Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha 16 is out!

Ranger
    Summery: We have setup our Nitrado sever with the A16 stable patch and the server is stuck in an endless loop of restarting. We have tried the steamapp folder fix and that didn't work. The server is not reading the serverconfig.xml and is stuck in a loop. Can anyone help please?

Did you start a new save? Yes
    Did you validate your files? Yes

Reproduce steps: Install dedicated server, check standard server config. save file.

Expected result: config files updated to user settings

Refugee
    A17 ready yet LMAO nice work TFP good stuff

YES!! You little beauty! I made it!
    I'm still here and A16 is out!
    My kidneys thank you Fun Pimps.
    The rest of me is pretty bloody happy too.

No where did I put that Machete?

Reconstructionist ualldierealgood's Avatar
    Does anyone have a copy of the server config file for a16? you know one that's working. my server group says they need to add some code to the config file but figure if I can add it now then we can play

Quote Originally Posted by Chag View Post
    I am kind of disappointed that the majority of known issues I consistently saw in experimental build notes, most notably the blade traps not damaging cops or irradiated cops are probably being pushed back to A17. Hopefully it will get addressed in stable hotfixes otherwise I guess im waiting 8 months until A17 =
    The "A" still stands for alpha and there are far more "known" issues and bugs than those listed.
    The only way to stop creating new such issues is to completely stop production and only fix bugs... but then you can never reach beta and a considerable part of the team is twiddling thumbs because their work is done. =)

Sounds like you would be a lot happier just waiting until this is at least "beta".

Can someone with a real Dedicated server post the Vanilla "Serverconfig_A16.XML ?
    Dont know why but i have no Zombies. And because my Provider Backuped his Config and installs it again after update i think maybe there was a change i cant see.

Edit:
    ohh ok forget it looks like vanilla there is no such file
    I try a workarround
    Last edited by Royal Deluxe; 07-13-2017 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wordwaster View Post
    i've tried premade characters, roland. i've tried everything i have seen anyone suggest. i've spent hours trying to get it to work. nothing anyone suggests seems to actually work. this is a game breaking bug for me, and i'm beyond disappointed that it made it into "stable".
    This. A thousand times this.

I've also tried everything people have suggested, not a one 100% successful. I might be able to get in with one solution one day, and none the next.

I don't pretend to know about making games, so have no idea how easy this is to fix.

Fingers crossed this issue is fixed soon.

Client not joining server

Summary: On two seperate PC installations, the client does not progress past the "starting game".
    Version: A16 B138
    Platform: (PC or Mac)PC
    OS/Version: Windows 10 and Windows 7
    both clients logging to remote dedicated server (streamline)

Did you start a new save?yes
    Did you validate your files? yes

Bug Description: The two client PC's both go through 'Initializing World', Create Player' and 'Building World' steps, the hubs are generated locally on both machines then loading stops at 'Starting Game' and memory use goes through the roof. I include a screenshot also showing task manager of client and remote console for server. Output logs from one PC client and the dedi server are included.

I was able to run the game locally on the client (randomGen MP) with the same settings as the dedicated server and it was fine. The server install is vanilla with the exception of Alloc's, and it had no issue with B129. In fact exactly the same settings and setup for B129 except for seed.

Reproduce steps: Wipe server and clients, reinstall, restart same same jimmy rick.
    Seed name= bringonBeta
    Co ords= N/A

1)
    2)
    3)

Actual result: Client not progressing past 'starting game'

Expected result: to play the game
    [Attach bug screenshot and output log if any]server_output_log_20170713.zipclient_output_log__2017-07-13__16-08-04.txt7Days_20170713.jpg

Refugee
    Hello,

Great Work soo far

Btw, ive installed on V-Server and its running fine ! But Version is :
    "Game version: Alpha 16 (b138) Compatibility Version: Alpha 16"

Is this right now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    Can someone with a real Dedicated server post the Vanilla "Serverconfig_A16.XML ?
    Dont know why but i have no Zombies. And because my Provider Backuped his Config and installs it again after update i think maybe there was a change i cant see.

Here it is:

serverconfig.zip

@Rets - on your dedicated server delete the 'steamapps' folder then redo the update and validation. That should fix the issue.

At least yours starts ours won't even connect to the server says cannot retrieve server info. Were with streamline too

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyth View Post
    @Rets - on your dedicated server delete the 'steamapps' folder then redo the update and validation. That should fix the issue.
    nope did not fix it for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Retsof123 View Post
    Summary: On two seperate PC installations, the client does not progress past the "starting game".
    Version: A16 B138
    Platform: (PC or Mac)PC
    OS/Version: Windows 10 and Windows 7
    both clients logging to remote dedicated server (streamline)

Did you start a new save?yes
    Did you validate your files? yes

Bug Description: The two client PC's both go through 'Initializing World', Create Player' and 'Building World' steps, the hubs are generated locally on both machines then loading stops at 'Starting Game' and memory use goes through the roof. I include a screenshot also showing task manager of client and remote console for server. Output logs from one PC client and the dedi server are included.

I was able to run the game locally on the client (randomGen MP) with the same settings as the dedicated server and it was fine. The server install is vanilla with the exception of Alloc's, and it had no issue with B129. In fact exactly the same settings and setup for B129 except for seed.

Reproduce steps: Wipe server and clients, reinstall, restart same same jimmy rick.
    Seed name= bringonBeta
    Co ords= N/A

1)
    2)
    3)

Actual result: Client not progressing past 'starting game'

Expected result: to play the game
    [Attach bug screenshot and output log if any]server_output_log_20170713.zipclient_output_log__2017-07-13__16-08-04.txt7Days_20170713.jpg
    At least yours starts, were with streamline too and it won't even connect says cannot retrieve server info

Quote Originally Posted by Retsof123 View Post
    Here it is:

serverconfig.zip
    Thank you