Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha 16 is out!

Reconstructionist
    PLEASE give back the ability for admins to be able to turn off our footsteps while in god mode. We need that ability to quietly watch bad guys while under ground. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by beerfly View Post
    Read few posts back, a red text.
    Yes, I tried that before. Well, I sort of tried it. My steamapps folder is huge, so I did delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die folder, which then caused Steam to re-download all the files. And they were still B129. I'm not going to delete my whole steam apps folder - there are gigs and gigs in there.

Reconstructionist ualldierealgood's Avatar
    So streamline servers have set me a message.

Unfortunately this new update has broken a few things and most client servers are now going to have to be reinstalled.
    We have applied a few fixes on our end that only take effect after a reinstall.
    Can you please backup your files on your local PC and reinstall your server?

what do they mean by backup my files on my local PC????????

.....man so new to this server thing it hurts

Quote Originally Posted by Ammo7 View Post
    nope did not fix it for us.
    The other two biggies I can think of is

1) use your local install serverconfig.xml file updated and then copied to your dedicated server to overwrite the old file
    - dedicated servers don't tend to update the severconfig.xml file in case you haven't made a backup copy of all your old settings
    2) make sure you've deleted your old save files on the dedicated server and are starting a new map

I had an issue previously where the server provider support attempted to reset the server and made it worse by mucking up the dedicated server batch file. Once I fixed that pointing to the correct locations for 'their' server everything worked again.

Reconstructionist ualldierealgood's Avatar
    lol don't worry about it now they say I don't have to backup just reinstall...hope it works

thanks TFP

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyth View Post
    @Rets - on your dedicated server delete the 'steamapps' folder then redo the update and validation. That should fix the issue.
    @Mhyth, you sir are a bloody marvel, worked an absolute treat. Rose also thanks you, her sever was doing the same. We now have at least two happy little vegemites on B138. Thank you.
    Last edited by Retsof123; 07-13-2017 at 10:33 AM. Reason: word change

Quote Originally Posted by thearrican View Post
    So basically too lazy to actually do your job, test it, and make sure you're putting out a polished product? Let's try that in any other industry. So we made this drug, we think it cures cancer, but at the same time it might kill you immediately, but the last one didn't kill you right away, it took a few days, but the cancer went away, we think, but the person was dead so who cares.

***EDIT*** AND REALLY you just told a consumer of your product "don't read so much", how in the hell are you employed in any customer facing position. Any other company where you told someone to not actually read the things put out by said company and basically belittle the customer for actively questioning something they paid for would cost you your job.
    Over react much?

Quote Originally Posted by Retsof123 View Post
    @Mhyth, you sir are a bloody marvel, worked an absolute treat. Rose also thanks you, her sever was doing the same. We now have two happy campers on B138. Thank you.
    I went through the same thing when attempting to update. Credit to h0tr0d for posting the fix earlier in this thread.

Gamerfactory.de had no <property name="EnemySpawnMode" in their own Config file you as Customer cant reach.

Fix in Progress

Scavenger
    Congrats FunPimps on another milestone, great work guys. (I am sure it will be 98% safe for MM to ignore the beard eating thing by now)

And special thanks to the QA team for their hard work and astonishing patience on this one. You people rock!

Now then... Any news on A17 yet? lols

Refugee
    Ich habe den steamapp ordner gelöscht, aber bei steht immer noch alpha 16 (b139). Ist dass ok ?

Reconstructionist
    hmm, under known issues, game freezes on create player appears twice O.o lol

Quote Originally Posted by ualldierealgood View Post
    So streamline servers have set me a message.

Unfortunately this new update has broken a few things and most client servers are now going to have to be reinstalled.
    We have applied a few fixes on our end that only take effect after a reinstall.
    Can you please backup your files on your local PC and reinstall your server?

what do they mean by backup my files on my local PC????????

.....man so new to this server thing it hurts
    Shouldn't need to back anything up as you are starting with fresh game and delete your save files. Go ahead and reinstall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyth View Post
    I went through the same thing when attempting to update. Credit to h0tr0d for posting the fix earlier in this thread.
    LOL, thanks to @h0tr0d as well then, I must of missed his post. I was skipping a few because of the spam. Alls well that ends well. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Manitux View Post
    Ich habe den steamapp ordner gelöscht, aber bei steht immer noch alpha 16 (b139). Ist dass ok ?
    jup, insofern es läuft müsste alles passen