Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: I rarely post here but I just had to...

  1. #1
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    0

    I rarely post here but I just had to...

    This is the most fun I've had in a multiplayer game in a long time. The extensive A16 changes have completely overhauled the experience of 7DTD from average to outstanding. Myself and 5 friends rented a server for a month on a whim to check out the new A16 changes and we had an absolute riot.

    The distant terrain rendering is incredible and really does add to the immersion when you reach the crest of a mountain to see the vista of sprawling cities, the layout of which really does make sense now! It is a pleasure to see and even more so to explore.

    Sleeper zombies have dramatically improved the scavenging gameplay, haven't had the sh*ts put up me in a game for a long time, now literally every doorway needs to be edged through with caution to prevent the sleepers from flanking the player.

    Just wanted to express my appreciation for all the development work and to say that I have full faith this will be one of the best multiplayer experiences in my Steam library, as it already is

    Warm regards!

  2. #2
    Reconstructionist Lexicroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    South East Asia
    Posts
    556
    Rep Power
    1
    If there was a Radio tower POI in the wilderness or High tower with ladder / stair attached to it, it would be awesome
    and ziplines of course xD

  3. #3
    Inventor Bimbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Republic Of Texas
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    1
    The Far View really makes the fog feel more bothersome now... you feel cheated from seeing all that sweet distance

  4. #4
    Reconstructionist Faded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    515
    Rep Power
    1
    I love the improved distance terrain, new city generation, sleeper system, and electricity.

  5. #5
    Zombie Hunter
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    405
    Rep Power
    0
    Exploration has definitely improved. And of all the features, updates and new things, I think the distant LoD modelling of the buildings is just inspired. it's really damn clever and it works really well, most of the time. Bugs nothwithstanding, there are some tales of distant buildings not existing and vice versa. But overall, when it works, it's immensely powerful without being obstrusive. A gold star to whomever(s) put that together.

    Now if they could stop punishing the resource economy so hard, that would be swell.

  6. #6
    Inventor SenLim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    815
    Rep Power
    1
    Yes I'm also having fun as well.

    If you forget you've experienced previous alpha versions, you may actually enjoy it better imo.

  7. #7
    Nomad zombo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    357
    Rep Power
    1
    I haven't played it yet, cause I am waiting for stable to hit, but in my mind it sure has been fun. I dreamed of building some pretty epic stuff, and imagined having a blast defending it. I can't believe how fun it's been so far. Good to see many others are enjoying it too!
    OH! Gotta run, in my imagination, there is swarm of police on my ingame property and THEY DO NOT HAVE A WARRANT!

  8. #8
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RageMaster View Post
    This is the most fun I've had in a multiplayer game in a long time. The extensive A16 changes have completely overhauled the experience of 7DTD from average to outstanding. Myself and 5 friends rented a server for a month on a whim to check out the new A16 changes and we had an absolute riot.

    The distant terrain rendering is incredible and really does add to the immersion when you reach the crest of a mountain to see the vista of sprawling cities, the layout of which really does make sense now! It is a pleasure to see and even more so to explore.

    Sleeper zombies have dramatically improved the scavenging gameplay, haven't had the sh*ts put up me in a game for a long time, now literally every doorway needs to be edged through with caution to prevent the sleepers from flanking the player.

    Just wanted to express my appreciation for all the development work and to say that I have full faith this will be one of the best multiplayer experiences in my Steam library, as it already is

    Warm regards!
    Are you actually playing A15? You have to do special actions in steam to do so.

    The reason I'm skeptical is that I tried playing with 1 other person, and it was far too unstable for just the two of us. I have no idea how you've gotten 5 people together with it working.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    15,861
    Rep Power
    2
    How would he experience sleeper zombies or distant sprawling cities if he were playing A15 unless you are saying.....he's lying....on the internet...

  10. #10
    Colony Founder JaxTeller718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ravenhearst
    Posts
    4,359
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabeeto View Post
    Are you actually playing A15? You have to do special actions in steam to do so.

    The reason I'm skeptical is that I tried playing with 1 other person, and it was far too unstable for just the two of us. I have no idea how you've gotten 5 people together with it working.
    Huh?

    Been running a MP server since the day of Exp release and the 9 of us have had no issues like this. What stability issues are you experiencing?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    How would he experience sleeper zombies or distant sprawling cities if he were playing A15 unless you are saying.....he's lying....on the internet...
    Dude, come on. Be real.

  11. #11
    Colony Founder LuckyStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    With your Mom
    Posts
    3,610
    Rep Power
    1
    Yeah just the sleepers alone has made A16 a hit!

    Well... that and a hotkey for scrapping item. =D

    TFP really did some fine work.

  12. #12
    Inventor SenLim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    815
    Rep Power
    1
    I did accidently hotkey "scrap" when I wanted to "wear" a purple shirt.
    Darn you hotkey.

  13. #13
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    0
    Careful with this post. You will attract flames from the people who dislike the changes.

  14. #14
    Reconstructionist Faded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    515
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Careful with this post. You will attract flames from the people who dislike the changes.
    I'm pretty sure 0 players have an issue with distant terrain. That makes such a huge difference in gameplay there's no way anyone could complain about unless their computer sucks, but that's not something that needs to hold back the game's progress.

  15. #15
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    0
    I specifically suggested to my gamegroup that we play A16. We are definately playing A16. The distant terrain without rendered POIs was totally killing off my immersion beforehand, thats why I'm so impressed with the effect that distant visible structures has had on the game.

    We are into day 20. The first 7 day horde we survived in our modified farmhouse (with the cobble footings), which has a great view of a sprawling city and a town and a trader within 2 mins walk.

    The day 14 horde was survived by hunkering down in a missle-silo in the city. We went there to prevent damage to our items stash in the farmhouse which was getting fatigued. One of our members fell into the missle silo and we spend half the day saving them, managed to secure the underground area with seconds to spare before the rush came. We had one soldier zombie that managed to stealth his way in to us in the silo parking lot where we grouped up to defend which was absolutely hilarious. 5 players trying to stab the same sprinting zombie to death and me just looking on with the flashlight lol! The rest of the horde was smashing thru the shutter-doors and when they did we had an archer line behind spike defences. One of our players was shouting "PULL..... RELEASE..." for synchronised volleys, others were quoting lines from Aliens 2 during the zombie break-in.... . It was glorious.

    Cant wait to finish up working today to get back on it. Managed to put together our first mini-bike and are going deep into the trading game. All 6 players are spec'd in different complimentary skillsets.
    Last edited by RageMaster; 07-04-2017 at 04:58 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •