Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Make the world under water - any tips?

Make the world under water - any tips?

Hi!

Objective: Make a flooded world.
    So far:
    Played with RWGmixer and biomes xmls

To clarify: Not a world OF water, but a regular world map with pois in which those pois are submerged. I realize i would have to go and change prefabs to NOT copy air blocks, but i figured that could be Step 2.

I saw some posts that almost helped so thought i'd make a new one. Not certain i this should have gone in the "game mods" section. Please feel free to move it if need be.

HOping someone can help or atleast point me in the right direction or has any theories on this.

thanks!

the way you are trying to engage poo is counter productive.
    Not even sure that is possible, but I'd wait until they fix water behavior before even trying it,

Once the game has better water physics, underwater POIs and boats, this would be sweet. Until then, it would be a massively annoying and very boring world.

In fact, if they somehow added bouyancy to certain blocks (like wood blocks) building a floating base would be a really cool method of playing the game. Though, totally OP against the horde (unless they made it so zombies can swim... ).

Quote Originally Posted by DividingByZero View Post
    Once the game has better water physics, underwater POIs and boats, this would be sweet. Until then, it would be a massively annoying and very boring world.

In fact, if they somehow added bouyancy to certain blocks (like wood blocks) building a floating base would be a really cool method of playing the game. Though, totally OP against the horde (unless they made it so zombies can swim... ).
    I am thinking the only places zombies can spawn is areas outside of water. SO when you approach a city they would be clusetered on top of buildings. My MAIN goal with this is that I simply want to challenge self and see if I can survive. The water can work exactly as it does now I just need layers of water blocks on top of the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by zOmbieFails View Post
    I am thinking the only places zombies can spawn is areas outside of water. SO when you approach a city they would be clusetered on top of buildings. My MAIN goal with this is that I simply want to challenge self and see if I can survive. The water can work exactly as it does now I just need layers of water blocks on top of the ground.
    Sure - unfortunately I don't know if it is possible as you are envisioning. I think water areas are generated without any POIs, not sure if there is a way to do another pass and add layers of water on top of everything else already generated.

The problem is that there are many Blocks with shapes that would have under water strange airbubbles.

So no, until fix its no good idea to do that.
    Fut finally , yes sure.

Piranhazombiesharks FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by DividingByZero View Post
    Sure - unfortunately I don't know if it is possible as you are envisioning. I think water areas are generated without any POIs, not sure if there is a way to do another pass and add layers of water on top of everything else already generated.
    In the biomes.xml it allows you to set layers such as dirt snow clay (and of course subbiomes are inthere too).. stone even bedrock.

WHen i tell it to make the top X layers water it simply ignores me all togeher. So it wouldnt have to be necessarily applied after. WHy does it ignore me? im not certain. That;s one of the thing i hoped to solve with this post

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    The problem is that there are many Blocks with shapes that would have under water strange airbubbles.

So no, until fix its no good idea to do that.
    Fut finally , yes sure.

Piranhazombiesharks FTW.
    I'm not worried about wierd shapes. Step 1 water Step 2 change prefabs to not copy airblocks. this way poi won't spawn with walls of water around them.

Have you expirimented with the rwgmixer.xml ? I feel my answer will be in biomes.xml rwgmixer.xml or both.

Tracker
    I am a total noob to those XML files. Feel free to ignore me

I have read a statement, that the water is defined in the rwgmixer.xml as filling height from -32 to 0. You could propably increase that 0 to maybe 32 an raise your overall water level. Iirc, the biomes may not overlap, thus some additional modifications might be necessary. All other biomes should start at 32 or 33 then.

This would propably not cause POI to spawn under water. Not very helpful, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by McOrigin View Post
    I am a total noob to those XML files. Feel free to ignore me

I have read a statement, that the water is defined in the rwgmixer.xml as filling height from -32 to 0. You could propably increase that 0 to maybe 32 an raise your overall water level. Iirc, the biomes may not overlap, thus some additional modifications might be necessary. All other biomes should start at 32 or 33 then.

This would propably not cause POI to spawn under water. Not very helpful, I know.
    ACtually! I tried -32,240 ! but maybe something else needs to work with it. And no this is helpful. It helps me to talk about it. I tried messing with those numbers BUT it may have been before i realized I need to make a whole new world wipe after each change. So I will try that again actually to rule it out.

If you conceive it and believe it you will achieve it ,, or something like that. Go to biomes at the bottom or rwg, switch the value of water with the lowest biome. Then look at the height for snow i think its 175 here <terrain_generator range="150,175"/> put it in the water config setting and the one you switched with. but must use lower beginning and end values or will probably cause chaos. ex water 0,30 wasteland -.50,0 something like that. Then whatever is predestined for that spot normally may i repeat may be underwater, but if you do remember bears and wolves and zombies can live underwater and are faster than you there. These are my tweaks http://imgur.com/a/3OQuh
    Good luck

Was -32,240 arbitrary or chosen for a reason?

Quote Originally Posted by 4sheetzngeegles View Post
    If you conceive it and believe it you will achieve it ,, or something like that. Go to biomes at the bottom or rwg, switch the value of water with the lowest biome. Then look at the height for snow i think its 175 here <terrain_generator range="150,175"/> put it in the water config setting and the one you switched with. but must use lower beginning and end values or will probably cause chaos. ex water 0,30 wasteland -.50,0 something like that. Then whatever is predestined for that spot normally may i repeat may be underwater, but if you do remember bears and wolves and zombies can live underwater and are faster than you there. These are my tweaks http://imgur.com/a/3OQuh
    Good luck
    Ok It has been a while, BUT i tried to interpret your instructions and tried a few different ways none of which worked properly. Would you mind dropping few more details? I want to swim down to loot houses. Help make my dream come true lol

I could SWEAR that back in A14 there used to be a LOT of underwater pois. They would be at those 4 way crossroads, and the road would be above water, but the pois would be under. I may have a pic somewhere, Ill have to try and find it.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Walking-Dad View Post
    Was -32,240 arbitrary or chosen for a reason?
    Oh Sorry for late reply i swear i replied to this! I was trying to make water account for like EVERY block n the world to see what happened if I recall

Quote Originally Posted by JaxTeller718 View Post
    I could SWEAR that back in A14 there used to be a LOT of underwater pois. They would be at those 4 way crossroads, and the road would be above water, but the pois would be under. I may have a pic somewhere, Ill have to try and find it.
    We need someone who understands the mixer xml and/or biomes a bit better. LIke someone who wrote the game could answer in 2 seconds im sure. We just have to find someone who knows how the thing works better.