Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can Nintendo Switch specs handle 7 Days To Die?

Hunter

can Nintendo Switch specs handle 7 Days To Die?

Hey developer can Nintendo Switch, the new handheld hybrid console from Nintendo, run 7 days to die?

And any plans for a port?

This my favorite game this gen. Wouldn't mind a playing it on the go.

Zombie Hunter
    You're joking right?

Nintendo Switch is apparently 4 cores running somewhere between 300MHz to 1GHz. Since this game is all about the GHz and benefiting from only 2 cores... there just isn't any way to make it happen.
    Last edited by Fox; 04-21-2017 at 11:03 PM.

Nintendo usually lags with their hardware specs... The Wii was on par with the Game Cube (just with motion controls), and likewise the Wii U was a generation behind (on par with PS 3 and Xbox 360). They're innovators, but not front runners when it comes to horsepower. That being said, I'm not sure exactly how powerful the Switch really is.

The reason being is Nintendo tries to design their consoles to be more cost effective, and it would appear they're more focused on their games than their hardware.

My point though is that this game is resource hungry, and the Nintendo Switch probably couldn't handle it.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Ok, lets make a fun table....

PC Min Absolute PC Min Recommended PC Preferred Xbox One Xbox One S Project Scorpio Playstation 4 PlayStation 4 Slim PlayStation 4 Pro Switch
    CPU 2.4 Ghz Dual Core CPU 3.0 Ghz Quad Core CPU 3.2+ Ghz 6-8 Core CPU 1.75GHz 8-core† AMD custom CPU 1.75GHz 8-core† AMD custom CPU 2.3GHz 8-core† AMD custom Scorpio Engine CPU 1.6GHz 8-core† AMD custom “Jaguar” CPU 1.6GHz 8-core† AMD custom “Jaguar” CPU 2.1GHz 8-core† AMD custom “Jaguar” CPU 1020MHz Nvidia custom Tegra SOC
    GPU GPU clocked at 575MHz with 0.35 teraflops of performance* GPU clocked at 1046 MHz with 2.31 teraflops of performance* GPU clocked at 1,216 MHz with 4.05 teraflops of performance* Integrated AMD GPU clocked at 853MHz with 1.31 teraflops of performance Integrated AMD GPU clocked at 914MHz with 1.31 teraflops of performance Integrated AMD GPU clocked at 1172MHz with 6 teraflops of performance Integrated AMD GPU clocked at 800MHz with 1.84 teraflops of performance Integrated AMD GPU clocked at 800MHz with 1.84 teraflops of performance Integrated AMD Polaris GPU clocked at 911 MHz with 4.2 teraflops of performance 768MHz (docked) / 307.2MHz (undocked)
    Nvidia custom Tegra SOC
    Estimated 0.12 to 0.5 teraflops of performance
    RAM 4GB 6 GB RAM 8+ GB RAM 8GB 8GB 12GB 8GB 8GB 8GB 4GB
    Storage See Note See Note See Note 500GB 500GB, 1TB, 2TB 1TB 500GB 500GB 1TB 32GB

* The PC graphics cards are recommended to have 512MB, 2GB, or 4GB of dedicated video RAM respectively.
    *Also note that these clock stats are relational guestimates based on tested hardware to provide numbers similar to consoles.
    Note on PC Storage: The client itself requires 4GB of free space. Saves will require up to 35GB minimum.
    It should also be noted that even though the X-box and Playstation consoles really have 8 physical cores, Their performance is no better than the the CPU in the PC Min Recommended with 4 physical cores. This may be because both CPU's have 8 threads.

Sorry the table doesn't really fit that well. It was a pain to make it.
    Last edited by SylenThunder; 04-23-2017 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Forgot the final †

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Yes, I literally just wasted like an hour of time I could be doing anything else just to make that silly table.

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    Yes, I literally just wasted like an hour of time I could be doing anything else just to make that silly table.
    It's the thought that counts!

Well, at least the Scorpio will be in the recommended specs range. Why 12gb though? Figured they would have taken the natural leap to 16.

Also, no. The Switch cannot handle 7Days. The Xbox One can't even handle it, lol. The Switch lags while just playin Zelda and Snipperclips... I'm wondering how they're going to get Skyrim to work on it, even, and Skyrim's pretty old...

Colony Founder
    what i know about computers you can write on a grain of rice with a crayola

Quote Originally Posted by davethebakerx2 View Post
    what i know about computers you can write on a grain of rice with a crayola
    "They compute."

Scavenger
    Project Scorpio appears to have a considerable upgrade to hardware over the Xbox one, but I'm no connoisseur of hardware by any means. And from what I have been reading is its supposed to be full backwards compatible. So does that mean 7 days will run hugely better on Scorpio? And are we more likely to get a true full port from PC versions for the Scorpio?

Ranger
    I'd just like to point out the xbox one and ps4 have 8 cores. They are 2 x 'quad core' apu's, 8 physical cores and 8 threads.

Colony Founder
    i have no ideal what any of that is

Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    I enjoyed it immensely. Very fun, 10/10 would read again.