Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hal's tweaks

Hal's tweaks

Hey guys,

Here's the start of a tweaks thread I'm starting. The aim is to have a collection of tweaks for the game that improve play. I've started it off with a change to the minibike that reduces the fall damage and allows a further fall before taking damage. I like doing the jumps but losing half my health just didn't feel right.

Suggestions are welcome so if you can think a tweak stick it here and if it's something I'd like in my playthrough I'll add it in.

Download Link A16.3
    Download Link A16.2
    Download Link A16.1

Tweaks

[16.3]
    FasterGodModeSpeed can be set in the .cs file. Defaults to 3x

[16.2]
    giveselfskill command - new console command to give yourself skill points to spend without raising player level
    AutoRunDm - automatically enable dm mode when you start a game
    DisableWeather - automatically runs "weathersurvival off" when entering a game
    LogXP - logs skill experience gains to a file in the save directory (%appdata%\7DaysToDie on PC)
    Minibike tweaks - greater fall distance before damage and reduced damage after that. Always enabled (remove the XML from the config to disable)

Customising the mod

Check out the HalTweaks.cs file in the mods Script folder and you can enable/disable certain tweaks at the top of the file by setting the values to true/false.

e.g.

Code:
    public static bool AutoRunDm = true;
    public static bool DisableWeather = true;
    public static bool LogXP = false;
    If you wanted to enabled logging the XP and disable running DM mode you'd turn it to this:

Code:
    public static bool AutoRunDm = false;
    public static bool DisableWeather = true;
    public static bool LogXP = true;
    Then recompile SDX.
    Last edited by HAL9000; 09-02-2017 at 06:55 PM.

1) Make it so that chest can stack items up to infinite or extreme amounts in 1 slot (like boiled water going up to 99999 instead of 15) but when pulled out only the normal max stack is given to the player?

this will make storage a bit easier for me.

2) Make it so that when in a chest, items that don't normally stack, (like guns or gun parts, or those bloody clothes) somehow take up only 1 slot for items that are the same item but retain their individual quality. Like, perhaps these slots are actually another window that opens up when you click on the item, allowing you to see all of the same but different quality items in that slot.

3) on screen display of what insulation i need to stay warm or cool at current moment? so i don't have to guess. This number would take into account the biomes current temp, and my wetness.

4) make it so planting seeds, or using a hoe flattens the ground - the same way a wood frame does but without the need to have them

5) make it so that multiple motion sensors can be connected to just 1 sound alarm? instead of 1 for each sensor (it sounds god aweful when they all go off at once)

6) what about an auto loot? when i'm near a zombie body, my guy just immediately loots it during blood moon? so that i don't have to build my base around reaching the loot, but killing instead (what i feel it should be about, but no one wants to lose loot, am i right?)

7) do i just copy and paste this somewhere? or in there more to installing this? want me to make a vid about getting started with your mods? i make decent youtube videos. like so: https://youtu.be/i_5PiHHnKAU though that is one of my low production ones.

i know you might not be able to do any of this, but i just threw it out there.

1) That's an interesting idea but not one I'd implement. The max stack on anything is 32k but the idea is sound

2) That's a rewrite rather than a tweak.

3) I just turn weather survival off ^^ in fact in the next tweak release it runs the dm and weather off command every time you start a game automatically.

4) I think it does that already now, except when it's a single block (and therefore can't be flattened)

5) I think the Pimps are on with that

6) not a fan of that, you'd end up with more junk filling spaces till your full

7) Yeah once you're set up with SDX it's just copy/paste but there's setup work to get SDX running (and that changes from version to version)

Zombie Hunter
    I second bring able to hook up more than 1 power source per item, I've been looking for a way to do this since a16 was released but so far I've had no luck. Not sure if this is something you could do, but right now I'm trying to come up with a way to have generators kick in only once the battery bank is depleted.

Quote Originally Posted by HAL9000 View Post
    1) That's an interesting idea but not one I'd implement. The max stack on anything is 32k but the idea is sound

2) That's a rewrite rather than a tweak.

3) I just turn weather survival off ^^ in fact in the next tweak release it runs the dm and weather off command every time you start a game automatically.

4) I think it does that already now, except when it's a single block (and therefore can't be flattened)

5) I think the Pimps are on with that

6) not a fan of that, you'd end up with more junk filling spaces till your full

7) Yeah once you're set up with SDX it's just copy/paste but there's setup work to get SDX running (and that changes from version to version)
    1) i'm guessing it's a lot of work to make this work?

4) no, my garden is not flat. at all. execpt for where i dug, and where i placed a frame down before hand.

6) could you though? make it so that i could turn it off and on. I would keep dump chest nearby to unload. Also, could i filter out items?

also, suggestion number 8) for testing purposes i'd like it if dm mode could be activated automatically when i wanted it and 9) if i could speed the "game speed" up beyond what the "numpad +" allows. for when i'm testing timing that the day slider for some reason won't adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by three08 View Post
    I second bring able to hook up more than 1 power source per item, I've been looking for a way to do this since a16 was released but so far I've had no luck. Not sure if this is something you could do, but right now I'm trying to come up with a way to have generators kick in only once the battery bank is depleted.
    I remember reading a post by Prime or Kin saying they've done it this way for a performance reason. To get it working nicely I think it'd need to code around what the pimps have already done. I've not really looked at the power code, I'm giving it a couple of alphas till they settle in on the system they want but after that it could be worth a look. Yeah the battery bank thing is something I'd like too

Quote Originally Posted by layarion View Post
    1) i'm guessing it's a lot of work to make this work?

4) no, my garden is not flat. at all. execpt for where i dug, and where i placed a frame down before hand.

6) could you though? make it so that i could turn it off and on. I would keep dump chest nearby to unload. Also, could i filter out items?
    1) Yeah it's half overriding the games behaviour so it'd get messy quickly. Other than the limit on stack sizes theres nothing stopping it being implemented but having the container code deal with containers and player inventory differently would be difficult to get right. Maybe after gold when things won't need updating much

4) I'll have a test next time I'm in game but I thought the hoe flattened when it changed the dirt

6) Yeah it'd be pretty easy to add something that checked the players surrounding for loot containers on entities and took what was there but the simplest mod takes a few hours to get running and ready for release so it's not something I'd prioritise because of other projects that i'm working on

also, suggestion number 8) for testing purposes i'd like it if dm mode could be activated automatically when i wanted it and 9) if i could speed the "game speed" up beyond what the "numpad +" allows. for when i'm testing timing that the day slider for some reason won't adjust.

dm is automatically run in the next version of the Tweaks mods

Game speed can be changed by running dm and pressing escape. There's a gamespeed option that might do what you need

back to game speed, that doesn't make things like forges, concrete, and plants work faster (or grow). it's just something i wish i had when trying to test things.
    Last edited by layarion; 07-23-2017 at 01:50 AM.

could you make it so that when i look at my Skill XP i can see a numerical value? or display my skill xp on screen? or when a skill or something gets xp, show how much as added? just same wayt o make tracking Skill XP easier than constantly opening the perk window and eyeball a red bar.

Do you know a way to make Mining helmet and NVG using battery power and must be reloaded ?
    In my eyes one of the most important tweaks to balance the Stealth System.

could you make it so that when i look at my Skill XP i can see a numerical value? or display my skill xp on screen? or when a skill or something gets xp, show how much as added? just same wayt o make tracking Skill XP easier than constantly opening the perk window and eyeball a red bar.
    That sounds like a black-magic UI mod

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    Do you know a way to make Mining helmet and NVG using battery power and must be reloaded ?
    In my eyes one of the most important tweaks to balance the Stealth System.
    That's an interesting one. It'd probably need the player entity update method changing to go through the characters clothes and see if they needed batteries and update from there.

That's an interesting one. It'd probably need the player entity update method changing to go through the characters clothes and see if they needed batteries and update from there.
    i google search of :

"black magic" mod 7 days to die

pulls up no idea of what you are talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

hey hal, have you figured out how to get sleepers volumes to work?

in phils editor and your "bbb ip prefabname [sleepers]" i get empty space. when i just do "bbb ip prefabname" i do see the phantom sleepers.

- - - Updated - - -

example of my sleeper problem: https://youtu.be/ok0oQaqb2ew

i google search of :

"black magic" mod 7 days to die

pulls up no idea of what you are talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

hey hal, have you figured out how to get sleepers volumes to work?

in phils editor and your "bbb ip prefabname [sleepers]" i get empty space. when i just do "bbb ip prefabname" i do see the phantom sleepers.

- - - Updated - - -

example of my sleeper problem: https://youtu.be/ok0oQaqb2ew
    Ha, no, I meant that sounds like a UI mod and I find those to be black magic.

I think there's an issue with empty spawning volumes at the moment. You can check if the bbb commands are working by trying a vanilla prefab to see if the zombies spawn in

Ha, no, I meant that sounds like a UI mod and I find those to be black magic.

I think there's an issue with empty spawning volumes at the moment. You can check if the bbb commands are working by trying a vanilla prefab to see if the zombies spawn in
    ill give it a try on vanilla, that makes sense.

as for the batteries and mining helmet. it does sound cool, and more survival crafting.

could you make it so players could adjust the focus of the mining helmet? as is, i find it's focus to be too narrow and blinding.

- - - Updated - - -

ok how about this, instead of a ui mod, make a option that outputs xp i gain to an action, or per action, to a log file or to the chat window? i just want some way to measure, and analyze data so that i can turn it into information. Measuring the xp side by side in images and counting the pixels is cumbersome.

Not sure if this could help you...it is a post where DUST2DEATH helped me get skillpoints on my screen. Maybe something there you could use. I am thinking of trying to add it to the one he made for Guppys server again like I had before. Read the 3 or 4 posts after this one.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...l=1#post598128