Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gnamod Necropolis {New RWG World and Challenge Mode}

Gnamod Necropolis {New RWG World and Challenge Mode}

Welcome to GNAMOD NECROPOLIS

Gnamod Necropolis is a NEW RWG World created using the knowledge gained when I was working on Gnamod World and Ultra Nomad Mode. It creates an all new world that features a bleak and desolate post apocalyptic wasteland world. In this world you will not find any green biomes or places to hide. You find yourself in the remains of sprawling metropolis, a zone that is not consumed by the radiation that surrounds it. The weather has been affected and so have its inhabitants, which come out of their radiation hideouts at night to feed on any remaining survivors.

Can you survive in this Wasteland?

This mod comes in two forms, Classic and Nomad Mode.
    - Gnamod Necropolis Classic (The full mod)
    - Gnamod Necropolis Nomad Mode (Similar to Gnamod World Ultra Nomad Mode, but set in the Necropolis.)

So what is Gnamod Necropolis?

Gnamod Necropolis is intended for anyone looking for a challenge, a real challenge. While the core gameplay of this mod is similar, if not identical to Gnamod World, the terrain and world certainly is not. This world will challenge you as there are no safe zones to hide, no green biomes with only basic zombies exist. Everywhere there is some form of wasteland and this means a lot of threats to deal with from early on. During the day the zombie occupation is mild in most zones except for the city ruins, but at night the zombies arrive come and this means you will either have to hide or fight during the night to stay alive. Animals are scarce, but loot can be found plentiful if you are willing to scavenge and fight the city denizens. Becoming self sufficient and prospering in this world will be the true challenge.

Key features:
    - Gnamod World Mod rulesets. Except for spawning and the RWG this mod uses the same rules as Gnamod World.
    - All new world: Necropolis
    - Flat terrain with only marginal hills and small river-like lakes. This makes the terrain generate the cities and buildings properly and elegantly mostly.
    - Only wasteland biomes, this world is a nightmare and does not feature green biomes except for small parts of swamp.
    - Cities: There are 9 cities in this world clustered around the central city.
    - Small World: Only 2000 block radius of the world is habitable, rest is radioactive.
    - No digging below 4 blocks (Unless you find Red Mesa) like in Nomad Mode. No hiding in deep places.
    - Challenging World: The total is designed to be challenging and thus resources you need to survive can be hard to come by.
    - Day/Night Rhythm: During the day there are mostly stragglers around except for cities but at night the world comes alive and you either need to hide or fight for your survival.
    - Animal Scarcity: Bigger animals will be hard to find and thus getting meat can be a challenge.

Recommended Settings & Known Issues:
    - Most settings can work, but for first time I recommend playing mostly default, 50 min days and 16 or 18 hours of daylight.
    - For the Nomad Mode: For the real Nomad experience you will want to set zombies to feral, 30 min days and 16 hours of daylight and airdrops each day.
    - Cities sometimes (partially) spawn in wasteland areas. This is intentional but it could be hard to spot the edge of the zone within a city, so keep an eye on your map.
    - Cities close to the edge where a player is spawned sometimes fail to spawn properly due to the player spawnpoint (dont know how this works exactly). Dont think it happens to often but it can.
    - Though I think I made sure it will not happen, small chance to hear loud thunder on generation of the world and being dropped at 0,0 due to there being no valid spawn point. If this happens load a new seed as you will also find a partially missing city.

Download Here

Here are some more teasers: Link of other Gnamod Screenshots

Videos:
    Lets Play 1 - Day 1
    Lets Play 1 - Day 2
    7 Days Running Demo

New Adventures:
    Lets Play 2: Day 1
    Lets Play 2: Day 2
    Lets Play 2: Day 3
    Lets Play 2: Day 4
    Lets Play 2: Day 5
    Lets Play 2: Day 6 & 7
    Lets Play 2: Day 10

Nomad Mode Videos:
    Nomad Mode Demo: Day 1
    Nomad Mode Demo: Day 2

Other People playing Gnamod Necropolis:
    Seal77's Channel
    Last edited by Haidrgna; 05-27-2017 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Updated Video Links (incorrect upload, now day 1 and 2 available.)

More Pictures:

If anyone wants to try out my mod and finds manual downloading of the xmls a bit of a hassle: All my mods are on Sphereii's Mod Launcher so check it out
    Last edited by Haidrgna; 06-06-2017 at 08:12 PM.

Testing it out now. Got a Forset biome i started in. Also, did you make it so all clothing\armor give + to warmth and no - warmth\armor clothing?

There are no changes to clothing/armor in this mod and there should not be any forest biome (the one with green grass and green trees), if there is you may have not properly installed the mod. Always make sure to go to a clean install first before installing a mod if you didnt already

Ok i got close to 1800 hrs on this game and have game tried almost all the mods offered. In regards to that i copied a clean ver of 7dtd to a seperatre folder and installed the mod and got the above. But as an amusement factor, in the morning I will uninstall my org install and do a total fresh install and try again and let you know the results.

Ok, I am sure it probably is just a glitch or something. When this mod works correctly you will notice it immediately as you will most likely spawn near ruined buildings

I always like your screenshots !

PS: as an idea:
    maybe you need a mix of buildings of different heights - for natural look...
    (this is about the third screenshot from the top)
    Last edited by n2n1; 04-30-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by n2n1 View Post
    I always like your screenshots !
    Thank you

I watched your video (7 Days Running Demo). It's Awesome. This is another evolution compared to your previous work.
    I think i see where your favorite thing ... You can't hide from prefabing ...

Ps: Why don't you get rid of the traders and economy ?

Quote Originally Posted by n2n1 View Post
    I watched your video (7 Days Running Demo). It's Awesome. This is another evolution compared to your previous work.
    I think i see where your favorite thing ... You can't hide from prefabing ...

Ps: Why don't you get rid of the traders and economy ?
    Yeah A16 I will likely go into prefabbing, hopefully the tools will be released with it so it can be easy. Then this kind of mod will really start reaching the next level. But yeah I really like the RWG thing, procedurally generation of loot and world are really fun things to work with.

As for traders, you may be right I thought about removing them, but perhaps I will just end with making one spawn somewhere and then remove the quest, so there still will be a trader but it will be a challenge to find him. Since my mod also overhauls what traders sell they are actually quite decent to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidrgna View Post
    Ok, I am sure it probably is just a glitch or something. When this mod works correctly you will notice it immediately as you will most likely spawn near ruined buildings
    Sorryfor the snarky respone in my previous post. I really enjoy all thedifferent mods that this community has been working hard to make thismore\longer playable. Thanks for the hard work. I got a fresh 7dtdinstall and copied it to the new folder and applied the mod and isworking now. So again sorry for the snarky post.

Seal
    Last edited by Seal77; 04-30-2017 at 04:13 PM.

No problem, apology accepted

Just enjoy the mod and if you encounter any issues or think something can be improved let me know. This one is still fresh and thus probably will have some errors/oversights in it.

Started a Dead is Dead gameplay series of my mod, see if I can last at least until day 7 without dying. Posting links as the videos are available at the bottom of the first post. Enjoy watching

This is pretty damn brutal............................ no stop action, it just wont stop

Yeah it requires some other kind of strategy to survive than vanilla for sure. I made it to day 6, but means hiding during the nights for now and evading some of the zombies that appeared in the night the next morning.

But its meant that way, going into a city to soon will really be hard, but just staying anywhere else will mean you have to be careful at night, getting them to notice you can turn ugly fast.