Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Prefab Editor (Alpha)

Scavenger
    danke für die hilfe jetzt kann es endlich los gehen

Hoffe du hattest Erfolg.

Quote Originally Posted by n2n1 View Post
    It is highly desirable that the "search" worked for all prefabs (that it was possible to identify prefab which then work)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoli View Post
    a "search for block-ID" - function would be very handy for many uses.
    Partially done! Hope you read this Magoli. ^^ I have added a global block search feature and a framework for further global functions. Ofc it's not available to you atm.

Basically, you enter 'search id' into the console and select a directory and you get a list of prefabs containing the corresponding block.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Ya know what would be cool...

...loading an image with a transparency, so we could "draw" on it.
    Sorry, I've missed this post. Not sure what you. Afaik there is a similar feature but it's quite buggy...

Preview (v0.44):
    - added option for level of detail of symbols and texts
    - added global search feature
    - added advanced block search
    - fixed: wrong texture id (concrete dark grey <->concrete grey)

Advanced search (very basic atm but it's already useful):

Not sure if I need a more advanced 'advanced search'^^. Probably yes. I think there should be a way to all properties into account (id or block name, rotation, meta and so on) not just the block id...
    Last edited by Pille; 04-27-2018 at 09:24 PM.

Thanks!

(by the way, i have never seen more the crash with adding/removing rows/columns)
    Last edited by n2n1; 04-29-2018 at 11:21 AM.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    What I was asking about was loading a 2d image file like this:

...and being able to load it UNDER your program gui as a semi transparent image I could scale, and it would allow me to place blocks in your editor over the semi transparent image for accuracy.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!

(by the way, i have never seen more the crash with adding/removing rows/columns)
    Yes, I too have not seen any more crashes from this, and I just edited 80 prefabs so I think you found it.

Thanks!
    Yeah, np. Your suggestion make sense and it is time to implement a powerful search...

Yes, I too have not seen any more crashes from this, and I just edited 80 prefabs so I think you found it.
    I doubt it but we have support for logfiles now, so there's a chance to crush the bug one day.^^

...and being able to load it UNDER your program gui as a semi transparent image I could scale, and it would allow me to place blocks in your editor over the semi transparent image for accuracy.
    Probably in one of the next updates... I'll do my best. It depends on the bugginess of the current implemention of this feature.

We are very close to the release of 0.44. So that's the latest and perhaps the last preview screenshot. In 0.44 you can 'copy' blocks to the search tab pressing ctrl + middle mouse button (or you can use the 'copy to search' button on the set tab). I've added two scope radio buttons to the set tab ('grid view' and 'search list') allowing the user to edit selected blocks from the search list:

Last edited by Pille; 05-02-2018 at 02:47 AM.

sounds amazing - i havent understood nothing, but iam sure it will be a practical and powerful function.

iam looking forward to the 0.44 version

rock on buddy

Ok just wondering if this Editor is Broken? I click on blocks and it only shows me the block ID's.

Trying to just find the Doors is a pain, and your older versions were alot better when you zoomed in to a certain spot it actually showed some graphics just to let you know where the doors were located at and that helped a huge deal. Also still having issues understanding the META part. I figured out that a number 4 locked the doors. Should be Descriptions on each number and what they actually do.

But PLEASE.... Make it so when you click on a block it tells you the actual Block Name and not just the Block ID.

Thank You for this also

Mhh I haven't removed any of these features, so I guess the game directory is not correctly specified. Please click on 'Extras' -> 'Set game directory...' and make sure that the text field is not empty:

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeMan View Post
    Also still having issues understanding the META part. I figured out that a number 4 locked the doors. Should be Descriptions on each number and what they actually do.
    There are descriptions but the underlying feature is a bit buggy ... I need to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Magoli View Post
    sounds amazing - i havent understood nothing, but iam sure it will be a practical and powerful function.

iam looking forward to the 0.44 version

rock on buddy
    Glad to read that you've understood everything. ;p But seriously, let me know if something is not clear. The concept of the gui is a bit inconsistent atm. and needs an overhaul. So being confused would be normal.^^

Update time!

Changelog v0.44

- added level of detail settings to options. Smaller values mean more details if zoomed out.
    - added search features to the search tab. Explanation see below.
    - added button 'clear' to edit tab and search tab. The Clear button will clear all text fields.
    - added button 'copy to search' to the edit tab. The button copies the block data to the search tab.
    - added scopes 'grid view' (default) and 'search list' to the edit tab. If you want to edit selected blocks on the block grids then select 'grid view' and if you want to edit selected blocks from the search list (search tab) then select 'search list'.
    - added console commands:
    help: shows a list of available console commands.
    search: enter 'search ID' to get a list of prefabs which contain blocks with this id. Example: 'search 1' prints a list of prefabs containing stone blocks (id of stone is 1). This command will close your currently loaded prefab!
    - changed max. length of console output to 5000 lines
    - fixed: concrete texture has wrong texture id

How to use the search tab

1. Enter the block data: You can directly enter the data into the text fields of the search tab. This might be difficult though because atm. there is no feature showing you the meaning of the entered numbers. I recommend to enter the block data into the edit tab. Then you can use 'copy to search' to copy the data to the search tab.
    If you want to copy the data from one of the blocks in the grid view to the search tab, you can use the block picker tool. Press 'CTRL + Middle Mouse Button' to copy the block beneath your cursor.

2. Define the search criteria: Use the check boxes to determine which criteria are taken into account.

3. Press search button to start the search.

4. You get a list of coordinates representing blocks that satisfy the search criteria. Click on items in the list to show the blocks (press ctrl + left mouse button for multi selection). You can edit selected blocks by changing the scope in the edit tab to 'search list'.

Last edited by Pille; 05-05-2018 at 02:56 AM.

Changelog v0.45
    - fixed undo/redo (was somewhat broken in v0.44)

Search Feature request:

Current - When I search for a block, it lists several instances of that block, but I can only choose one at a time to edit.

Request - Multi selecting the search results to allow me to edit the selected ones at once.

...basically I want to swap out all instances of block ID 1436 to block ID 0.

(that ability may be in, but I don't know how to use it)

Request: When searching for blocks, I'd like to hit ENTER to search for the ID's, rather than having to click "Search Block".
    Last edited by Guppycur; 05-17-2018 at 01:39 PM.

Bug: When loading a new prefab, the old prefab name shows in the upper-left title bar until I hover over the blocks in the 2D representation.

Request: When loading a new prafab, a warning about not having saved the prior prefab would be nice.

Hey Pille. Haven't updated your editor in some time as I've been on break from playing. Did you ever look into the random gen mazes and dungeons like Hal's had?

Quality of Life Request:

When going to the Search Tab, please have it run the Search function on whatever data is stored there, whenever the tab is loaded.