Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Prefab Editor (Alpha)

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    @stomp

I've always viewed it as when looking at a monitor, x is left to right, y is up and down, and z is towards me or away from me. Like Hal's was, with the layers being z.

- - - Updated - - -

@pille

Yeh, Dropbox or drive ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    @pille

Yeh, Dropbox or drive ftw.
    So I added a dropbox link. However, I am not sure that the autoupdater (not published yet) will work with these URLs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pille View Post
    So I added a dropbox link. However, I am not sure that the autoupdater (not published yet) will work with these URLs.
    Depending on your updater, github may work.

I use the azure cloud for my auto-updater, and have it set up as a Pay As You Go account. It's usually a few pennies a month for the couple of gigs that the Mod Launcher uses for new users and update checks.

The most I payed was about $12 for the month of March or April, but the Mod Launcher transferred a ridiculous 98G that month in new downloads. Launcher is about 36 megs per download I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    @stomp
    I've always viewed it as when looking at a monitor, x is left to right, y is up and down, and z is towards me or away from me. Like Hal's was, with the layers being z.
    I copied the Unity way of doing things so the editor and the game were in sync. Made sense to keep them together and learn the new way than swap from one to the other in my head depending where I was dealing with the prefab. I think you meant y for layers though, at least in the editor terminology

Has anyone tried hosting something like this on the 7DTD section over on Nexus?

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Naw, talking about how *I* look at x,y,z; if the editor even has labels, I gloss them over when using it... I use more of a n/s/vertical to get my bearing, and visualize what I'm building. I definitely call layers z.

I had a point, but it's long lost...

@sphereii
    Thanks for the tip sphereii. I will have a look at azure cloud as soon as the most important parts of the editor are finished.

@sphereii
    Thanks for the tip sphereii. I will have a look at azure cloud as soon as the most important parts of the editor are finished.
    I use the One-Click installer in Visual Studio 2017 to create the auto-updater. It's easy to use and enable, even if the install path is wonky. But it ties into the azure cloud easily. There are other solutions out there, but this was by far the easiest.

It even allows you to use a signed certificate, but I don't recommend getting one. They are very expensive, and I'm not convinced they add a lot of value.

I don't have any experiences with programing auto-updaters. So to me the journey is the destination (until I get annoyed at this approach).
    Last edited by Pille; 05-11-2017 at 04:42 AM.

Looking pretty interesting, will give it a go when you've updated it for A16.

Quote Originally Posted by Kubikus View Post
    Looking pretty interesting, will give it a go when you've updated it for A16.
    Yep, it's not a bad idea to wait till I add the really interesting features...
    Last edited by Pille; 05-22-2017 at 12:07 AM.

Just a few hints to the new paint mode in alpha 1e:
    It works similar to ms paint. You have to set the block properties in the set widget (see red arrow) and click on "paint" (see red arrow) to activate the paint mode, then click on the view and keep the left mouse button pressed to "paint" the blocks:

Last edited by Pille; 05-23-2017 at 02:59 PM.

Just a few hints to the new paint mode in alpha 1e:
    It works similar to ms paint. You have to set the block properties in the set widget (see red arrow) and click on "paint" (see red arrow) to activate the paint mode, then click on the view and keep the left mouse button pressed to "paint" the blocks:

So this will translate to color the blocks in game. Like I could make a steel block red?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Force View Post
    So this will translate to color the blocks in game. Like I could make a steel block red?
    If there is a color "red" in A16 then you could do that. The colors you can see in the editor aren't related to the ingame color atm.
    Last edited by Pille; 05-23-2017 at 08:43 PM.

Comments about the new toolbar of version 0.1f:
    1. Selection mode
    2. Drag mode
    3. Paint mode / brush mode
    4. Filler (work similar the color filler function of mspaint)
    5. Block picker (click on a block to select it / writes block properties into the set tab)
    6. Image-based selection (1. choose a png image, click on a block, hold the left mouse button and move the cursor to change the size of the mask).
    This feature works better with black and white pictures with thick lines. There are a few examples in "Zombie (32 bit)\data\images\test pictures".
    7. Inverse selection (inverts the current selection)
    Last edited by Pille; 06-07-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Just a little preview of the A16 version:

Last edited by Pille; 06-07-2017 at 07:30 PM.