Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JCrook1028 View Post
    Seems perfectly reasonable to me that a Youtuber's work is the content on their channel and they surely did create it. Really? Are we seriously having a hard time with this phrase?
    Meh. Yes, people who make videos are content creators, too. All I meant was it's a broad term. If you say you're a content creator for 7 Days to Die, my first guess would be you're a modder. I might've called it "Channels", for instance. My 2.

"Channels" is actually nice or maybe "Broadcasters". Something to think about for sure. Don't a single person say "Poll" though cuz I'm done with those for awhile....

Poll

Hey Roland

[SUG] IDK if there's an easy way of doing this but do you think we can get in this thread the creators channels to be listed in alphabetical order?
    Last edited by Tin; 05-26-2017 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Hey Roland

[SUG] IDK if there's an easy way of doing this but do you think we can get in this thread the creators channels to be listed in alphabetical order?
    Should we do it in this thread or create a separate index thread?

Question: What is the best way to record as I play? Right now I am narrating after the fact but when I start my series that I want to do I want my comments to be as I'm playing. I think I did it once by starting just the windows sound recorder and then mixing that file in with my video. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Should we do it in this thread or create a separate index thread?
    Good question. I wouldn't mind it just being in this thread but a separate index would work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Good question. I wouldn't mind it just being in this thread but a separate index would work as well.
    Okay, I got it done and linked to everyone's thread and put it in the Rules Thread. That way there's not another sticky and it's a closed thread so it will always stay on the first page. Thanks for the suggestion Tin.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Use obs for your recording software. Include your Mic as a sound source and the desktop audio as a sound source (to get game noises).

Easy peasy. Lazer has a thread in off topic for settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Use obs for your recording software. Include your Mic as a sound source and the desktop audio as a sound source (to get game noises).

Easy peasy. Lazer has a thread in off topic for settings.
    Thanks. Now I feel bad about your link in the index....lol

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    I noticed it, too.

...wasn't sure if it was jest or uh, the fact that you're MERELY a math teacher, and not something important like an Art History teacher. ;-)

(kidding aside, lemme know if you need help setting up OBS. It's pretty cool, because you can also set up multiple video sources, so you can have the game, your webcam, a browser window, etc...

I recommend keeping the Mic setting all the way up, and the "Desktop Sound" setting at about 30%, that way the game sounds don't overshadow the smooth sounds of your sexy man-voice.

So I purchased the full version of Bandicam about a year ago. But should I just forget that and go with OBS? I noticed that Bandicam had the sound sources as well but so far I haven't been able to get them to work so that my mic is loud enough. You feel that OBS is superior?

So I purchased the full version of Bandicam about a year ago. But should I just forget that and go with OBS? I noticed that Bandicam had the sound sources as well but so far I haven't been able to get them to work so that my mic is loud enough. You feel that OBS is superior?
    I don't know anything about bandicam but I can tell you OBS is very good. It will let you stream or record at ease. Can be set up with hot keys so you can mute or change scenes on the fly. It is pretty easy to use and there are a lot of sites with info on how to do stuff with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anabella View Post
    I don't know anything about bandicam but I can tell you OBS is very good. It will let you stream or record at ease. Can be set up with hot keys so you can mute or change scenes on the fly. It is pretty easy to use and there are a lot of sites with info on how to do stuff with it.
    Bandicam simply records. I use a different program to edit and upload to Youtube. OBS does everything? Record and then edit and upload?

Bandicam simply records. I use a different program to edit and upload to Youtube. OBS does everything? Record and then edit and upload?
    OBS is to record with. You can stream directly to youTube if you wish, but most people who watch streams do so for 1 of two reasons - background noise or social interaction. If you want higher quality video, your best bet is to record rather than stream, especially if you plan to do any editing.

youTube allows direct uploading right from their website, so you don't need an "uploader", per se, though I wouldn't recommend using Internet Explorer to upload with.

Not sure what you use for editing, but I have tutorials on how to edit using Hitfilm Express, and it's another free program. Not too difficult to learn either, if you're already familiar with video editing software. I even have a tutorial on making an intro directly in Hitfilm, exporting it, and reimporting it for each video, if that's something you'd be interested in.

If you have any questions about any of this - OBS, Hitfilm, youTube in general - I'm sure there are tons of people here that can help. For most of us, it's a hobby we enjoy, so we're actually passionate about it.