Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778
Results 1,156 to 1,164 of 1164

Thread: Prefab Editor (Alpha)

@Pille, have you experienced trees spawning over any of your prefabs while testing them live in game? I am getting some weird overlap from world trees when testing my prison in sam's custom map. See post below. Any ideas?

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...=1#post1054493

Hi. My suggestion: Make an air prefab (consisting of only air block) that has the same size as your POI and add the corresponding entry above the entry for the prison in the prefabs.xml. I think Guppy had the same problem with my ship. There was water in it that belonged to the custom world. Unfortunately, the air prefab trick didn't work but but perhaps you can use it to remove those trees. Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Pille View Post
    Hi. My suggestion: Make an air prefab (consisting of only air block) that has the same size as your POI and add the corresponding entry above the entry for the prison in the prefabs.xml. I think Guppy had the same problem with my ship. There was water in it that belonged to the custom world. Unfortunately, the air prefab trick didn't work but but perhaps you can use it to remove those trees. Not sure.
    Thanks for the idea, I will give that a shot. Side note, after the conversion to a18 inget slot of texture white text messages in the console. Are those anything to be worried about?

Screenshot please.

Refugee
    Pille,

Can you advise how to get the 7daystodie tab to work so I can view the prefab as it will look in game? When I click on the tab, all I am getting is a white screen.

War and Peace,
    UnknownSoldier

P.S. Thanks a million for this tool. Now I can review all of the compo packs and make sure no one is being overly enthusiastic about loot boxes, or secret rooms to not-cheat finding. And get rid of the horribly designed ones.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Pille View Post
    *Steps to convert prefab*
    Unfortunately this didn't work for me.
    I was meticulous about the steps, but the prefab still refuses to load into a new RWG world
    No warnings, and the prefab loads fine in the prefab editor, just not into a world.

Hallo Pille!
    You can tell me briefly what the files contain."ins"?
    And, for what now need <property class= "Stats"> in prefab-xml?

Leader
    Pille mate

I am trying to fix some textures missing on blocks in my prefab. Yeh every time I do it it doesn't work :'( are you able to take a look for me at all please

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    Pille,

Can you advise how to get the 7daystodie tab to work so I can view the prefab as it will look in game? When I click on the tab, all I am getting is a white screen.

War and Peace,
    UnknownSoldier

P.S. Thanks a million for this tool. Now I can review all of the compo packs and make sure no one is being overly enthusiastic about loot boxes, or secret rooms to not-cheat finding. And get rid of the horribly designed ones.
    That's not implemented yet, sorry. I am waiting for a more stable base game, where stable means that no drastic changes are to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Muriel View Post
    Unfortunately this didn't work for me.
    I was meticulous about the steps, but the prefab still refuses to load into a new RWG world
    No warnings, and the prefab loads fine in the prefab editor, just not into a world.
    Probably a bug related to the random world generator. How big is the prefab? No warnings in the ingame prefab editor usually means the problem is connected to the rwg.

Quote Originally Posted by n2n1 View Post
    Hallo Pille!
    You can tell me briefly what the files contain."ins"?
    And, for what now need <property class= "Stats"> in prefab-xml?
    .Ins - No clue. But it must be something optional. "the stats are not used by the game so far, informational only" - Alloc. Stats can be somehow used to optimize the performance of a prefab. That's my theory deduced from the patch notes and Alloc confirmed it more or less.^^

Quote Originally Posted by stallionsden View Post
    Pille mate

I am trying to fix some textures missing on blocks in my prefab. Yeh every time I do it it doesn't work :'( are you able to take a look for me at all please
    He's already been helped.
    Last edited by Pille; 2 Days Ago at 05:01 PM.