Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast

Thread: [Console] Builder Challanges

Colony Founder
    I did wonder today if the blocks were brick - might be able to make them in the forge (it's not the decayed one, but the other one - I think). I got a close up look at them today and am sure I've seen these blocks somewhere in the menu.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Damselx1 View Post
    I did wonder today if the blocks were brick - might be able to make them in the forge (it's not the decayed one, but the other one - I think). I got a close up look at them today and am sure I've seen these blocks somewhere in the menu.
    The texture and hit points say brick, but the color is all wrong. (Not red) Alas, I like the look of the white stonework, and have already done all the repairs except the steps, so I hope it isn't an issue! Just wish I could do a thatch roof, then it would look a lot like the place I lived at near Thetford.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman2838 View Post
    The texture and hit points say brick, but the color is all wrong. (Not red) Alas, I like the look of the white stonework, and have already done all the repairs except the steps, so I hope it isn't an issue! Just wish I could do a thatch roof, then it would look a lot like the place I lived at near Thetford.
    I've wished for thatch roof as well - it would have looked great on a few of my builds.

You're a bit further on than me - I've just done my first blood moon and I'm still in a temporary base. I've been scouting around the area and have a few places to choose from - think I'm going to have the forge house with a nice view of the lake and a hill behind that has possibilities for a mine entrance.

Tracker
    I've wished for thatch roof as well - it would have looked great on a few of my builds.

You're a bit further on than me - I've just done my first blood moon and I'm still in a temporary base. I've been scouting around the area and have a few places to choose from - think I'm going to have the forge house with a nice view of the lake and a hill behind that has possibilities for a mine entrance.
    The one with the campsite nearby? I was considering that one but chose the one north of the same town. Like the view of the roads- traffic for my vegetable stand lol!

Colony Founder
    The one with the campsite nearby? I was considering that one but chose the one north of the same town. Like the view of the roads- traffic for my vegetable stand lol!
    Yes, I think that's the one - southeast(ish) of the town. I nearly chose the north west one - that was the first one I found but realised how close the wasteland was, plus didn't like the lie of the ground around there. I did consider a couple of log cabins but the lake view won it for me. Plus I'm close to the desert and burnt forest so there's plenty of supplies available to me.

Console Community Manager Clare's Avatar
    How's everyone getting on this month?

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Bit slower than I'd like but I've got some time off work next week so will be able to make a bit more progress.

Tracker
    Getting really frustrated with the traders. I keep telling them I need a new kitchen sink, and they keep trying to sell me steel polish. For cripe sake, my house is made of wood and stone! Ended up replacing the "Painted brick" walls with flagstone, just to keep the same basic look as we don't have the actual blocks available to match, which sucked cause I had to replace all the blocks, not just the damaged ones. Horde nights have been disappointing (see my post in bug reports) but the build itself is going good. Most of the garden is up and running, just waiting on enough chrysanthimums to make the red roof for the barn. A bathtub would be nice as well, a real, claw foot cast iron one, but that doesn't seem likely.

Colony Founder
    Getting really frustrated with the traders. I keep telling them I need a new kitchen sink, and they keep trying to sell me steel polish. For cripe sake, my house is made of wood and stone! Ended up replacing the "Painted brick" walls with flagstone, just to keep the same basic look as we don't have the actual blocks available to match, which sucked cause I had to replace all the blocks, not just the damaged ones. Horde nights have been disappointing (see my post in bug reports) but the build itself is going good. Most of the garden is up and running, just waiting on enough chrysanthimums to make the red roof for the barn. A bathtub would be nice as well, a real, claw foot cast iron one, but that doesn't seem likely.
    I have the same issue with the blocks - I was going to replace the stairs but I can't decide whether to replace the rest so it matches, or leave it with the crumbly brickwork and go for a rustic look.

Console Community Manager Clare's Avatar
    Unfortunately the only Bed Bath and Beyond in Navezgane was on the outer limits of the rad zone, best we can prob do is a rusty bucket =/

I think Navezgane as a whole looks like someone took the rustic look a bit too far...

Refugee
    It's going, a little Slowly as well. It's a slight pain trying to match some things. Some extra apocalyptic-ingenuity going into this one..

Refugee
    I have the same issue with the blocks - I was going to replace the stairs but I can't decide whether to replace the rest so it matches, or leave it with the crumbly brickwork and go for a rustic look.
    I'm pretty new to 7D2D, but what I have messed with so far those blocks are either cobblestone or flagstone because you can repair them to their full strength with cobblestone, and the upgrade goes to concrete. While their full strength is weaker than the same blocks we can build new and they look different, I just consider it age and degradation.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecticles View Post
    I'm pretty new to 7D2D, but what I have messed with so far those blocks are either cobblestone or flagstone because you can repair them to their full strength with cobblestone, and the upgrade goes to concrete. While their full strength is weaker than the same blocks we can build new and they look different, I just consider it age and degradation.
    The bricks currently around the bottom of my forge house are only available through creative. It's possible they are cobblestone or flagstone but painted to look different; you can use cobblestone to repair a few different blocks so it's hard to tell.

A part of me likes the crumbling blocks, part of me wants to tidy it up.

Tracker
    The bricks currently around the bottom of my forge house are only available through creative. It's possible they are cobblestone or flagstone but painted to look different; you can use cobblestone to repair a few different blocks so it's hard to tell.

A part of me likes the crumbling blocks, part of me wants to tidy it up.
    I went with the flagstone just because of the appearance and to be honest, it's hard to tell the difference from a distance. Had thought about just gutting the inside and making it into a fortress on the inside but decided I wanted to try more of a "Homestead" approach. Sure there are zombies, and sure it gets annoying replacing the stuff they break, but by gosh, my xbox don't work anyway so might as well mix up some cobblestone and fix those holes. Just wish the dang chicken I enclosed would have stayed around. A pet would be nice!

Colony Founder
    I went with the flagstone just because of the appearance and to be honest, it's hard to tell the difference from a distance. Had thought about just gutting the inside and making it into a fortress on the inside but decided I wanted to try more of a "Homestead" approach. Sure there are zombies, and sure it gets annoying replacing the stuff they break, but by gosh, my xbox don't work anyway so might as well mix up some cobblestone and fix those holes. Just wish the dang chicken I enclosed would have stayed around. A pet would be nice!
    Did you replace all the brickwork or just the crumbly bits?