Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Page left/right

Survivor
    Hi Clare it's a new save and he's the host.

Thanks D33, if you manage to get a screenshot please send it my way. I'll pass this info onto the team!

Nomad
    Hmm and I deleted the videos thinking it was fixed. I haven't seen it after the update and it always jumps out on me after every update.

I'm on xbox btw but if it pops up again I'll post some new videos of it.

Edit: Come to think of it I still have that old save and haven't played it since I posted the vids, I'll try it out when I get home and see if it still does it.
    Last edited by Hellsmoke; 09-22-2017 at 10:21 AM.

Thanks Hellsmoke, let me know how you get on =)

Nomad
    Sorry I'm late with this but I tested my old save game and tried to recreate this issue and was not able to.

To put this into context, this is a bug that has bothered me for a very long time and I had it in every game. In this save I had a nice spot where I knew I could recreate it 100% as seen in the videos I posted upon request. I can not make it happen at all anymore. I ran around my farm and to my mine, I ran back and forth to my toothy and back to the farm and I even went to the hub city to really push it and nothing. I am no longer able to make this happen.

Should I see it even once I will record it and update this but if you ask my honest opinion I'd say it's gone. Me and this bug are old friends and know each other very well. It was a minor bug but a bug none the less and I may add that running around my farm felt much more smooth like I clearly noticed a better frame rate. I doubt that this is due to this one fix alone but just wanted to throw that in there, it sure was noticeable.

Will update if anything changes.

Hi Hellsmoke,

Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye out for any updates. In the mean time the video Clay37 submitted for the builder challange shows it fadding in out of thin air without using the UI on a 1.16 save, so we have some evidence there!

Clare

Nomad
    Hey Clare, that is evidence indeed. Would be curious if he was on the ps4 as well, was thinking that it might be a ps4 issue now after what D33 said.

At least we know the team is on the right track because it's gone on my end so they must be hot on the trail.

Edit: Since it is still sneaking around I'll add one more clue in case it might help, I have never had it happen while on a minibike. That might be simply because all menus are disabled while on a bike but I thought I'd throw that in anyways in case it could be of use.
    Last edited by Hellsmoke; 09-25-2017 at 04:32 PM.

Tracker
    Hi all
    Yes to PS4. I had it happen a few days ago while travelling across the plains. I'll see if I was recording and upload the footage if I have it.

Tracker
    I have video of it happening on day 23, 27, and 28. Days 1 & 2 it did not happen, and all video from day 3-22 has been deleted. Day 35, 39, and 40 it happens. Let me know if you want the video Clare.

Edit: Day 35 while on the minibike passing near my base it happened.
    Last edited by clay37; 09-25-2017 at 11:01 PM.

If it's no hassle, sending the video along would be great. If we can't trigger it, I'll prob need the saves to see if we can track whats causing it in your save.

Tracker
    Clare,
    Save file sent through OneDrive - [email protected] should be getting an email soon.
    Thanks
    Clay

Thanks for that Clay! Passing it onto the team

Nomad
    Okay looks like I spoke too soon. Just recorded one as well, my first one. Funny thing is I just got on and made my minibike, ran to the trader because I didn't have much gas yet and upon returning to the chunk where my minibike is located it popped up for the first time. The farm clips, there was also a minibike in the area, maybe that's a clue.

Trying to link it here but the xbox dvr page isn't updated yet so will be adding links sometime today of the first clip and anything else I can make happen because I'm going to mess with it a bit.

Clip 1: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/xX%20Hellsmoke%20Xx/video/37148142

Clip 2:
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/xX%20Hellsmoke%20Xx/video/37159269

Clip 3:
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/xX%20Hellsmoke%20Xx/video/37195696

Clip 4:
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/xX%20Hellsmoke%20Xx/video/37195566

Note: Clip 3 and 4 are me hunting a treasure, no blocks were altered anywhere near hear and the area was unexplored before I got there.
    Last edited by Hellsmoke; 09-29-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellsmoke View Post
    Okay looks like I spoke too soon. Just recorded one as well, my first one. Funny thing is I just got on and made my minibike, ran to the trader because I didn't have much gas yet and upon returning to the chunk where my minibike is located it popped up for the first time. The farm clips, there was also a minibike in the area, maybe that's a clue.

Trying to link it here but the xbox dvr page isn't updated yet so will be adding links sometime today of the first clip and anything else I can make happen because I'm going to mess with it a bit.

Clip 1: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/xX%20Hellsm...video/37148142
    Thanks for that Hellsmoke! I shall add this to the report for the team. The trigger is a mysterious one alright. There may be more than one way to pop it in.

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by clay37 View Post
    Hi all
    Yes to PS4. I had it happen a few days ago while travelling across the plains. I'll see if I was recording and upload the footage if I have it.
    yes i have seen this on my PS4 version as well , haven't figured out how to trigger it