Thread: Electric Fence Wire wire bug

Refugee

Electric Fence Wire wire bug

One of my electric fence wires keeps connecting to the bottom part of the electric fence post. I simply re-wire it and it's fine until I leave the area and come back, then the wire has changed. It's hard to explain so I'm including a screenshot. Version Alpha 16 B113. I have modded my windows.xml to include the statbars and exp bar, both visible in screenshot and nothing else.

20170620205704_1.jpg
    Last edited by allibear17; 06-21-2017 at 02:18 AM.

Reconstructionist
    This bug is still present in B119.

Yeah, just experienced this too. I have multiple fences in a cross pattern, all of them down one block (so that crawlers could not pass under them). Now I find a section of my fences go to the bottom part of the 'receiving' posts. I can reload the game, this fixes some part of the fence and 'bugging' another part.
    20170627134904_1.jpg You can see on the screenshot some wires go underground because of this bug.

SP, A16 b119, new game.

Refugee
    In my experience, this is visual only, and zombies are still shocked as if it was laying correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by allibear17 View Post
    In my experience, this is visual only, and zombies are still shocked as if it was laying correctly.
    I just tried it, the wire is one block above the floor (purple is tripwire, and the blue (bugged) is an electric fence).
    20170629003806_1.jpg
    As you can see, the blue wire is bugged, and the 'submerged' part doesn't electrocute me.

So unfortunately it is not visual only. Of course, I can place it normally (two blocks above surface), but then dogs and crawlers can pass under it.

Refugee
    still present on a16.2 b7

The trick to prevent this is to have them placed sideways instead of up and down. SO even if it does change where it is connected the wire will keep its position.

This of course may require some reworking of your build to make it happen.

Was happening to me all the time with my build.

Still present on Alpha 16.4

Survivor
    Still happening in 17.1

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephton View Post
    The trick to prevent this is to have them placed sideways instead of up and down. SO even if it does change where it is connected the wire will keep its position.

This of course may require some reworking of your build to make it happen.

Was happening to me all the time with my build.

Thanks for the info; Great idea! Saves tons of time having to rework your base design if it's implemented from the beginning. I used Elec. Fences all the time in A16 and plan to do the same in A17, so this will definitely help...