Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Teach me how to extract, edit then repack the archives (Sound/Gfx).. please.

  1. #1
    Colony Founder Scyris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,943
    Rep Power
    1

    Teach me how to extract, edit then repack the archives (Sound/Gfx).. please.

    Mainly looking to lower the volume of the gun sounds and the chainsaw especally to maybe half of their current volume, since the game lacks a sound fx slider atm, and changing the max volume thing would make everything else too quiet. I tried using UBAE and I couldn't figure out how to actually get the stuff to extract etc so I could edit it. I probally did something wrong so that is why I am asking for this. Please provide urls for the downloads and such as well if you can.

    Thanks a ton for any and all help, I really wanna edit some of the sounds that I feel are just way to loud.

  2. #2
    Survivor Madnesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm also looking how to edit chainsaw sound level, which is insane. Please assist!

  3. #3
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    0
    Aren't Item sound levels defined in the sounds.xml?
    i.e. a simple edit without packing etc.

  4. #4
    Ranger bigstep70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Building Worlds.
    Posts
    263
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Last-I View Post
    Aren't Item sound levels defined in the sounds.xml?
    i.e. a simple edit without packing etc.
    No they are not... sorry
    sounds.xml is just a placeholder file that queues certain sound events depending on vicinity/action

    i may be mistaken but I have tried to change a few thing here and there in the soundsxml and can not really tell if my changes "take"

    ...like the electrical sound of fridges and store signs... zombie apocalype, everyones dead, whos running the infrastructure ? why do we have electrical items running ?
    untill we fix it that is

  5. #5
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    0
    Well, I've looked into it myself, and indeed the answer is no.

    But, I did manage to change the actual sound of the chainsaw into the nailgun sound in sounds.xml... and it works....blisssss

    Code:
    Changed the file paths and file names
    
    <SoundDataNode name="chainsaw_idle">
    	<Noise ID="3" range="14" volume="16" time="3" muffled_when_crouched="0.65" heat_map_strength="0.05" heat_map_time="60"/>
    	<AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/Weapons/Motorized/Nailgun/nailgun_fire1" AudioSourceName="Sounds/AudioSource_Interact"/>
    	<LocalCrouchVolumeScale name="1"/> <CrouchNoiseScale name="1"/> <NoiseScale name="1"/> <MaxVoices name="2"/> <MaxRepeatRate name="0.01"/> </SoundDataNode>
    
    <SoundDataNode name="chainsaw_fire_start"> <AudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_Interact"/> <NetworkAudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_WeaponFire_Network"/>
    	<Noise ID="4" range="25" volume="20" time="2" heat_map_strength="0.2" heat_map_time="90"/>
    	<Sequence/>
    	<AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/Weapons/Motorized/Nailgun/nailgun_fire1"/>
    	<AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/Weapons/Motorized/Nailgun/nailgun_fire2" Loop="true"/>
    	<AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/Weapons/Motorized/Nailgun/nailgun_fire3"/>
    	<LocalCrouchVolumeScale name="1"/> <CrouchNoiseScale name="1"/> <NoiseScale name="1"/> <MaxVoices name="3"/> <MaxRepeatRate name="0.01"/> </SoundDataNode>
    Not perfect obviously, but at least we can do something

    Now lets change the blade trap sound....
    Last edited by Last-I; 08-21-2017 at 04:27 PM.

  6. #6
    Survivor Madnesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Last-I View Post
    Well, I've looked into it myself, and indeed the answer is no.

    But, I did manage to change the actual sound of the chainsaw into the nailgun sound in sounds.xml... and it works....blisssss

    Code:
    Changed the file paths and file names
    
    <SoundDataNode name="chainsaw_idle">
    	<Noise ID="3" range="14" volume="16" time="3" muffled_when_crouched="0.65" heat_map_strength="0.05" heat_map_time="60"/>
    	<AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/Weapons/Motorized/Nailgun/nailgun_fire1" AudioSourceName="Sounds/AudioSource_Interact"/>
    	<LocalCrouchVolumeScale name="1"/> <CrouchNoiseScale name="1"/> <NoiseScale name="1"/> <MaxVoices name="2"/> <MaxRepeatRate name="0.01"/> </SoundDataNode>
    
    <SoundDataNode name="chainsaw_fire_start"> <AudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_Interact"/> <NetworkAudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_WeaponFire_Network"/>
    	<Noise ID="4" range="25" volume="20" time="2" heat_map_strength="0.2" heat_map_time="90"/>
    	<Sequence/>
    	<AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/Weapons/Motorized/Nailgun/nailgun_fire1"/>
    	<AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/Weapons/Motorized/Nailgun/nailgun_fire2" Loop="true"/>
    	<AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/Weapons/Motorized/Nailgun/nailgun_fire3"/>
    	<LocalCrouchVolumeScale name="1"/> <CrouchNoiseScale name="1"/> <NoiseScale name="1"/> <MaxVoices name="3"/> <MaxRepeatRate name="0.01"/> </SoundDataNode>
    Not perfect obviously, but at least we can do something

    Now lets change the blade trap sound....
    Yep, that works, thanks!

    For now, I simply put an invalid path for the chainsaw audio clip. I still have the idle sound playing so it's not dead silent when using it.

  7. #7
    Community Moderator xyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    1,810
    Rep Power
    1
    Changing the sound files should be possible using sdx to update the .asset file with a new soundclip. You can export the existing .wav files already with the UABE tool. A tutorial on that is planned for the tutorial project, but I cant say when that one will be done.

  8. #8
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Rural Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    sdx xyth? I'm a total noob to asset modification so there's a bunch of terms used in the forum which I don't understand. . .

  9. #9
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Enemy for life
    Posts
    22,036
    Rep Power
    1
    That's old news anyway.

    Package the new sounds in unity as a .unity3d file and then use the new sounds for your item.

  10. #10
    Colony Founder Odetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    The Wonka Factory
    Posts
    1,050
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    That's old news anyway.

    Package the new sounds in unity as a .unity3d file and then use the new sounds for your item.
    How do you do that?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •