Thread: Xbox one Unable to connect to wife's world

Refugee

Xbox one Unable to connect to wife's world

We have att uverse, nat moderate. I have been playing on her server since we got the games months ago. 4 days ago it started saying "unable to connect to server. "This comes up after joining multi player game. I tried to get on about 8 times each night and tried to get our nat to switch to open. I couldn't get my netgear switch software to open to make my last changes. Each night I had to reset my modem to factory defaults. I coul log onto other worlds other people had. And all of out friends could log into my wife's world. Tonight I was able to finally log into my wife's world. With the same settings. Weird,it's now working fine all night long.
    Nat is set at Modetate.
    Netgear switch is GS108v3.
    Modem is an att motorola.
    Last edited by Trazdal; 05-01-2017 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Adding info

It's AT&T bro. I have them too and their internet sucks some days. It's like that picky ass child that wants a sucker, not the one you give them, but the 40th one you give them. If it makes you feel any better, there are times I'll disconnect 6 times in 2 hours before i give up and go to bed early from frustration. and this will happen for a week or 2 straight, then everything is fine again till it's tantrum time. Then we get to repeat the process till the god of the attnets is appeased.

Thank you for your input there Funkinstein.

Hi Trazdal - Thanks for the report, I'm glad you're able to get back on to the game!

Can either of your tell me, when this happens, are you able to play other games?

Clare

Yup, because AT&T reasons. I mean hell, their main corporate office even looks like the Eye of Sauron. AT&T are evil, evil people. The buying up of part of Charter after Charter merged with TWC doesn't help either, because they are making sweeping changes to equipment, server hubs and more. I have a friend who works in this field so I have inside info on why it's been spotty connections lately.

*googles* lol it is a bit eye of sauron-y alright.

I wonder what it is they keep switching back and forth to and if that could be a clue to whats happening with the overall Multiplayer disconnection issues...(PM maybe?)

Well, AT&T is a U.S. company and from what I've seen on the forums, the multiplayer seems to be an E.U. thing. Here in America Al ton of corporations seem to be merging and buying off their dying competition in recent years. Once the dust settles things may get better. *Crosses fingers*

But it is something to take into consideration. But the thing really bothering people is they can play other games just fine. A voxel game moves information differently than 90% of the games out there though, so it may be what and how it's all being bounced back and forth across connections that's causing the problem. It may be worth a look at the pc's previous alphas to see if that player base encountered these problems as well and what they did to fix it if so.
    Last edited by Funkinstein; 05-03-2017 at 02:28 PM.

Something that just occurred to me is I wonder if the people crashing and unable to reload the game isn't loosely connected to the MD5 issue. If an MD5 was a massive enough reset and the game can't compensate and reconcile the massive amount of data change then it would keep from loading at all, thus getting stuck on the building world phase. Have any of the people complaining about that issue tried making a new world and still not be able to load into said new world? Something to start asking and having them try for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkinstein View Post
    Something that just occurred to me is I wonder if the people crashing and unable to reload the game isn't loosely connected to the MD5 issue. If an MD5 was a massive enough reset and the game can't compensate and reconcile the massive amount of data change then it would keep from loading at all, thus getting stuck on the building world phase. Have any of the people complaining about that issue tried making a new world and still not be able to load into said new world? Something to start asking and having them try for sure.
    So the MD5 error occurs when the game can't load an area properly, this is why it reverts to Day 1 as this is what it knows. This is an easy clean slate. It is very unlikely that the shift in data this way is causing the building environment hang as the Day 1 revert is the easy default option... hope that makes sense. I'll suggest it to the team anyway, of course.

Well, AT&T is a U.S. company and from what I've seen on the forums, the multiplayer seems to be an E.U. thing. Here in America Al ton of corporations seem to be merging and buying off their dying competition in recent years. Once the dust settles things may get better. *Crosses fingers*

But it is something to take into consideration. But the thing really bothering people is they can play other games just fine. A voxel game moves information differently than 90% of the games out there though, so it may be what and how it's all being bounced back and forth across connections that's causing the problem. It may be worth a look at the pc's previous alphas to see if that player base encountered these problems as well and what they did to fix it if so.
    Thanks for the info, I'll pass this onto the team on the off chance there's something there they can use for testing.

Yeah it definitely makes sense. I think my train of thought was more towards that one poster who collapsed his mine and can't get anywhere near the area without freezing up and crashing. I just wanted to use MD5 as an example because that's what should be happening under normal circumstances instead of leaving the error there after repeatedly logging in. I'm surprised his game didn't freeze on him on the building environment screen or rewrite the terrain.

Yeah it definitely makes sense. I think my train of thought was more towards that one poster who collapsed his mine and can't get anywhere near the area without freezing up and crashing. I just wanted to use MD5 as an example because that's what should be happening under normal circumstances instead of leaving the error there after repeatedly logging in. I'm surprised his game didn't freeze on him on the building environment screen or rewrite the terrain.
    Same, it's often overloading that can cause the building environment, or at least, that was the case with the signs bug we had after patch 8.
    Other times it's trying to connect to the actual game data and that's just where the load gets stuck =/

Refugee
    Clare, I have not been able to log in since Sunday. I try 6 or so times each night. I accept the invite, sometimes from out of the game sometimes from the "press =" screen. It will stay in "joining multiplayer Game for quite a while then hit. "Error Failed to connect to the server. Please try again later. Ok A"
    I can log onto my daughter in laws world with no problems. Others can join my wife's world.
    Wife and I are wired 9 MB download. .8 mb upload. May is Moderate. I have been unable to get it changed to Open. We are using Xbox one party chat. Often hosted by others. This problem did not start for me since last week. It didn't start til after about 3 days after the new patch.

She and I have tried fresh Xbox one reboots. Letting me connect first, this is the only game I can not connect. It is now a very consistent issue. I can play on my own world. Need to see if my wife can join my world. Only problem is that she is home most the day and online for all our friends. I work so can only play after dinner.

In 6 months we are hopefully going to fiber 100mb down and 25mb up. Have to wait for local city to get online and ready.

Try changing what character you are using, you won't lose progress and see if that helps.

Try changing what character you are using, you won't lose progress and see if that helps.
    A strange one, but sometimes works.

Also, have you tried clearing the cache of both consoles since you have been unable to connect?

Are you both on the same router? Did anything change with your ISP at all around the same time as the patch? (not that I'm saying that's the problem, but I do need to check)

Please do let me know if you have any luck with your wife connecting to your game.

Clare