Page 1 of 275 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: [06/09] Message from the Team - Patch 10 - The lowdown post

Wink [06/09] Message from the Team - Patch 10 - The lowdown post

Hi Everyone!

The team are bundling up Patch 10 to send off to MS and Sony! We're super excited about this patch, and we wanted to give you a heads up of what to expect! We don't have a final release date yet, but I think it's safe to say we're looking at releasing soon... just kidding, I can narrow it down, it'll be some time this month!

I know you're all dying to get stuck in, but I need to do the usual bit first....

- NOTES only apply to the fix DIRECTLY ABOVE them, unless otherwise stated
    - do NOT post bug reports below. They belong in the CONSOLE BUG REPORT section.
    - keep posts CIVIL and RESPECTFUL when discussing or giving feedback about the patch.
    - please keep the post ON TOPIC. This post is for the discussion of this patch ONLY.
    - I do NOT have further info on A15 or A16 features beyond what is in the notes or updates on MD5, Multiplayer issues and other fixes, when I have those updates they will get their own post.

Now with out further ado, the notes....

-------------

7 Days to Die [Console]
    Release Notes
    Patch 10.0
    PS4 Version 1.14
    XB1 Version 1.0.14.0

Patch 10 is coming up soon and it’s going to include a TON of new features and bug fixes. We have not been this excited about a release since we first launched the game on console! Check out the list below to see what’s in store.

New Features

For those of you who follow development of the PC version of 7 Days to Die, the features below will probably look pretty familiar! Some of these features will require you start a new game to experience them. We've broken them into 2 sections below. Check them out!

Will Work in Existing Saves

Updated Sky and Weather Effects
    Sky and weather effects have been updated to be more immersive.

Item Combination and Repair
    The workbench UI has been updated to allow players to combine items in order to make items of better quality. Any two items of the same type with a quality score (such as tools, weapons, and armor) can be placed into the workbench and a new item of better quality will be created. The workbench can also be used to repair items using other lower quality items as fuel. Workbenches can now also be disassembled with a wrench.

Lootable Gore Blocks
    Zombies and their gore blocks have been updated so that when a zombie corpse decays into a gore block, the gore block can still be looted for the same loot that would have been looted off the zombie corpse. Along with this, zombies will decay into gore blocks a lot sooner than they used to and will often, when enough damage is done, instantly turn into gore blocks upon death.

Will Require New Saves

New Items
    Over 50 new items have been added this patch. They will be available from a variety of sources but only to players that start new games in Patch 10. Some of these new Items include:
    o New plants and harvestables
    o Various new types of scrap
    o A whole slew of new clothing items to be found

New Block Types
    Over 100 new blocks have been added to the game. There are several that help flesh out existing block sets with new pieces (corners and arrow slits), toggleable lights, drawbridges, and a new crafting station. These blocks will only be available to players that start new games in Patch 10.

Farming Improvements
    Farming has been improved in Patch 10. The concept of fertilized land has been added, along with 4 new seed types (Yucca, Mushrooms, Chrystanthemum, and Aloe). These new features will only be available to players that start new games in Patch 10.

New Recipes
    Over 60 new recipes have been added to the game. Many of these have been added to complement the new Block Shapes and Farming features being added this patch, but a few exist to allow players to craft items that are already in the game. These new features will only be available to players that start new games in Patch 10.

Chemistry Station
    A new crafting station, called the Chemistry Station has been added to the game. This station provides a way to craft many of the recipes you can craft on the campfire, using different, easier recipes and crafts those items in less time than the campfire.

Skills Updates and Balancing
    Most of the changes done to the skills have been balancing ones. A lot of the changes were changing the level needed for next level requirements, changing the cost of some skills and the amount of experience needed to level those skills up. Two new skills were added (Chemistry Station and Breaking and Entering) and two were removed (10mm Round Crafting and Leather Tanning). These new features will only be available to players that start new games in Patch 10.

Bug Fixes and Improvements

Gameplay
    Fixed an issue causing the Basic Survival Quest 4/8 to require more wood than it takes to craft the Wooden Club
    Fixed an issue that allowed zombies to clip through doors and hatches while the player was upgrading them
    Fixed an issue that would prevent a player from standing after crouching in a 2x1 tunnel
    Fixed an issue causing throwing items to be thrown further and more quickly than intended
    Fixed an issue that would cause Yucca Plants to provide an additional fruit when shot
    Fixed an issue that allowed the player to get resources from animals before skinning/gutting them
    Fixed an issue that resulted in smelting guns yielding no materials
    Fixed an issue that would allow players to drop cooking tools while interacting with a fire or forge
    Fixed an issue that would make the placement indicator for signs appear green even when overlapping a location in which signs couldn’t be placed
    Fixed an issue that would cause the number of brass units gained from scrapping Duke’s Tokens to vary inconsistently based upon how many tokes the player was scrapping
    Fixed an issue that would cause the player to be unable to harvest the top of a corn plant if they harvested the bottom first
    Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause pipe bombs to land directly at the player’s feet when thrown

Art/Audio
    Fixed an issue causing certain blocks to appear invisible from one side when upgraded
    Fixed an issue that caused Cotton Plants to be missing a texture
    Fixed an issue preventing Animal Hide Leg Armor from being displayed on the character model
    Fixed an issue causing the forge and campfire SFX to continue playing between exiting and loading a new save
    Fixed an issue that caused the water bottle icon to show incorrectly in the character tool belt after being filled
    Fixed an issue that caused SFX associated with cancelling an item in the crafting queue to play too loudly
    Fixed an issue that caused SFX associated footsteps to briefly become inaudible after the player would sprain/break a leg

System/Stability
    Fixed an issue that would cause the game to prompt the player to activate split-screen whenever they would exit the audio options
    Fixed an issue the would cause the session to temporarily freeze after cancelling crafting on a large quantity of items

We hope you all are as excited as we are for Patch 10! We can’t wait to see what you think!
    Last edited by Clare; 06-09-2017 at 12:19 PM.

Desert, wasteland or in small burnt village
    Thank you thank you!!!!
    I got everything I dreamed!
    1. drawbridge!
    2. workbench combine!
    3. lootable core!
    I'm so freaking happy now!
    Last edited by Mregomies; 06-09-2017 at 11:21 AM. Reason: HYPE!!!

Colony Founder
    patience is a virtue.

Tracker
    Wow just wow I'm freakin stoked, thanks Clare for the wonderful news. I am blown away with this patch I got most of the main things I wanted as the lootable gore blocks was huge for me (no more risking my neck for that precious loot), the updated workbench AND the chemistry station. Excited to get into it see all the other cool changes. I have both the PC and PS4 versions so I'm doubly excited, there's gonna be alot of 7 days marathons in the coming months ha ha. Thanks again Clare ur awesome as always and please pass my gratitude onto the great development teams that've been hard at work to bring us this awesome game.

Refugee
    Thank you for the content but will we get xp for killing zombies in this update?

Refugee
    Some superb additions cant wait Hope it is out next week

Hooray for Console Players getting some goodies finally.

Now maybe the whiners will stop. LOL, I kid, I kid. They will never stop, lol.

Thx,
    hope this stops the whiners for a week or so...
    @funk: 2 idiots one thought

Scavenger

Yay!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Hooray for Console Players getting some goodies finally.
    Finally got some more A15 content! Now I can trade some of my salt for peppering zombies instead.

Tracker
    This is great news! The icing on the cake would have been an updated map with new pois (the a15 ones,mine,prison etc)

But having said that....im quite excited!

Scavenger
    Oh yea gore blocks weather and goodies. The Fun Pimps have made this zombie slayer very happy.

Excellent Update, far more than expected or owed. Having followed TFP for too long now, absolutely in keeping with your love of the community even when this love is not returned. I never doubted TFP would silence the Nay Sayers.

A whole slew of new clothing items to be "foudn" other than that awesome stuff

Refugee
    Great news , thank you to the devs for putting a patch worth waiting for together.