Thread: Xbox One Co-op Splitscreen partner loses knowledge & backpack

Survivor

Xbox One Co-op Splitscreen partner loses knowledge & backpack

XBOne game version 1.0.13.0
    Gameworld Navezgane
    Host NICE L0KI playing Grace
    Guest Jacobsville playing Charlotte

We're experiencing multiple events where Jacobsville's character will lose all knowledge of skills from reading books and everything in his back pack is deleted, yet his level and other skills gained from adding skill points are retained.

Hi Nice Loki,

This is an unusual one as Jacobsville is maintaining his level. Could you please elaborate on the issue and the "events" using he guide?
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...BEFORE-posting

Survivor
    Hi Clare, sorry for lack of info on OP.

Game Type: Co-op Splitscreen
    Map Type: Navezgane
    Seed/Save Name: Bacontree
    Disk or Digital: Digital dl
    DLC: not sure what you're asking for here
    Character: Charlotte
    Difficulty: Scavenger
    Run: Never
    Aggression: normal
    Day length: 18 hrs
    Drop On Death: backpack only
    Enemy memory: 30secs
    Enemy Spawning: Very high (maximum)
    Block durability: 100
    Loot respawn time: 5 days
    Loot abundance: 200
    Airdrops: 168 hrs
    24 hour cycle: 2hrs
    In-game Day: various (multiple occurrences)

NICE L0KI hosts and plays Grace
    Jacobsville joins as player 2 and plays Charlotte

We have noticed the game being a bit more glitchy and unstable than previous versions (for example it still crashes while we're playing, also we had 2 MILF's stuck in walls which we haven't experienced before).

We haven't ascertained what triggers this problem, but it only started after this latest update.
    It has never happened during play, we only get it when Jacobsville logs in (either after a crash or at the start of a gaming session). So we kind of assume that it happens when we quit the game, the various ways of ending our gaming session are as follows;
    we have had the game crash on us and we've just switched off
    we have had the game crash on us and we've logged back in to continue playing
    we have had NICE L0KI (host) quit the game with Jacobsville still in the game
    we have had Jacobsville quit the game, while NICE L0KI (host) continues to play on for a while longer

Jacobsville loses all his book based knowledge, like the ability to assemble guns or make first aid kits, he also loses everything in his backpack (but he keeps everything on his belt).
    However his character level isn't affected at all and his experience based skills are retained, such as scavenging, mining tools, misc crafting etc. Plus his skill points are all still correctly assigned.
    Last edited by Nice Loki; 04-27-2017 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Add extra info.

Thanks for the details Nice Loki, it sounds like a version of this bug: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...gged-Inventory but it's either a different version or not triggering the same.

I know the team are still working on the one I liked, so I'll check if it's something new, or possibly related.

Clare

Team is wondering if there's any chance we could get footage from Jacobsville's side before and after shots to see if we can see anything as it seems to be somewhat separate to the bug I liked above.

Refugee
    I saw this yesterday with my daughter. We had both been playing the day before, then exited the game, shut down the console. Yesterday morning, she re-launched it so she could play by herself, then after an hour or so she exited and shut down again. Later that day we launched it again and both of us entered the game (my login is the 2nd player). My character had an empty backpack, but had all the correct stuff in my tool belt. Every skill I had learned by books were also gone, but skills I earned by leveling up were still there. Everything else (her stuff, skills, our base etc) was correct. Game details (from memory - I'm at work) are:

XBOX ONE version 1.0.11.0 (waiting for patch 9.1 to update)
    Game Type: Multiplayer
    Map Type: Random gen
    Seed/Save Name: MERA
    Disk or Digital: Disc
    DLC: None
    Character: My daughter as 1st player Grace, me as 2nd player Jeff
    Difficulty: Adventurer
    Run: Never
    Aggression: Low
    Day length: 18 hr
    Drop On Death: Only tool belt
    Enemy memory: 30
    Enemy Spawning: Very low
    Block durability: Lowest setting
    Loot respawn time: Most frequent setting
    Loot abundance: Most abundant setting
    Airdrops: 24 Hr
    24 hour cycle: 180 min? (slowest day setting)
    In-game Day: 7

Hi Flabado,

You say you're on patch 1.0.11.0 and you're waiting for patch 9.1, but 9.1 is already released so you should be at version 1.0.13.0 if you are playing multiplayer online.

Thank you for providing your details, yours sounds closer to https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...gged-Inventory than Nice Loki's does if your level is also down to 1.

Please be aware of this when posting in future so as not to confuse bug variations in threads. If in doubt, creating a new thread is fine =)

Clare

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Hi Flabado,

You say you're on patch 1.0.11.0 and you're waiting for patch 9.1, but 9.1 is already released so you should be at version 1.0.13.0 if you are playing multiplayer online.

Clare
    Patch 9.1 is released!?! Ha, I feel silly now. I left my XBOX's ethernet unplugged because I didn't want to update to 1.0.12.0, and I never saw an announcement on the forum stating that it had went live, so I just assumed that it had been delayed. Updating tonight!

Thanks,
    Flabado

Yeah because 9.1 was a hotfix, there's only one announcement. Regular patches get the heads up and the going live announcements.