Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: [06/27] Message from the Team - Summer Update #1 [Patch 10]

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfletcher View Post
    I have workbench and still cant find jail doors or stainless steal blocks anyone know how to get these items and yes im on a new world
    Jail doors are only.a creative block.

Scavenger
    Finally found an equalizer for the pesky dogs: a nice supply of Barbed Wire Fences and the wonderful Spiked Club! Now I can "safely" roll up in the Wasteland and deal some payback to those pesky pooches! Collecting a lot of animal hide and animal fat which comes in handy. If two or three charge, I lay down the Barbed Wire Fences to slow them down. The wonderful Spiked Club one shot kills 'em every time. Have lots of med kits with you before going in though.

Refugee

Healing

It seems healing made a big change this update, the smaller medical bandages heal slowly over time. I actually died twice thinking i would heal alot faster! It appears you still heal from eating enough food, but that seems to be slowed down alot too. Took some getting used to but once you know about it, its not so bad

Refugee
    Amazing!!!
    Being a player that hasnt touched the game since signs were first implemented, this is a breath of fresh air!

Coming back tonight!!!!

Refugee

Not Happy with Patch 10

Don't know about the lighting improvements, can't see further than 4 feet in front since new patch (on day 10) nothing has changed. Feral dogs every 100 yards in derelict biom, if you die there you can kiss your bag goodbye. The lack of being able to see has turned me off. I will go back to old saves until it is fixed. Not happy!

Ranger
    There is definitely no gray area when it comes to the "immersion effect" is there? Either people like the realism of the dark, foggy atmosphere or hate it...i always saw survival as being able to adapt to adverse conditions, and therefore love it. The hints that this 7dtd world being caused by a nuclear war kinda lends itself to rainy, foggy conditions, don't ya think?

Idk...i just hope the whiners don't make the devs turn this into Minecraft

Tracker

Talking into my phone while I drive but you should get it

Quote Originally Posted by marlinblack65 View Post
    Don't know about the lighting improvements, can't see further than 4 feet in front since new patch (on day 10) nothing has changed. Feral dogs every 100 yards in derelict biom, if you die there you can kiss your bag goodbye. The lack of being able to see has turned me off. I will go back to old saves until it is fixed. Not happy!
    Before you click on a save game, go to your video settings turn opacity down and Gamma up. Then go into a save started up see how it looks if it's still looks like crap go back out that just adjust some more.

Refugee
    You mean, people are actually complaining that dogs can run faster than a person now? Lol. I do agree there may be too many spawns now tho.. and I really like the new challenges and the fact it takes more resources and iron early game. Makes it more accomplishing.

People having problems with lighting... how? Turn your gamma up at the games home screen, use torches, mining helmet, hunt on the nice days, mine on foggy days, or move to the desert. Days 22 with default hard settings and only died 3 times first 2 days looking for land.

Patch 10 adds a must needed survival aspect that was lacking before imo.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHighGuy94 View Post
    Can anybody tell me if we now get experience towards leveling up for killing zombies? Please and thanks everyone
    He'll yeah we get xp for killing zombies! About time too! Gives me more incentive to crack their skulls open!!

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by StickiestEnd View Post
    He'll yeah we get xp for killing zombies! About time too! Gives me more incentive to crack their skulls open!!
    Explodate their forefaces!

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Splitknuckler View Post
    Explodate their forefaces!
    Shoot them in the balls!! G4k! Love that dude!

Ranger
    Best. Update. Ever ..

Seriously. I love the challenges now, no longer is it a hop skip and a jump to steel tools and concrete.

The game for me (on xbox) runs so much more smoothly than before, especially when there's lights (the ones in the bunkers used to make it crawl). The textures are much better (especially noticeable on the log spikes) and the new blocks certainly help. Fun fun fun.

Scavenger
    Can we make machetes?

Refugee
    Has anyone noticed the dollar sign in the top right corner of your inventory box??? Whats that for

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by magotheus View Post
    Has anyone noticed the dollar sign in the top right corner of your inventory box??? Whats that for
    I wondered this too, also if you go onto creative mode and look at armour, there is bandit armour in the game, it's also on the screenshots of the update too, anybody care to elaborate on these topics?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjataco View Post
    Can we make machetes?
    Sadly.. no