Page 55 of 127 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: A16 Discussions and feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Yondering View Post
    This is one of the things I hope never changes with 7dtd. To be honest, I've had almost as much fun tweaking it to my own tastes over the revisions so far, as I have playing the game itself. But I doubt many would be interested in my mashup of tweaks.
    Sharp rocks and pointy sticks?

Inventor
    Bug reporting form

Summary: Zombies not a serious threat during night time
    Version: 16.1 b1
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows 10
    Game mode: MP/dedi ran gen

Did you wipe old saves? yes
    Did you start a new save? yes
    Did you validate your files? yes
    Are you using any mods? no

Bug Description: During night time, zombies are doing lots of stuff (running around, punching walls, ...) except detecting/chasing the player.

Unless: you're very, very close to them, they will then start chasing you. Or on a 6 hours night time (10pm to 4am), around 3.40am, when sunlight is better, their "chasing" capacity will start to work normally.

I'm able to walk/do stuff outside on night 1 without being bothered.

Reproduce steps: Go outside during night time on a MP/DEDI ran gen and see what zombies are doing
    Seed name= Any
    Co ords= N/A

1)
    2)
    3)

Actual result: Zombies not detecting/chasing the player, but doing something else

Expected result: Zombies should detect/chase the player

I keep getting lots of dead zeds on my spikes around my base and my walls damaged yet I spent the night deep underground mining or even crouching standing still undetected they come to my base. No lights outside no windows or open doors. How are they all finding me? da7 17 for example morning outside was about 15+ dead zombies around my base.
    P.S. No screamers when it happens.
    Playing since A1 cant to wait to see whats next.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by JayzenFreeze View Post
    I keep getting lots of dead zeds on my spikes around my base and my walls damaged yet I spent the night deep underground mining or even crouching standing still undetected they come to my base. No lights outside no windows or open doors. How are they all finding me? da7 17 for example morning outside was about 15+ dead zombies around my base.
    P.S. No screamers when it happens.
    Playing since A1 cant to wait to see whats next.
    I believe they smell your farts... the distinct smell of a diet of meat, eggs and random canned crap. The dead can't see too well but man can they whiff a stinky vapor a mile away!!!

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by giKoN View Post
    You guys could have done a hotfix with two line changes of your xml files to fix this 6 weeks ago. What do you mean wait for a17? It can be fixed right now, 5 minutes. You can find it here in the forums - if you'd sometimes show some more appreciation for your community.
    ^ This. No, it's not a 'stealth system', it's a non-implemented POC that self-admittedly broke not only Zombie AI, but animal AI as well.

Here is my new pet snake, Henry; Henry can't attack people so well, but he sure doesn't like the cage I put him in. I guess he really wants to come see me. This is possible because the AI is *BROKEN*; should we just pretend that the zombie virus rotted all the animals brains as well?

Some may think I'm sounding "overly critical", but if the MAIN ANTAGONIST of your game (zombies, as there are no NPC bandits) do not work, then this is a HUGE step backwards from Pre-alpha 8-15. We should *not* have to wait for Alpha 17 for something that should be a hotfix for the AI.

I can't believe that something like this would make it through testing, despite Mad Mole having shown videos of Alpha 16 beta with working AI...

20170729225607_1.jpg20170729225827_1.jpg

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    If people can't cope with the current version they can mod the xml settings for themselves.
    Can we get an official answer from a Developer as to whether or not the *broken* Zombie AI (as defined by the AI not detecting you properly or at all, unable to attack you, unable to run in a line at you, snakes wanting to be your best friend instead of eating you etc.) is a *feature* or a *bug* and whether or not it is going to be fixed before Alpha 17?

I have seen multiple people post about this issue using the template requested, yet no tester has acknowledged the report...being that Zombies + horde night is such a HUGE feature of this game (and surviving every 7 days is the goal/challenge), I would say this is a little more than a petty grievance about a small bug

Waiting for some solid info about next patch.
    I'm still playing it in it's current state. It's playable. But I just had to destroy one of my walls with bare hands because I got teleported inside the wall above doors. Not nice. 20 min real time clicking at that wall.
    The bugfix would be really welcome.

Summary: The following error occurs when placing a garage door in front of a garbage dumpster.

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.

Version: A16.1 b138
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows 10
    Creative, single player

Did you wipe old saves? yes
    Did you start a new save? yes
    Did you validate your files? yes
    Are you using any mods? no

Bug Description: See summary above and screenshot below

Reproduce steps: Build a wall around a dumpster using 1/2 blocks then close it off with a garage door. Then mouse look away from the garage door and then back again several times until error pops up. See screenshot below.
    Seed name= A16StableTest02
    Co ords= N/A

Actual result: Error when placing block.

Expected result: No error when placing block.

Moving the garage door one voxel away from the dumpster causes the error to stop.

Last edited by Laz Man; 07-30-2017 at 07:22 AM.

Reconstructionist ualldierealgood's Avatar
    Reply thanks buddy the journal is incorrect then😆

Reconstructionist ualldierealgood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PGT666 View Post
    Nitrate can be found by breaking down the boulders littered through many biomes! (As well as rock, iron ore and coal).
    We've cleaned out the boulders and caves in our biome but someone said nitrate nodes are in the burnt biome so well check there.

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by caderent View Post
    Waiting for some solid info about next patch.
    I'm still playing it in it's current state. It's playable. But I just had to destroy one of my walls with bare hands because I got teleported inside the wall above doors. Not nice. 20 min real time clicking at that wall.
    The bugfix would be really welcome.
    In my experience I can usually just squat and close/open the door to get out of the wall, or if worse comes to worse and I cant, I think relogging fixed it too. Maybe certain situations dont allow you to do this tho.

Guys what you think, if the pimps pimp the wire to use some amount of resources according to its lenght ?

Quote Originally Posted by beerfly View Post
    Guys what you think, if the pimps pimp the wire to use some amount of resources according to its lenght ?
    This is basically in place by Wire relays absorbing Wattage and a limited length of the cable per electric unit. Therefore if you have long cables, you are forced to use relays.

Scavenger
    Ive setup an elite base defence system but does not trigger when zombies get close they still crash through my base is there something im doing wrong?

Spoiler: 

Quote Originally Posted by giKoN View Post
    This is basically in place by Wire relays absorbing Wattage and a limited length of the cable per electric unit. Therefore if you have long cables, you are forced to use relays.
    I understand , but would be more real if a meter of cable costs some amount of metal & brass for example. Just a thought.