Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha 16 Experimental B113 is Out!

Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    Bug: Logging out within minutes of a supply drop will stop it from happening.

I logged out at 11:58am game time.
    I logged back in. It read 11:59am game time.
    No supply plane or supply drop.
    Also checked the log and the neither action happened.

Alpha 16 B113
    Fresh start.
    Day three.
    Supply drops set for once a day.
    That's because 'day 1' doesn't count. You should get your drop on day 4.

Quote Originally Posted by velocidad View Post
    Selfmade caves are totally broken.

On 7 day, I start diggin a tunel, from a lake shoreline towards the middle of the closest montain.

When I dig some meters, I got the hunted status (it was day, standar settings. Zeds should not see me throgh walls). I found this strange, but I come out kill the zed and keep going with my cave. I finish this cave during night, I went out at day and get away from there, and when I come back to the cave entrance I found this:

The entrance seem somehow closed, but this is a Wall with no collider...
    Attachment 21090

...when I enter the tunel I see this...

Attachment 21091

...this also don't have collider, so passing through and more of the same:

Attachment 21092
    You lucky, lucky bar steward, the perfect cave with no visible entrance. Great for PVP, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by h0tr0d View Post
    That is a copout Sylen, and he didn't deserve that.

We understand that response but experienced gamers know what an automated response is. EverQuest had "working as intended" until it was corrected.

This is an awesome game but has always had memory leak issues; a few builds ago it was horrible (was it with UMA zombies?) and then TFP did an optimization update or whatever and the game ran so much better it was inspiring.

All of us understand with huge new builds there will arise new challenges and issues to be overcome but quite a few of us have been running MP servers over 20 players. Our server, as an example, can support 50, but we expect lag and issues as we near that.

What he describes is a 20 player plus problem new with A16; I talked with the head of tech support for our host and he told me he saw FPS tank once we hit around 22 players and we were using 12 GB of ram minutes after a restart.

MM said in a video before A15 release that the game, as intended, is only optimized for up to 8 players multiplayer. Just because you have 10, 20, 50 player slot servers, doesn't mean that the game will work, as intended, for that level of play. The response was valid and completely within acceptable parameters...yours sir, was not.

Refugee

Question Weather

I don't know if its just me but for 2 days I'v had one weird weather after the next all in one day. It starts as fogy then goes to snow back to fog then thunderstorm back to fog and it keeps going. I'm in a forest biome and if I leave it the weather stays with me. Is this normal?

A16 B113 (new game) Bugs

BUG?: Grilled meat says it gives 1.35 wellness but after eating a second, my wellness does not go up. Is there a timer before you can eat another piece of Grilled meat? Any +wellness food?

BUG? No trickle of zombies after the horde stages - has this been removed - used to see 1-2 come by until dawn to annoy us.

BUG: When viewing skills, the selected level box does not allow you to enter a number - for skills with 100 points, it would be nice to actually be able to either fast forward to 100 to view the benefit or enter the level you want. The text box appears like any other you can type in - if no entry is intended then it should look different.

BUG: Crafting a Steel pick axe with Const tools at 300 quality - nothing indicates that Science will influence quality. Crafted and got a 250 Steel pick axe - when viewing my Science level it indicated items of 200 - something was amiss. Increased my Science from 3 to 5 to get 300 quality... There should be a clearer indication of what skills will impact an item's quality.

Crafting Suggestion: Give a preview of what quality/specs an item will have before making us commit to building it.

Loving the build so far (bugs and performance aside). Keep up the great work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slaymore View Post
    BUG: Crafting a Steel pick axe with Const tools at 300 quality - nothing indicates that Science will influence quality. Crafted and got a 250 Steel pick axe - when viewing my Science level it indicated items of 200 - something was amiss. Increased my Science from 3 to 5 to get 300 quality... There should be a clearer indication of what skills will impact an item's quality.
    The skill does actually clarify which level is known and which you can buy (once you meet the requirements).

Quote Originally Posted by WulfgarTX14 View Post
    I don't know if its just me but for 2 days I'v had one weird weather after the next all in one day. It starts as fogy then goes to snow back to fog then thunderstorm back to fog and it keeps going. I'm in a forest biome and if I leave it the weather stays with me. Is this normal?
    In Soviet Russia all days are fog and snowy rain.

Nomad
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedbettername View Post
    Crafting a chainsaw blade requires a chainsaw blade (Alpha 16 b113). Is this WAI?
    Quote Originally Posted by ualldierealgood View Post
    Yep been that way for ages it should be removed from the work bench
    no. it repaires your chainsaw/auger blade to initial quality of your science skill

Refugee
    It's like putting 20 passengers in a BMW and saying look I can fit 20 people in. Oh and the specification on your mpg and fuel economy are not working....lol

Survivor
    Hole in the world, centre of the Map, Co Ords 0,0. Game seed is DexA16b113
    I also had a bug where the mini bike fell through the building, same game seed.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by WulfgarTX14 View Post
    I had a similar experience, it was snowing in the forest biome, no snow biome in sight.

Refugee
    I think i have the workaround for the' creating player ' situation. Make a second game , settings don't matter. Load the second game and let it start. Then quit and load your intended game. This works about 8 out of 10 times for me. Good luck.

Reconstructionist ualldierealgood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kamer1337 View Post
    no. it repaires your chainsaw/auger blade to initial quality of your science skill
    That still doesn't make sense since you can repair the auger with repair kits. Imagine your a new player you've been creating new items by crafting them. Then you look in the work bench and is says you can craft an auger blade but when you go to, it asks for the thing you're trying to craft.

Since you can't craft a blade it shouldn't be there, it should be repaired by steel or forged iron.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnocence View Post
    I ended up having to lower my normal textures to half size and uma to lowest to correct this.

With normal textures on full it was bumping memory use by the game up to like 60k.
    Thank you Sinnocence. That did not work for me, BUT you gave me the idea to lower the screen resolution from 4k to 2560x1440 - and that's the snag! Now the cursor runs accurate and without any stuttering or lags Never thought that this could help because in game all was fine except at the inventories. Now I can play with having fun - YIIIHA, thanks again! Simple solution ...

Refugee

Corn bug Alpha 16

The corn on alpha 16 seems to bug out the game. The audio lags and when returning from picking corn you cannot get into any boxes ect?