
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stavros130 View Post
    When did we get an actual update with new content?
    it's more important to fix what you have then get new stuff.

  9. #39
    Awesome Incarnate Clare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Navezgane
    Posts
    7,566
    Rep Power
    1
    This is an information post only, if you have questions about my role, that's fine.

    If you have bug reports, suggestions, questions etc please stick them in the right section: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...-of-the-Forums

    Please also remember to read some of the latest posts in general discussion, they may answer some of your Qs already.

    Clare

    - - - Updated - - -

    If there are no further questions or the post continues to go off topic, I'll close it.

  10. #40
    Nomad skippy0330's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    370
    Rep Power
    1
    How does one make chocolate chip cookies for lactose intolerant people?

  11. #41
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy0330 View Post
    How does one make chocolate chip cookies for lactose intolerant people?
    Here ya go Skippy lol

    http://www.inkatrinaskitchen.com/dairy-free-chocolate-chip-cookies/

    GamingBuds420
    Last edited by WalkerZombley; 05-08-2017 at 12:29 PM.

  12. #42
    Awesome Incarnate Clare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Navezgane
    Posts
    7,566
    Rep Power
    1
    That's not... *sigh*


  13. #43
    Zombie Hunter
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    434
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppasmurf89 View Post
    Well scorpio isint out until winter so we dont really know about that yet but i know the size is large but i dont see why the current ones are having issues 7dtd isint graphically intense at all 6 should be plausible so many other graphic intense games hold more then 4 players i do know that it turns your xbox into a server basically just like MC does but i think MC holds 16 people idk maybe im looking at this wrong but i think they should be able to accomplish this if they actually put forth the effort....MORE DLC people will pay and that would provide the money into perfecting this game colors for minibikes paint schematics or themes in general still a great game... crashes a bit but i dont think i could say i found a game where i like digging as much as this not even MC lol in the process of building a mega tunnel of concrete that will disperse in multiple directions underground allowing for minibike travel and safe spots clear across our map also implementing wall safe drop boxes for transferring resources from location to location instead of having to run it all back friend can come pick it up and take it home without having to come the whole way "underground mail road"
    Just because the console isn't out yet doesn't mean people aren't familiar with the hardware. Thunder has made comparisons and it's really sad tbh.

    Everything you talk about has already been discussed over and over but here you are, saying what it should be without actually knowing much if anything at all.

  14. #44
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    0
    Please tell us we have patch news soon..... We at the monthly mark for news any day now

  15. #45
    Zombie Hunter
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    419
    Rep Power
    1
    Official Forum Rules and Guidelines:

    "Release Date Harassment
    Please refrain from spamming the forums requesting information regarding update releases. Civil discussion regarding updates is allowed, and The Fun Pimps want the community to be excited for future updates, but request that you do so in a respectful manner and do not continually request information that the developers and moderation team have already answered or placed a restriction on answering. Furthermore, please do not private message the developers or moderation team requesting information about the update's release schedule. This information will become available with time, and will be available in the developer diary section of the "News & Announcements section of the forums for that particular update."

    - - - Updated - - -

    It's been said over and over that when Clare knows, she'll post it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •